The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
haha, epic
So is that duplication or just locomotion?
Where's the trollface when you need it?
Spent a half hour looking for a seed that would give me a nice big ocean with some huge cliffs...

Penis
Finally updated to 1.8.1 since Optimine will be up soon.

Was watching a live feed and some guys were talking about Game Booster.. it's actually quite nice.

It's a free little program that will shut off any background programs running, services, etc.
And then when you turn it off, it will reload all of those services (that's the nice part)
download: http://download.cnet.com/Game- ... 000-18512_4-10913645.html

Anyways.. so updated to 1.8 .. **** ME.

First map I spawned on was a damn island; I wish I realized the value of it before I deleted it, but I turned around, and this island was literally the size of my bedroom; it had two trees, and you couldn't walk for more than 3 seconds in any direction until you hit ocean.

Second map was lost in a forest
third .. swamp
fourth swamp
fifth forest
sixth .. swamp forest with a river
seventh.. ****ing forest.

I am sick of spawning in shitty maps, it's really irritating, I spawn and have let chunks load way out to see anything and there's nothing.

I tried creative mode, spawned.. ****ing forest, flew for a solid 2 minutes and it was ALL forest.

really irritating.

I did come across an interesting spawn, it was a forest, walked into a swamp (go ****ing figure) and there was some lava at sea level; and it was setting the entire forest on fire, that's pretty cool, haven't seen that before.

So ... gonna go for it again until I get a normal map where I don't have to run for 2 days with no defense or anything because I'm on flat ground with just trees and no other supplies
I wish I got forests. I tend to get mountains and ravines
So I looked around for any good seeds online, came up with nothing really.

I tried ILikePie and that was pretty cool what it did; split a mountain in two and had a village on it which got cut in half, wasn't to happy with that though.

So I tried.. my birthday.

Seed: 7/5/88

this map is awesome, and this one I am sticking to.
Loaded it.. **** an island.

You start on a section of 3 close islands with 1 single tree. Hopefully it will drop saplings so you can plant more trees (which is how I started off)

I did same seed and went into creative and rendered out the area.

It's got bigger islands you will have to travel to which are quite a distance off. It's got an awesome rolling hill island to the east, a swamp island to the left (which has trees IN the water), and a few forest and desert larger land masses around.

Somewhere, I think to the north is an area with some HUUUUGE mountains; semi realistic ones too, almost like the cliffs of Dover, it's really awesome!
Either way, I highly recommend this seed (7/5/88) for anyone looking for an "Outcast" style gameplay.
This should be fun.

Attached is a picture of the map; starting point is dead center on those 3 tiny islands!

When you first spawn, depending on graphics settings you won't see any island, but with normal you can barely make out the island to the west, and with far it will just be a patch of dirt on the horizon.

Pretty cool, should be fun!
(Hopefully I won't need food to fast LOL; and hopefully not to many mobs will spawn on my island lol! No pigs or cows or chickens / ducks have spawned on those islands which isn't a good sign, maybe I can lay some more dirt down and get some friendly mobs to spawn and survive the island for a bit
Attached images
New World-_normal_north.png
I love the new update, the biomes are so much cooler now, yeh you tend to spawn in thick forest, but if you keep looking you come across a map like this...
Attached images
myview.jpg
I SPY UFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See I hate maps like that; I like the realistic ones, not crazy giant poking mountains with holes underneath, and random straight drop off cliffs in the middle of a plain.
I prefer realistic ones, but with maps like that I just pretend I'm on Vulcan...because I am massive nerd.

EDIT: Check out this wierd mountain, that flat edge aint a bug or unloaded terrain like I thought it was at first. I used the seed "Rosie" for this one...I like to try girls names for my seeds before decending into rude words and random numbers.
Attached images
wierd mountain.jpg
I really like the new Crevasse terrain feature.

After a few rubbish maps with no caves, I tried one and was spat out of the spawn in a really flat, boring land (I thought) with just low hills, desert and a few trees. I luckily found a bit of coal and iron in a really shallow cave near the surface so was able to make a sword at least, so I went off and explored a bit. I was about to quit and start again as there wasn't really anything interesting on the surface at all, when I stumbled upon a HUGE crag cut into the surface about half a mile long underground. It's about 60 blocks deep and really, really impressive, and I've found loads of caves heading off from it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22129898/Minecraft/crag1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22129898/Minecraft/crag2.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22129898/Minecraft/crag3.png
For anyone who hasn't come across a village yet, try blancmange as your seed - there's a village visible from spawn, if you gain a little height you'll see it.
Just a little update on my latest seed find

I have a house, middle island is loaded with trees I have been planting and cutting down; I have a self preservation farm next to my house (like the village farms) just so I do have backup food.

Made it to the big island to the east to get some meat and some wool for a bed; got there at night and got killed by a stupid bones arrows. I need one more string to make a bow, but I tell you what, it is quite fun.

The island off to the west is LOADED I mean LOADED with coal and iron, which is all accessible from the surface, as there is a water fail which leads into a little cutout area (which be careful I had a bones in there tried to kill me) so I loaded up on coal and iron and got some armor and stuff, but yeah, this is an awesome little island map.
Quote from XCNuse :First map I spawned on was a damn island; I wish I realized the value of it before I deleted it, but I turned around, and this island was literally the size of my bedroom; it had two trees, and you couldn't walk for more than 3 seconds in any direction until you hit ocean.

Second map was lost in a forest
third .. swamp
fourth swamp
fifth forest
sixth .. swamp forest with a river
seventh.. ****ing forest.

Nevermind, could be worse...:

Quote from Uke :So, this is where I spawned ;S

Seed - Gizmoto.

Village directly at spawn!
Quote from thisnameistaken :For anyone who hasn't come across a village yet, try blancmange as your seed - there's a village visible from spawn, if you gain a little height you'll see it.

This is actually a pretty good map. There's a hole in the middle of the village that goes on for miles in several directions, there's also a skeleton spawner not far inside.
@speed HAH! That sucks.

Still having fun on my map finally, haven't traveled yet but found some awesome caves beneath my islands, came across a bundle of diamond.

Killed off all of the cows on the big island to the east though
Kept the pigs alive but all the cows are gone.. nooooooooo
new mobbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the Enderman will no longer steal blocks, thank god.. I had some destroy the hell out of my house! Annoying idiots...

Check this buddy out :P

Notch just tweeted about it this morning; he's a friendly mob, you build him
He throws snowballs at enemies, pushes snow around, and melts in hot biomes LOL!

I can't wait hahah
LOL.
No need to find a wolf to take to the colder biomes then, just make a snowman
ive updated the server...but i cant connect to MC anymore for a to me unknown reason.
so i cant test it myself.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :ive updated the server...but i cant connect to MC anymore for a to me unknown reason.
so i cant test it myself.

I wish we could make the world epic again, but not much people play anymore.

Anyone want to start some big project on boosted's server?
Do you have any ideas, Uke?

It's working, Boosted.
Quote from BlackEye :Do you have any ideas, Uke?

It's working, Boosted.

A huge dick made of obsidian.

Or maybe not.
Lets think it trough some more.
Make a 1 block thick roof on the top level of the map that covers most of the map so it is always dark because it blocks the sun.

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG