The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I wouldn't get too excited.

Early word is insanely negative, and given the quality of acting/writing on display in the trailer it's not too surprising.

Also, I've heard the twist and it's by far his most retarded to date.

I won't take onboard any of the negative, simply because people seem to think it's cool to bust down night's films , bottomline, I love em, "Signs" was an outstanding film IMO, and I really enjoyed "The Village" too.
Please tell me you at least thought Lady in the Water was garbage.

For what it's worth I thought Sixth Sense and Unbreakable (particularly the latter) were very good films. He's been on a downhill slide ever since (propelled mostly by the force of gravity working on his enormous ego, I think).
Never seen Lady in the water, for some reason.........
Might want to keep it that way, for the sake of your fandom.
Quote :Never seen Lady in the water

Worst. Movie. Ever.
a good one is next i think it is on sky at the moment.
Hehe, we watched Signs here last night. I love how the wife's dying words 'swing away' were actually meant as a mysterious commandment for Mels brother to club an alien to death with a baseball bat!?

And on the TV, just before the alien turns up... 'In the Middle East, they've apparently found a way to defeat the aliens using primitive methods, but we can't go into details at present'. Shouldn't they have just said, 'Throw water on the bastards!!!' ???

Some movies...

(imo)
Watched Snatch yesterday.

Vinny: Why are we stopped here? What's wrong with that spot?
Tyrone: It's too tight.
Vinny: Too tight? You could land a jumbo fu**ing jet in there.
Watched Event Horizon yesterday. A decent horror movie.
Just seen Freebird..the story of 3 ageing bikers that spend most of the movie stoned out of their gourds on cloud 49 and get caught up in a massive gang war while trying to make a big score on some grass...funny as fsck!
Think it might have taken some ideas from Road Hogs...but it delivers the story much better!
Maybe I enjoyed it because I can directly relate to the characters....
Ahh, yes, I have heard about freebird....might have to track that one down.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Another really good one I saw recently, and the only decent Norwegian film to make it into international waters in recent years (though Svidd Neger was pretty good):

Reprise
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0827517/

Didn't even know about this film. Thanks for the tip.

Quote :edit: lol @ the plot keywords for Svidd Neger: "Violence | Reindeer | Nudity | Mushroom | Masturbation"

Hehe, this movie is... just... weird.
Haven't had a massive amount of time to see films lately, but i have seen a couple.

The Mist was actually pretty good, if a bit silly, effects were quite nice, atmosphere was quite good too, ending was a bit depressing, but overly a decent film

In Bruges Bloody brilliant film, my missus didn't quite get the black humour, but I thought it was brilliant, brilliant dialouge, great characters, and so un-pc

Eastern Promises Not a bad film, but I was expecting more, it felt a bit forced and contrived, the story was a bit dodgy and unbelievable, although hamster face is a fairly good actress, I thought the "twist" at the end was an after thought and not very convincing, oh, and did we REALLY need to see Viggo's "doodle" wanging around the place
Quote from unseen :Dead Man`s Shoes - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/ - One of the finest films I`ve ever seen. Best not to read much about it and I`m not going to give anything away, but as long as you don`t mind some very heavy english accents, it`s an absolute stunner.

Gotta second that. After watching it a few weeks back it definately got in my top 10 films. If you haven't seen it, go see it. Now.
Teeth is a sort of a good film and found it funny more then anything, good watch though only really gets good towards the end, I am soon to watch wanted, looks a very good film and also has a very good looking actress in it Angelina Jolie.
I'm going to get slated for this, but I watched 'Hancock' the other day and really enjoyed it

Although I thought it ended a bit abruptly.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm going to get slated for this, but I watched 'Hancock' the other day and really enjoyed it

Although I thought it ended a bit abruptly.

Yeah, I watched it last night and found it quite enjoyable. Not quite as good as the hype had made me think, but worth watching.
Hancock even though im not a fan of will smith
Quote from Rdcranno :Hancock even though im not a fan of will smith

I mean, come on! Is anyone REALLY a fan of Will Smith?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :btw, anyone who really enjoyed the mindbending time travel aspect of Donnie Darko should ABSOLUTELY give a little movie called Primer a look. Best sci-fi film to come out in ages, and it was made for $7,000.

Great film , quite difficult to follow.
Donnie Darko for me is the benchmark film of the last decade imo.

Quote from Paranoid Android :In bruges is very good! Been a long time I've enjoyed every line of the dialogue in a movie!

Great Choice of actors for that film, good chemistry and great story.

Quote from Eldanor :"The man from Earth"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Simply amazing.

Agreed, If you have not seen this film then your missing one of the best films of recent times. If you like to think about what you see.

One film that sticks in mind of recent and again is quite focussed on dialouge and reality, is waiter or ober
I know this thread is for recommendations, but one to steer clear of, "The Happening" Great build up to the release of the film, but it was truly awfull.... It was compared to the film earlier mention "The Mist" and is quite similar but even more pash. Mark Wahlberg's film are usually well worth the watch but this film made him look terrible.

Teeth, well, a film you gotta see and if you can laugh at those sort of things then it's worth a watch....

The Hancock trailer was on in the cinema when we went to see the Happening and it looked rather hularious, from the ratings it's getting it seems like we're actually getting a good film to watch...

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG