The online racing simulator
Quote from three_jump :Well, it's not like that the original Tron had a great story, but it was enjoyable and served it's purpose.

I'm really looking forward to see the visuals in all their glory and hear how the DP score fits in (I suspect epicly).

The original TRON came about at the perfect time- when the culture was much more naive about computers. It was easier to sell the imaginative idea of little people running around inside machines and carryng out programs. These days- a good 'computer graphics' type of movie might be better suited to something like a movie adaption of Verner Vinge's 'Rainbows End', a novel about the evolution of the internet and augmented reality technologies. Actually, Scott Pilgrim is a very cartoony realisation of those ideas.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Flushed Away

Brilliant movie, loved it.

Ah yeah, I like that movie aswell

I watched the "Back to Future" trilogy recently, old but never get enough :P

Yesterday I watched "Spies like us" with Chevy Chase and right before I fell asleep i watched "Finding Nemo"

Last weekend I watched "Fletch" and "Fletch Lives" also with Chevy Chase.
Tuesday night I had a go at "Shrek forever after", it wasn't any good imo.
Up

Another pixar classic.
Quote from Woz :Up

Another pixar classic.

Another pixar classic I love is Wall-E...just brilliant.
RED: Lots of fun, a bit too self-aware, but whatever. Served its purpose.
Unstoppable: Hilariously over the top, also lots of fun. Denzel is always great.
lol, when Deadwolf recommends a film i never know where the tittle ends and where his comments about the film starts

I would go to IMDB and type "RED: Lots of fun"
What did you think of Carlos? I got the full version the other day, but haven't watched yet.
HEAT
Awesome movie, its kinda old, but I love it.
Human Trafficking.
Ast the title says, it's about the business of slavery, using russian girls as a subject here. Horrible topic, but a great film.. IMO.
Just got home from 127 Hours.

Uhm, a hard movie to talk about. Its good, but not as good as some reviewers/critics have made it out to be.

James Franco was excellent though. Solid acting and the overall expression of the different emotions was top notch.

About the amputation part... Its not that bad. It is very well thought out and executed. You only get quick snippets of it and dont really get to see the actual amputation for more than 5 seconds without jumping to another camera angle. I think what does make it hard to watch is the brilliant expression of pain and suffering from James. The part where he had to cut the nerve really does send shivers down your spine.

Anyway, overall its a good movie. Not excellent, but definitely not shit... The moral if you would is also a very nice addition. Certainly makes you think...
Thanks for the spoiler.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :What did you think of Carlos? I got the full version the other day, but haven't watched yet.

I felt a bit let down by it in comparison to the rave review that got me interested in it. I don't know how much of that was down to me seeing a much shorter version. I still thought it was very good (worth recommending) but maybe I'll need to see the full version to get everything from it.
Quote from de Souza :Thanks for the spoiler.

Ha. No problems.

The book and the story has been out there for more than 6 years now. Not only that, but the amputation has been talked about on every show that the movie was featured on, including Top Gear. And dont forget all the newspapers and critics....

Saying I spoiled this is like saying my history teacher spoiled the WW2 ending for me or something crazy like that.
Well you are assuming I wanted to know what happens in the movie before I see it because you knew what happened before you saw it.

But don't worry, not complaining or anything, just a "please don't do that again". I probably won't even watch it.
i think its fair to assume that eveyone here has seen a 3ish week old top gear episode in which they talked about the movies climax being that he cuts his arm off
Just saw 127 hours. amazing didn't expect anything less from Danny.
The green hornet, Very funny!

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG