The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
No had it done professionally.
Still better than that boring plain grey colour.
Quote from G!NhO :No had it done professionally.

Ah ok, I thought so. Looked a bit to shiney

How much was it for 4 wheels if I may ask?
Haha

€400 total, also painted the inside and the....uhmmm velgbed. The gold is actually a candy paint which is more expensive but this was the first time they used it so i got it for less.
-1kg
Attached images
2012-10-10_15-56-57_915s.jpg

not bad for a clutch that's been driven 350k km
Attached images
2012-10-10_17-53-50_225s.jpg
I decided that ill put E46 330 crankshaft,rods,pistons(=2.9L)us m3 3.2l camshafts,M50 intake swap,and chiptune in my car once,dunno when but ill do it
Quote from e2mustang :I decided that ill put E46 330 crankshaft,rods,pistons(=2.9L)us m3 3.2l camshafts,M50 intake swap,and chiptune in my car once,dunno when but ill do it

Can't you simply buy a faster BMW for the sum of money you'll be spending?
whats the fun in that?
Or buy a Euro M3 engine... proper engine..
that doesnt work like that in hungary,that i just swap engines etc.. and again its just boring to swap an engine + it cost a lot of $ here. an egine cost same as my car was lol.from used parts it will be relatively cheap. But this is in the far future atm..
Is everyone doing mk3 VW clutches this week? I just got the trans out of one a couple hours ago.
i need opinions:

i am in the market for an e39 540i, and there are none affordable in good condition typically in my area. (mostly rusted to sh1te).

i live in Massachusetts and am interested in a car from Maryland. This is about an 8 hour drive one way; the guy is willing to meet me half way.

now why this one? 145k miles, service records since new, good owner, exactly what im looking for, maintained, no rust, etc.

he is asking $4000 firm. he is willing to pay to put it on a lift wherever we meet to prove to me that the car is almost perfect. (needs a passenger side regulator which he has, abs module rebuild for about $150, and the wipers dont work which is about $150 for a used motor)

i find this a phenomenal deal, even for the day trip, but my dad finds it too far, and not a good enough deal to travel that far.

would you do it for a clean example of what you will be driving for the next few years?

EDIT: also throwing in sports springs and shocks from a dinan 540 he used to have
Heh. I travelled 1000km for my current car and 1000 back.

If it's a facelift model in good condition, the 4k sounds quite good. I would say go and have a look at it. Can't go wrong with the owner once he's willing to drive 4 hours as well.
Quote from logitekg25 :i need opinions:

i am in the market for an e39 540i, and there are none affordable in good condition typically in my area. (mostly rusted to sh1te).

i live in Massachusetts and am interested in a car from Maryland. This is about an 8 hour drive one way; the guy is willing to meet me half way.

now why this one? 145k miles, service records since new, good owner, exactly what im looking for, maintained, no rust, etc.

he is asking $4000 firm. he is willing to pay to put it on a lift wherever we meet to prove to me that the car is almost perfect. (needs a passenger side regulator which he has, abs module rebuild for about $150, and the wipers dont work which is about $150 for a used motor)

i find this a phenomenal deal, even for the day trip, but my dad finds it too far, and not a good enough deal to travel that far.

would you do it for a clean example of what you will be driving for the next few years?

EDIT: also throwing in sports springs and shocks from a dinan 540 he used to have

I drove 200 miles to pick my car up, but I had an independent inspection done before I'd seen it - so I knew it was the spec I wanted and the car was ok so I could just throw him the cash and drive home.

Slightly weird he's offering to drive half way when you could just say "sorry, don't want the car"...
never buy a V8 BMW.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Heh. I travelled 1000km for my current car and 1000 back.

If it's a facelift model in good condition, the 4k sounds quite good. I would say go and have a look at it. Can't go wrong with the owner once he's willing to drive 4 hours as well.

Owner willing to drive for 4 hours just for the buyer to have a look shows how much he wants to get rid of that car.
Just wait for something to show up closer to you. If you drive for four hours to see a car you are going to factor that journey into your decision to buy it or not when you get there.
Quote from KiRmelius :Owner willing to drive for 4 hours just for the buyer to have a look shows how much he wants to get rid of that car.

So? That means the car is crap?
Or it shows hoe confident the seller is about the car, that it won't be crap.
Quote from G!NhO :Or it shows hoe confident the seller is about the car, that it won't be crap.

yep, more like this.. who would want to drive half way anything if he was unsure if the car would be sold or not
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :yep, more like this.. who would want to drive half way anything if he was unsure if the car would be sold or not

How about knowing the car is pure crap, but looks good from the outside and you'll only find out you were fooled when it begins to fall apart. It might be even stolen. Selling it to guy far away is the best way to get rid of the car.

I really doubt the seller would have troubles selling a good car for a good price anywhere near him. Let alone driving the 4 hour trip just for meeting a POSSIBLE buyer.

If he's so desperate to sell the car to you he is either:

a)Super honorable person which for an odd reason loyal to selling the car EXACTLY to you
b) an idiot, point a) includes point b)
c) He's trying to get rid of a car and looking for an idiot to do it. All idiots nearby run out, so he's searching some far away.

I wouldn't do such advanture. Too suspicious IMHO.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :How about knowing the car is pure crap, but looks good from the outside and you'll only find out you were fooled when it begins to fall apart. It might be even stolen. Selling it to guy far away is the best way to get rid of the car.

I really doubt the seller would have troubles selling a good car for a good price anywhere near him. Let alone driving the 4 hour trip just for meeting a POSSIBLE buyer.

If he's so desperate to sell the car to you he is either:

a)Super honorable person which for an odd reason loyal to selling the car EXACTLY to you
b) an idiot, point a) includes point b)
c) He's trying to get rid of a car and looking for an idiot to do it. All idiots nearby run out, so he's searching some far away.

I wouldn't do such advanture. Too suspicious IMHO.

With this thinking......

Logi just go for it if it feels good to you, call the guy.
Quote from G!NhO :With this thinking......

Logi just go for it if it feels good to you, call the guy.

Just don't think I'm a cruel coldblooded kitty-killer, it just the way it is done in here. I've through such stories a few times. If something sounds to good to be true you'll need to think 10 times and check everything 20 times, otherwise you'll most probably get troubles.

Maybe car sellers in USA aren't like ours, then it is only for Logitek's good.

Checking everything more accurately won't hurt anyone, that's for sure.
I just wanted to warn him.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG