The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Bulls*it.. it's a pretty good film

Apart from made up facts, and interchanging accents between the main characters (one minuter their German, next speaking in broad American and British accents) and everything blown out of proportion for generation Y to understand...please. Some of us have intelligence and the movie skull-f****d it.

Quote from The Moose :What the hell? How can you hate Michael Mann? He directed two awesome movies, Heat and The Insider, along with some other really good films , Manhunter,The Last Of The Mohicans,Public Enemies. Even Collateral and Ali were fairly good.

Two words - Miami Vice

How can he take Jamie Foxx from Oscar winner to a bit of crap on the end of a shoe, but he found a way? Another 1980's memory ruined....You Bar-steward
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Two words - Miami Vice

How can he take Jamie Foxx from Oscar winner to a bit of crap on the end of a shoe, but he found a way? Another 1980's memory ruined....You Bar-steward

Haha, I'm with you on that one...though i think all directors can be forgiven for one complete stinker
Good god, Miami vice was TERRIBLE.
I didnt even finish watching it, completely piece of crap.

That, and alone in the dark, are the worst movies EVER.

On the other hand and on a positive note, I watched Big Fish last weekend and I really enjoyed it, again 9/10
I watched law abiding citizen. Great movie IMO.

IMDB
Quote from The Moose :Haha, I'm with you on that one...though i think all directors can be forgiven for one complete stinker

Nope...I'm Scottish and we are known for holding grudges on people who have wronged us. Hence Mann is in my list, along with oh so many others.
A Beautifull Mind
I’m not much of a drama fan, but if you appreciate quality movies then you shouldnt miss this one. Russell Crowe is one of the best actors out there, and the film itself is astonishing, Nash the character role played by Crow got diagnose with visual schizophrenia. For me its story of fighting back and regaining what’s lost, or what’s left of it.

I partly agree with you - crap film, but freaking epic sound!

Ok, on the serious note - Die Welle (The Wave, 2008). Great film from school surroundings, a teacher who learns about anarchy etc. with let's say a little bit too formal relationship to his students, creating his own 'extremist' group called The Wave.

He noticed too late that he made a mistake and a lot of students took it seriously - in the end 2 students killed and many injured. Imo great thriller and I would easily say that this can be based on real life as well.
I thought Avatar was great, don't see how there isn't a story, guess people just try to hard to find flaws in good movies.
Quote from SidiousX :guess people just try to hard to find flaws in good movies.

True that.. guess they feel special that way and above 'ordinary' people..
Quote from Boris Lozac :True that.. guess they feel special that way and above 'ordinary' people..

That's right.
Quote from Mysho :

Ok, on the serious note - Die Welle (The Wave, 2008). Great film from school surroundings, a teacher who learns about anarchy etc. with let's say a little bit too formal relationship to his students, creating his own 'extremist' group called The Wave.

Thanks for that..looks interesting. I'll watch it tonight.

Quote from SidiousX :I thought Avatar was great, don't see how there isn't a story, guess people just try to hard to find flaws in good movies.

Ohh, there is a story alright. It's called Dances With Wolves
Quote from Mysho :Great film from school surroundings, a teacher who learns about fascism etc. with let's say a little bit too formal relationship to his students, creating his own 'extremist' group called The Wave.

Slight correction in your quote...

It's based on the short story by Todd Strasser which itself is based on the experiment the high school teacher Ron Jones conducted in the 60ies (which didn't end in murder though)... I believe Mr. Jones is even featured in the extras...
Quote from bbman :
It's based on the short story by Todd Strasser which itself is based on the experiment the high school teacher Ron Jones conducted in the 60ies (which didn't end in murder though)

Enough of the spoilers, thanks!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Third – The Day The Earth Stood Still (remake) – Keaunu Reeves....remake...AVOID. Score Banana out of 10. That's right a Banana, can't even give it a proper score. Watch the 1951 original instead.

Yeah, I fell asleep.

Still haven't convinced myself to sit through Valkyrie, though.

Miami Vice is a misunderstood piece of genius. I didn't like it the first time, either.
Quote from Mysho :Ok, on the serious note - Die Welle (The Wave, 2008)...

Look out for "Der freie Wille" "The Free Will"

Another one with Juergen Vogel. IMO one of his best movies. Good story, no eyecandy, lot´s of drama, several shocking/disturbing moments.

Warning: Don´t expect guts, headshots, silly explosions/stunts or any good/nice looking people in this movie.
Quote from bbman :Slight correction in your quote...

It's based on the short story by Todd Strasser which itself is based on the experiment the high school teacher Ron Jones conducted in the 60ies (which didn't end in murder though)... I believe Mr. Jones is even featured in the extras...

Yep, feel free to correct me as I was watching it in german as a part of my german education and to be really honest I was happy that I got the raw story. It's been a longer time so sorry for misunderstanding.

Void: Thanks for the tip, looks interesting. I like these types of movies.
Quote from Boris Lozac :True that.. guess they feel special that way and above 'ordinary' people..

so basically anyone who doesnt agree with your choice in movies is an arrogant twat?
nice... i wonder who of us here is full of himself
Quote from SidiousX :I thought Avatar was great, don't see how there isn't a story, guess people just try to hard to find flaws in good movies.

The problem with Avatar was that the pre-media spin blew it out of proportion, along with the 3D gimmick (seriously hope this does not take off as I always seem to suffer a headache afterwards). If you were to watch the film in standard 2D, you'll find that Avatar is nothing great, definitely not what some have built it up to be. Don't get me wrong, it's not the worst film by a long stretch of the imagination, it's just another average run of the mill movie full of special effects but when stripped bare there's little substance to back it up.
Quote from The Moose :I hope you mean the original and not the shitty remake.

Is there an original one? I watched the new one and I found it kinda cool.

Edit: Downloading the one form 1974, I didn't know about it
Quote from SidiousX :I thought (insert title here) was great, don't see how there isn't a story, guess people just try to hard to find flaws in good movies.

After 35 years of watching movies I expect some "basic" quality/entertainment for my money thats all.
My first movie was "Bernhard & Bianca" back in christmas middle 70´s, the last one was "Avatar (3d)" four days ago...

I don´t care about gfx/eyecandy (cant beat my imagination)... It´s all about story, characters, scripts...
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The problem with Avatar was that the pre-media spin blew it out of proportion, along with the 3D gimmick (seriously hope this does not take off as I always seem to suffer a headache afterwards). If you were to watch the film in standard 2D, you'll find that Avatar is nothing great, definitely not what some have built it up to be. Don't get me wrong, it's not the worst film by a long stretch of the imagination, it's just another average run of the mill movie full of special effects but when stripped bare there's little substance to back it up.

Absolutely spot on.

Quote from VoiD :I don´t care about gfx/eyecandy (cant beat my imagination)... It´s all about story, characters, scripts...

..and this

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG