The online racing simulator
Paranormal Activity 1-2
Saw 1-7
Get him to the Greek
Due Date.
Inception (2010 movie)
I just watched it for the first time last night, and enjoyed is thoroughly. I didn't find it confusing at all like my friend who watched it with me did, but I do have a rather creative mind. Just wondering how many others have seen it and what they thought about it.

It's my fav. movie of 2010 of the ones that I've seen as yet.
:munching_
When that is said, the film is bloody awesome!
Have watched it twice allready
Didn't notice that thread even though I did look for one.. I must be blind. Sorry about that guys.

It was productive use of time for me because afterwards I finally figured out how to slove an issue in my fantasy novel (I had a major paradox in my system of warfare, and one of the things in the movie I modified to apply to my novel).

Was anybody confused by it? I'm just courious.
I did not get confused, but I really had to focus to understand what was going on. A lot of people did not understand it tho.
I just find it needlessly complicated, they went into what....5 level of dreams just to utilize that "every level time slows down by 20 times" concept, and it wasn't a very interesting concept to me either.

The only good bit was the opening when you have no idea what is real and what is not, however once they explained everything, it's very expected. Wife comes back to haunt him, complicates the crucial part of the mission and everything.

and oh how they had to create drama by saying they didn't know one of their team member has been trained against someone else entering his dream, surely they should knew that or he would have mentioned it?
I could see where they could have. As I said, I have a rather creative mind, and I didn't find it too difficult. The basic principal of it was simple, but once you got into the quadrupple tier dreaming, and fact that time was .01 the normal speed for each level down. I could see how one could be lost.

To reply to the new post (which was posted while I type this one): The guy with the training was they man they were trying to "Incept". His mind populated the dream that they were in, and the girl created the setting. He wasn't on the team.
Quote from JJ72 :I just find it needlessly complicated, they went into what....5 level of dreams just to utilize that "every level time slows down by 20 times" concept, and it wasn't a very interesting concept to me either.

The only good bit was the opening when you have no idea what is real and what is not, however once they explained everything, it's very expected. Wife comes back to haunt him, complicates the crucial part of the mission and everything.

and oh how they had to create drama by saying they didn't know one of their team member has been trained against someone else entering his dream, surely they should knew that or he would have mentioned it?

I actually have a quite oposit way looking on this

For me it was a a non-stop heart-beatin drama/action for the last hour, that kept you glued to the chair. Even if the plot might not have been that groundbreaking and predicable, it still did it's work to charm me with effects, both in pictures and music terms. The actor work were great aswell.

For me the wife thing was great, and it gave dept to the history. When it were revelaed what kind of inception he had done I was like... woooah holy shit man that's some deep shit.

I enjoyed the movie and will probally look it again, but I understand the opinions statet above.
I don't see how the movie can be confusing to anyone really... Sure, there are a lot of concepts in the film that you won't ordinarily see in other stories, but every concept is explained for ages before you see it; and then while you see it, and again after you've seen it. It's as if the entire movie is an explanation of itself, which gets rather old by the second hour.

The only way the story could be any clearer is if you watch it with a director's commentary or something.
What might be obvious to you might not be obvious for everyone
Quote from The Very End :What might be obvious to you might not be obvious for everyone

Yea, I AM pretty brilliant.

I loved the movie, and didn't find it confusing at all. I find the concept quite intriguing, too.
Meh this film was quite ok....but I enjoyed

Resident Evil: Afterlife (best film 2010 imo)

more than this one
It was alright. A disappointment after all the hype, though.

The ending was nearly identical to that of DiCaprio's other 2010 movie, which I thought was pretty amusing.

The "snow level" was retarded.
Yeah, I did think the snow level was out of place. I never heard the hype for it, I just saw the commercials and such and I figured it would be a bit like the Matrix (which I loved) so I decided I'd watch it once it came out for rent.
Quote from G!NhO :The green hornet, Very funny!

Second thaaat Also saw The Sucker Punch and battle:LA trailers in the previews for the 100th time. Looks even better than the other 99 times. March is a sweet month for movies let alone the first half of 2011
127 hours

I love Danny's films!

*SPOILER*

The part in the end when he calls those people for help, and that music when they finally turn around.. brilliant.
rubber was quite easily the best movie i watched all year
Quote from Timo1992 :Meh this film was quite ok....but I enjoyed

Resident Evil: Afterlife (best film 2010 imo)

more than this one

Oh no
Watched it, but not sure if I think it's was just "ok", or awfull.

The earlier Resident Evil movies were great.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG