The online racing simulator
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Because of open configuration I guess?

You failed to understand I guess. If the new version knows who are in front or behind you, why not do the coloring of lapped drivers?
Quote from boothy : (though why wouldn't the lap ahead/behind work? :s)

Thanks, that was useful.

I've done the lap ahead and behind colours now as well.
Scawen, I know this is a strange request, but could you open source / give me the source code for the NSIS installer your using for LFS. I'd like to make some tweaks.
Quote from Scawen :I've implemented the race positions list (updated by split times) and the car colours on the small map (excluding the "lap behind" and "lap ahead" colours).

Does this apply to open configs only or is it going to work on any layout with checkpoints?
Is it possible to use overlook view on layout editor?

on z28 it was shift+tab but dont work now... f i remember right.
much easier to make raw layouts when looking from above.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, that was useful.

I've done the lap ahead and behind colours now as well.

Wow, fantastic! That will make the open layouts fully usable now...

Is that about it for the "quick" patch and ensuing hiccups? We really should let you get back to that tyre physics
(And hopefully you're feeling all refreshed after the change of scenery for a couple of weeks!)
Quote from Hypoe :Is it possible to use overlook view on layout editor?

You can look at the key shortcuts there... Hold Ctrl + up / down arrow to change height. Or you can use your mouse wheel.
Quote from Dygear :
Z30 runs on my system with 16X AA (Set within LFS) and 4X AF (Also set within LFS) at around 40 FPS average on Windows 7 Enterprise on Aston X with many, many objects.

Again, average does not count, neither the objects. It's about a start with a full grid. When it drops below 30 fps during the first lap you actually cannot race at all (40 fps is also lowish btw). But nobody seem to care so I'll stop being concerned about that.
Quote from Whiskey :You failed to understand I guess. If the new version knows who are in front or behind you, why not do the coloring of lapped drivers?

ummm? I just do not understand... can someone explain why need to have to color the lapped drivers indicators if we already have them? I did understand to me that boothy said there is no indicator in lapped drivers in open conf, and asking why, I just tried to give answer as simply as I tried, and I failed to understand?

Then please explain to me, I do not want to MISread tho
Great to see that your updating the stuff scawen
Quote from Flame CZE :Does this apply to open configs only or is it going to work on any layout with checkpoints?

That will now work with any layout where you have added checkpoints and you are using a standard start grid (not an autocross start position).

Quote from Hypoe :Is it possible to use overlook view on layout editor?

I answered someone else with a similar question here :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1584459#post1584459

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :ummm? I just do not understand... can someone explain why need to have to color the lapped drivers indicators if we already have them? I did understand to me that boothy said there is no indicator in lapped drivers in open conf, and asking why, I just tried to give answer as simply as I tried, and I failed to understand?

Then please explain to me, I do not want to MISread tho

I think I can help... Because I was implementing the race positions system (and car colours on the small map) for open configurations but I said the 1 lap ahead and 1 lap behind did not work. Boothy asked why that could not work (meaning, with my new fix for open configurations) and you answered "because of the open configurations". So that's why someone else said you didn't understand. :Eyecrazy:

Anyway it doesn't matter, the main thing is now we have race positions and coloured car arrows, but they only update when you pass splits, not instantly like the path based system.
Quote from cargame.nl :Again, average does not count, neither the objects. It's about a start with a full grid. When it drops below 30 fps during the first lap you actually cannot race at all (40 fps is also lowish btw). But nobody seem to care so I'll stop being concerned about that.

Give me a replay with a full grid, and I'll take a look from your spot and see what I get.

@Scawen: So, I take that no on the NSIS source, or did you just miss the post.
There's a 31 car grid on the previous page Dygear (where I got 20 fps live )
Dammit, i used all my unlocks on the MoE thing, any chance you can give me another one Scawen?
OK but that's the last one.

If people start using the test patch thread as technical support, I won't get any programming done. I'm trying to get a test patch out tomorrow.

At www.lfs.net there is a technical support email link.
Quote from Scawen :OK but that's the last one.

If people start using the test patch thread as technical support, I won't get any programming done. I'm trying to get a test patch out tomorrow.

Thank you, sorry to waste your time
Quote from Scawen :

I think I can help... Because I was implementing the race positions system (and car colours on the small map) for open configurations but I said the 1 lap ahead and 1 lap behind did not work. Boothy asked why that could not work (meaning, with my new fix for open configurations) and you answered "because of the open configurations". So that's why someone else said you didn't understand. :Eyecrazy:

Anyway it doesn't matter, the main thing is now we have race positions and coloured car arrows, but they only update when you pass splits, not instantly like the path based system.

oh, right! I did 100% now thanks!

I just one second ago got a question:

When in /cruise=yes, is it able to also remove the pitspeed? or, it would be like command /pitpen=no /pitpen=30 /pitpen=45 /pitpen=def
/pitpen=dt /pitpen=stg /pitpen=spec

OR... is there already that command?

Yes I know, Racing Sim, needs to be realistic, but when just a cruising day, do we really need penalty?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :When in /cruise=yes, is it able to also remove the pitspeed?

Does it need to be completely removed when /cruise=yes? Maybe as a host option, so those who don't need it would set their servers accordingly.
Quote from Silverracer :Does it need to be completely removed when /cruise=yes? Maybe as a host option, so those who don't need it would set their servers accordingly.

no matter how, but I just noticed that it is actually pretty annoying when just cruising in open configuration track
30 seconds penalty
45 seconds penalty

altough if admin, it can be removed, but still... Im also suggesting to have more options though, even many wants to use /pitpen=def, but someone would use in public server /pitpen=spec. It would decrease the people who just only gives a poo for server rules or pitspeed limits

EDIT: YES! host option of course and only! as server rules are server rules, but as we have one our server, I would like to disable them, and enable them when racing.

EDIT2: no need to be as putted in /cruise=yes, but might use /cruise=full. So, no penalties anywhere, at all
Not sure if this is in the correct place, but it IS regarding Z30 and the barriere update.

With the new barrieres I kinda feal the cars is to solid?
When hitting a barriere @ 50-100km/h, it should not be drivable should it?

Damanges should come more easily, and making the cars "softer" would fix it in some extend I think...

Thank you for your work so far scawen, looking forward to the next test-patch
Quote from Scawen :OK but that's the last one.

oops, sorry to waste your time, wasn't meant to delay test patch
Quote from Dygear :@Scawen: So, I take that no on the NSIS source, or did you just miss the post.

I wrote the installer script, so Scawen doesn't know much about it.
What would you want to change / tweak?

(maybe better pm me)
Z31 - some updates and fixes
Instead of waiting until tomorrow, I thought you might like to try these useful updates.

Many translation files have been updated
Connection list is now visible in SHIFT+U mode
Skid marks are now visible on open configurations
Multiplayer : Cars driving far out of bounds are spectated
Race positions list / map car colours now work on open configs
InSim : IS_BTN did not allow documented limit of 240 characters
FIX : False collisions that showed up near pit lanes at Fern Bay

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74012

NOTE :
I have not yet tried to do anything about missing barriers or ground without physics enabled.
I still intend to look at some of those issues but this is an intermediate update.
I love you.
I love you.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG