The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from major_syphillis :aluminum frame.... carbon fiber/fiber glass body... magnesium roof. around 3000 pounds.

light car with 505 raw hp...

Carbon fibre and glass fibre are two totally different things.
Quote from BlueFlame :Carbon fibre and glass fibre are two totally different things.

different body panels are one of the other...

sorry I should never drunk post again! lol
Quote from skstibi :That job was a pain in the butt wasn't it? That stupid tin shield is so horribly placed and makes the whole task rage inducing. I just wanted to pull out my tin snips and cut part of it off. :wtf2: I never EVER want to pull one of those transmissions again. I thought doing the clutch in my 944 was bad but I'd rather do that again than touch another mk3 trans.

Edit: Oh, you pulled the front end off. I wonder if that made it any easier. I had to roll the trans onto my chest and the push it up in before fighting it but I left the front end on the car.

I had a friend to help but it was hell to put it in there It did help to have front end off since there was two of us working there

Did you have the little part of the tin shield detached when you put the box in?
Quote from major_syphillis :different body panels are one of the other...

sorry I should never drunk post again! lol

Where are you at in that first photo?
Quote from major_syphillis :c6 z06

damn, lucky you c6z06 is better than ZR1 imho

It's one of those rare new cars that I actually like. There's only one single problem with the c6 vette - interior (seats):thumbsdow, but it's an easy fix, just swap them with some bucket seats, and job done

Quote from G!NhO :Nice car, supercharge it!

Nah, don't ruin the LS7, more power is the last thing this car needs, best improvements will be if he gets rid of those crap goodyear run flats and get some semi slicks
First VW problem, Bonnet(Hood) microswitch stopped working. This meant the car thought the bonnet was open, not allowing wipers when stationary, or the washers.

New microswitch £23 from VW. and 30mins later.

VW's are fun to take apart

Any plans for it?
picking this up in the next few weeks...

yes, it's a 86c.

Quote from nikopdr :picking this up in the next few weeks...

yes, it's a 86c.

Supercharge it.
Quote from Bose321 :Supercharge it.

find me the charger used in G40 and i shall

E: Boosted, it's a Polo
i cant even tell what it is...a jetta?
rage
I doubt a car with an engine failure is better than a running one. Just because it's a Lada.

I hate the throttle linkage to the carburator, feels so retarded, and no feel of pushing the gas.

I hate the driving position in the lada, feels like I'm driving a tractor.

Even though it is a bit faster than a stock one, it's still so horrible to drive I can't really have fun driving it. Let alone of going sideways in the gravel, the steering wheel is so ****ing large it hits my legs all the time, it's like a sailboat with the original suspension parts as well.

For a winter beater it is the only choice, if the car's exterior is no problem.

Only thing is that if I find an E30, or a Sierra for cheap then those are options aswell.
Come on, I was kidding, I know how much you hate that Lada.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :rage

maybe you should get someone competent to repair your car
your mechanical incompetence will end up killing yourself or worse someone else
my car is working fine tyvm. had the gearbox fitted in with a friend who has worked these cars for like 10years and has had 6 mk2s etc..
pretty sure he knows this shit a lot better than you ever will, don't push your ego too far..

I only put driveshaft, suspension, front end, wiring etc back together, nothing can go wrong there if you have a brain.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I only put driveshaft, suspension, front end, wiring etc back together, nothing can go wrong there if you have a brain.

so what conclusions are we to draw about your brain from the fact that something did go wrong on the suspension?
actually, nothing went wrong there. only thing that was wrong was the cambers, and it was a pure mistake of being tired and not thinking.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :actually, nothing went wrong there. only thing that was wrong was the cambers, and it was a pure mistake of being tired and not thinking.

Don't feel bad about your problem... I bought a flywheel and the box said "MADE IN CHINA". Now I have to pull it back out because it is about 2-3mm too big around and it ate a starter.
THANK YOU CHINA!!!!
on golf or porsche? :s
Okay, just changed my mind completely about the Toyota GT86. Such a great car!
Handles great, enough power to let the back step out, comfortable, and good on fuel when driving normal.
I want one!
You thought poorly of it before.. smoke much crak?
Quote from Scrabby :Okay, just changed my mind completely about the Toyota GT86. Such a great car!
Handles great, enough power to let the back step out, comfortable, and good on fuel when driving normal.
I want one!

but u have to be mad spending 27k+ euro for GT86, u can buy faster cars for 2k and equally fun to drive, used e36 328i for example

and compering to new cars..

Ginetta G40R - 31k
Caterham supersport - 20k
Caterham R300 - 27k
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG