The online racing simulator
Quote from DjOutfit :I keep crashing when i enter a server (the X tracks).

That's to be expected until you learn the new configurations.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That's to be expected until you learn the new configurations.

I ment like it just shuts down on me when i get in.:Kick_Can_
Quote from Inouva :@wolf no

Must be a problem on your pc

With my pentiun 4 ( Socket 478 ) 3.2ghz HT, 1.5gb ram ddr1 and a hd2600 pro
in open track ( like aston ) in a cruise server with 32 cars all over the place and more that 600 objects i have from 30 to 60 fps on 1024x768 with 6x AA and 16x AF with all the LoD to max

The only place i have "low" fps is on south city at the start that the fps drops from 60 to 20 ( In the start, then it rise again to 50-60 fps stables )

Your not running 1x FULL HD monitor and 2x 1280x1024 montiors...You also dont have a DUAL CORE processor, you dont have DDR2 ram, you dont run high settings (Highish/Medium)

Basically YOUR PC STINKS (being polite and honest) If you were to put 2 GPU's in it, grab one FULL HD monitor and 2 other crap boxes, put em on their and also run softth and see what FPS you get.

Im pretty sure your PC would crash and blow up because its too much for it.

There is nothing wrong with his PC, its more related to the software used to run his monitor's and his GPU's getting hot.

On my own note.

I run:-
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.60 Ghz
(Cant remember its E####, sorry)

EVGA 450GTS 1gb GDDR5

2GB Ram

500GB HD

1x 32" Monitor OR 1x 26" Monitor
(Both use 1280x1024)

My max FPS on an open layout can reach 230 on MAX settings (Like +Mirror for all the options max AA ect ect, HD Resolutions for Skins/dds files) my lowest can get to 46FPS when drifting and have alot of smoke

These FPS readings are from Open Config Layouts (X and Y)

Im unsure why LFS couldn't have a option to have the tracks fully loaded instead of loading the section your driving on (Like loading parts of the track as your driving along)

Very nice updating tho, Im in love with the X and Y tracks
Quote from lazer21 :
Basically YOUR PC STINKS (being polite and honest)

We are not all PC nerds buying DUAL CORE processors and DUAL GPU'S all the time.

Actually the majority is still using a moderate or even underpowered machine. Why do you think cruise servers are that popular?

You are not polite by the way. You are acting like a spoiled arrogant person. (I try to avoid the word kid but it's difficult :schwitz

Hell, part of the community don't even know what FPS is and with it means if it gets too low.
Quote from lazer21 :bla bla bla i'm awesome

So, my pc "STINK'S"? ok gona keep my crapbox of fun and keep kicking little ass ( Like your's ) on the track

Sorry Mr.BIG-e-penis...
I understand that most people who play LFS have underpowered computer. My computer is underpowered if you ask me.

I do need a Dual Core machine, I will get Dual GPU config when I get Multi-Monitors.

Actually, on TC City Driving, There are many people with High End Rigs, because they use them for many other high performance games like myself.

Maybe his computer suits what he needs, but there is nothing wrong with wolf's computer. Its just lagging with SoftTH software.

Inouva, you computer does kinda suck IMHO, that is only an OPINION im not saying it doesn't suck for his needs. Thats just my opinion.

Anywho, It seems that LFS Devs have decreased LFS CPU usage alot, so im unsure what the relevance of the CPU would be. (To me anyway, im only getting about 32% max LFS usage on my first core). Im sure wolf will have a fair bit more usage unlike me.

Im just wondering wolf, whats the physical state of the 2nd GPU? Im kinda wondering if the first 200 series has dumped a hell of a load on the 2nd card which is slowing it? Jus throwing it out there.
She overspent on her stove, so she couldn't upgrade the computer.

Don't worry.
Quote from Hallen :When a layout is assigned to an open configuration, the number of laps seem to be controlled by the layout file settings. The laps can't be changed in the race settings screen. Is there a way around this limitation? I don't run a server, so maybe this is something that has been figured out a long time ago.

Change the laps manually if you are admin?

/laps #

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I raised this point (autocross start lights have a fixed delay) a long time ago, in the bugs section I think, and was told by an admin (or it might have been Victor) that it was designed that way on purpose because you're racing against the clock (or something along those lines).

Have two options, since I understand the meaning of having a fixed delay for autocross style events.

/sl 1 (Same)
/sl 2 (random)

Best of both worlds IMO.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :She overspent on her stove, so she couldn't upgrade the computer.

Don't worry.

Haha, thats where she belongs! In the kitchen!
You know what. If you cant read that it is MY OPINION, its not fact I have no data to gather that from. It is strictly MY OPINION, and if you cant understand that then go cry in the naughty corner...
Quote from lazer21 :I understand that most people who play LFS have underpowered computer. My computer is underpowered if you ask me.

I do need a Dual Core machine, I will get Dual GPU config when I get Multi-Monitors.

Actually, on TC City Driving, There are many people with High End Rigs, because they use them for many other high performance games like myself.

Maybe his computer suits what he needs, but there is nothing wrong with wolf's computer. Its just lagging with SoftTH software.

Inouva, you computer does kinda suck IMHO, that is only an OPINION im not saying it doesn't suck for his needs. Thats just my opinion.

Anywho, It seems that LFS Devs have decreased LFS CPU usage alot, so im unsure what the relevance of the CPU would be. (To me anyway, im only getting about 32% max LFS usage on my first core). Im sure wolf will have a fair bit more usage unlike me.

Im just wondering wolf, whats the physical state of the 2nd GPU? Im kinda wondering if the first 200 series has dumped a hell of a load on the 2nd card which is slowing it? Jus throwing it out there.

Quote from lazer21 :Haha, thats where she belongs! In the kitchen!

Was cool read your post till you fall to the same level of dawesdust_12, i must presume you are like him, big mouth over internet/lfs forum and a crap driver on lfs ( dawesdust_12 is proof of this...)
So your a girl now? Nice to know, otherwise I was not talking to you I was simply making a joke back to him...

Sorry you miss understood. My bad
I can drive in LFS. You just caught me in the first time I've fired in over a year.. without any setups and my G25 wasn't working right.
Can I ask something?

Can we please STOP arguing over it?
Quote from lazer21 :

I have about 55% on CPU1, and 45% on CPU2(on lfs load)
Loaded textures: 700-800MB(from graphichs menu in lfs while in a replay)

By the looks of things, not much gpu load on my GTX260(14%), and not much on my GeForce 6200(27%)

No wonder if I have low fps if my gpu's are just ideling, and not taking much load

Tnx for making me investigate Knight

Btw:
Be more polite in your answers, don't wanna sound like a brat do we?
And LOL at you sig
I know you would

<3 being a brat :P

Nope was just a thought I had that i may be dumping heaps on the 6200 :P

You should try a stress test see whats happening, research SoftTH lag.
Could it also be RAM? Since your running alot of programs on you PC, im just wondering if some parts of your RAM may be damaged or something?

Im just tossing up suggestions here
Quote from lazer21 :
You should try a stress test see whats happening, research SoftTH lag.
Could it also be RAM? Since your running alot of programs on you PC, im just wondering if some parts of your RAM may be damaged or something?

Im just tossing up suggestions here

My RAM is good enough for huge rendering projects in vegas aso(HD), I had improvements in about every software(exept lfs) when I doubled my ram :P

What kind of stress test?
I belive my main problem is that my gpu's is half asleep when I play
imo a game should draw every bit of the gpu performance avaliable to get as good gaming performance avaliable...

Unsure if LFS is designed to just use 1/4 of the hardware avaliable, or if I'm the only one?
While we are on the subject of FPS ...

I just built a Sandy Bridge system using a i3-2100T & 4GB of RAM on a ASUS H67 Mother Board. Z30 runs on my system with 16X AA (Set within LFS) and 4X AF (Also set within LFS) at around 40 FPS average on Windows 7 Enterprise on Aston X with many, many objects. So really, there is no reason I can see that the rest of your computers can't keep us as this is using the iGPU built into the Core i3-2100T. (Yes, that's right, I don't have a discreet GPU, I'm getting 40FPS MINIMUM with the lowest end Sandy Bridge @ 35W TDP!) Granted this is a single monitor running at 1024x768, but still!

--

Funny story. This is my first time using Windows 7, I've never used Windows Vista and so I am not used the the quirks of the system. As I reported I was playing LFS on my new Sandy Bridge on S2 content servers as I had unlocked my account. Well, as I had installed LFS into my Program Files (x86) directory it requires that you run as administrator in order to save the unlocked state. How insane is that? Also, if you don't run as administrator you get a black screen on start up! That's just silly!

--

Even more EPIC news. While running LFS the CPU (& iGPU) gets to ... 95°F or 35°C, while the mother board gets to 87.8°F or 31.0°C. This is while the cooling setting is set to Silent, and even when I'm gaming in LFS the system remains silent AND cool. This is a great little chip!
Quote from Gustavogr :...but when i unlock lfs S2 he says , unlocks of this week blabla.
I not unlock LFS S2 in last 3 months.
I thank you your cooperation. Regards!

I have added another one for you.

Quote from Hallen :When a layout is assigned to an open configuration, the number of laps seem to be controlled by the layout file settings. The laps can't be changed in the race settings screen. Is there a way around this limitation? I don't run a server, so maybe this is something that has been figured out a long time ago.

That should only happen if a single autocross start position is placed.
Quote from Dygear :
Funny story. This is my first time using Windows 7, I've never used Windows Vista and so I am not used the the quirks of the system. As I reported I was playing LFS on my new Sandy Bridge on S2 content servers as I had unlocked my account. Well, as I had installed LFS into my Program Files (x86) directory it requires that you run as administrator in order to save the unlocked state. How insane is that? Also, if you don't run as administrator you get a black screen on start up! That's just silly!

That is down to rights management in windows (Vista & 7). Normally a user has no right to write in the program folders, that's why you need admin rights to use lfs as it writes lots of stuff in text files there and not in the user specific folders. If you install in a different Folder (like C:\Games) you don't need admin rights to use lfs.

Maybe this should be added as install notice?
Quote from three_jump :That is down to rights management in windows (Vista & 7). Normally a user has no right to write in the program folders, that's why you need admin rights to use lfs as it writes lots of stuff in text files there and not in the user specific folders. If you install in a different Folder (like C:\Games) you don't need admin rights to use lfs.

Maybe this should be added as install notice?

I thought this was brought up when the installer was created, and C:\LFS is the default path for this very reason.
Does anyone have an MPR of a *race* on an open configuration (or autocross) with more than 5 cars or so and more than one lap?

I've implemented the race positions list (updated by split times) and the car colours on the small map (excluding the "lap behind" and "lap ahead" colours).

An MPR of a real race would be useful for me to test it more thoroughly.
-
(K0Z3L_43V3R) DELETED by K0Z3L_43V3R
Quote from boothy : (though why wouldn't the lap ahead/behind work? :s)

Because of open configuration I guess?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG