Quote from Intrepid :Cinemas really should have a piss break

They have here in Belgium 15 minutes in the middle of the movie.
Dredd kinda ruled.
TV series (but there's also a film so I can recommend): Twin Peaks
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098936/

10/10 with me.

I remember when I was a child, my parents were watching it on TV, I was maybe 5-6 years old. It was broadcasted sometime at midnight and my parents were recording it on VHS. Unfortunately, during the last episode being aired power outage happend, so they never finished it.

I got back to it about a year or two ago but found this terrible scene version I couldn't find any subtitles to.
Last week I finally found HD version with good English subtitles and I just love this series.
Django Unchained That's how you make an oldschool movie entertainment, Tarantino, you glorious basterd.
Event Horizon

Went to watch it as Dead Space fan and was pleasantly surprised.
I don't know why, but I decided to watch a thing called Six String Samurai today. The movie is really cheap, but the weird story, funny enemies and awesome soundtrack made up for it. Seriously, watching this movie was great fun. Well, the end sucked for me personally, but it's still a great movie. I can't believe I didn't see it before.
Quote from Kid222 :Event Horizon

Went to watch it as Dead Space fan and was pleasantly surprised.

Funny. I found a reference to this film in some Reddit thread just two days ago as a good film. 4/10 for me.
swampshark. best.movie.in.the.universe.
Skyfall
Fargo - *yawn* ..dunno what people see so good on that.
Looper - Started good got progressively duller.
The Imposter: A-
Premium Rush: B+ (hilariously goofy; never seen anybody chew up as much scenery as Michael Shannon does in this)
Seven Psychopaths: B
Oslo, 31. August: A
Girlfriend dragged me to see The Impossible last night. Glad that she did. Amazing movie. Half of the cinema was sobbing and I am not ashamed to say that one specific part also got me close to the edge.

Definitely worth watching.
Magic Mike: A- (hilarious, surprisingly well acted)
Killer Joe: A (dark, twisted)
The Man From Nowhere: B- (tries a bit too hard, but pretty entertaining)
Norwegian Wood: C+ (not as good as the book, still sufficiently atmospheric)
Quote from Kid222 :Fargo - *yawn* ..dunno what people see so good on that.

+1. Seen maybe up to 10 films this year but this one was the biggest disappointment.

edit: sorry I read "Argo". I'm talking about Argo. Argo...

Fargo was good.
A few from me:

I had a go at Scarface, but didn't find it as good as I wanted it to be. Still good, though.

Dredd was kind of fun, even if "more of the same".

Intouchables was incredible, highly recommended.
The Master - I hadn't really been paying attention to Mr Phoenix, sort of considered him a boring/unconvincing actor having seen him in 2-3 films in the past, but he actually delivers some good stuff in this one.
Dredd was good fun! Was shorter than what I expected, and wish they would tell more about the back story of the "old world" and such, but I guess it was not time for it. Either way, good fun!
Not a film, but a TV mini series from Charlie Brooker.

Black Mirror

The first season/series is only 3 episodes, and the second series just started couple days ago.

Seriously amazing.
Winning of "Argo" is proof academy's not rating films, it's trying to force opinions. Not a single sane person of film critics and experts can name Argo as the best film there is in 2012. The film was terrible, it was absolutely predictable (I didn't know the story before I saw the film) amateurish with horrible Affleck's acting.

The Hurt Locker won the same way few years ago, altho it was much better than Argo. Surprise "Zero Dark Thirty" didn't win "The best film there will ever be in entire universe".
Zero Dark Thirty even getting nominated was a disgrace for me...

I'm surprised Life Of Pi didn't get 24 Oscars with how they started..

Btw, how do they do those kind of things, with Ted on the stage for example?
I watched 85th Oscars this night. Damn what a long night it was.. I even almost felt asleep at some stages. Ok... So, speaking about the winners, I am extremely happy for Life Of Pi winning oscar in Cinematography and Original Score nomination. That decision made by academic movie critics was really great. Also, I was really happy to see Christopher Waltz winning Best Supporting Actor, 'cos let's face it - he blew all his opponents far away. He is an extreme talent as Daniel Day-Lewis is which won fairly (I would have been happy for Denzel Washington as well). Although, I was not satisfied with nomination Best Original Song. Adele is on the wave, so the formula is simple: she takes everything, 'cos of her status. It's not FAIR. Just listen to the composition of "Pi's Lullaby" from Life of Pi. Such a greatness. How did such a song not win? Unbelievable. Well, it's quite awkward to rate when I've not seen Lincoln yet. Well, I saw Argo and I don't agree it's the best movie this year. Even Life of Pi with its adapted screenplay is much more involving, interesting, so does Unchainned Django with an original screenplay is(happy for this film winning in Best Original Screenplay nomination). I am happy for Ang Lee winning Best Director nomination.
Quote from majod :Winning of "Argo" is proof academy's not rating films, it's trying to force opinions. Not a single sane person of film critics and experts can name Argo as the best film there is in 2012. The film was terrible, it was absolutely predictable (I didn't know the story before I saw the film) amateurish with horrible Affleck's acting.

The Hurt Locker won the same way few years ago, altho it was much better than Argo. Surprise "Zero Dark Thirty" didn't win "The best film there will ever be in entire universe".

Argo was fine. I didn't think it was the best of the year by any stretch, but among those nominated it was certainly one of the best. Zero Dark Thirty, too.

The Master wasn't nominated, but it probably should have won. Phoenix certainly should have won Best Actor, and possible PSH for supporting actor.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG