The online racing simulator
Rust and Bone

Marion Cotillard naked!

Seriously, great movie. Nominated for Best Foreign Film at AA iirc.
Marion Cotillard was so hot in Taxi franchize, then they over-used her, she's like a female version of Jason Statham now..
Quote :Saw Flight
A lot of ruined potential, great start but then dragged on forever with no drama and useless characthers and scenes. Denzel awesome as always though..

I disagree. I went in thinking it was going to be a procedural about a plane crash but it was actually a very dramatic and hard-hitting illustration of addiction and self-destruction. I couldn't help but have an emotional reaction to Denzel's performance. Then again, I don't analyze movies as I'm watching them that would totally kill the experience for me.
Quote from flymike91 :Then again, I don't analyze movies as I'm watching them that would totally kill the experience for me.

Me neither, as i mentioned many times.. but i just think a lot of focus (all of it) went into his drinking problem for which i had zero sympathy at the end.. but it's a solid watch.
Straw Dogs - poor
Total Recall - poor remake with OK action here and there
Quote from Boris Lozac :Me neither, as i mentioned many times.. but i just think a lot of focus (all of it) went into his drinking problem for which i had zero sympathy at the end.. but it's a solid watch.

So you have to have sympathy with the main character for it to be a good movie?
It's a plus, specially if they want you to like him so bad like they do here.. But it's Denzel so it's all forgiven.
Груз 200 (Cargo 200)

Russian thriller film from 2007 by Aleksei Balabanov depicting a negative view of the late Soviet society. The action is set during culmination of the Soviet war in Afghanistan in 1984 and the movie's title refers to the zinc coffins in which dead Soviet soldiers were shipped home
Rust and Bone (De rouille et d'os)

Good but not great, great acting, some amazing scenes, but just like your any other movie, fails to make a complete product. Guess it's hard, the industry is only a century fresh..
The last move I watched was "Life of Pi" in 3D, the scenes and the story are simply fantastic, I really recommend it
One word: "Skyfall"
Skyfall wasn't terrible, but it dragged on and on, much like the Hobbit.
Yeah Skyfall just looked a bit tired. Much like the latest Bourne, just didnt enjoy it as I did some of the previous ones.

Still a decent watch however.
Saw Life Of Pi

Pretty dissapointed, had much higher expectactions, ended up as a work of God's PR department..
Django Unchained

Easily the most entertaining film I've seen in the last 12 months. Top quality performances from all involved (anyone that can get me wanting to see more of Leo DiCaprio is doing something right and Christoph Waltz is exceptional, as he was in IB ) great dialogue, action, QT's trademark cartoon violence, some exceptionally funny scenes.. This movie had it all.

QT understands that the main purpose of great cinema is to entertain, and Django gets full marks on that front. The 2h45m running time just flew by.

I doubt it will convert anyone who dislikes QT's previous body of work, but anyone who's a fan should love it.

QT's best film since Jackie Brown. 9/10
where did you see that? UK release is 19th?
The internet I guess.
Quote from Intrepid :where did you see that? UK release is 19th?

I'm sure you can work it out.

Can't wait to see it on the big screen though
Yeah its really tempting to watch it now, but I'm gonna hold out until I can see it on the big screen.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah its really tempting to watch it now, but I'm gonna hold out until I can see it on the big screen.

If the cinemas weren't full of complete wankers I'd hold out for a lot of movies. As it is I usually wait until something's about 4 weeks into a run and go to a showing at an obscure time of day just so I can watch a movie in relative peace.

Whilst all good movies are better on the big screen, I do tend to enjoy watching them more at home these days, on a half decent sized screen, in a very comfy seat where no one is talking through it, texting, munching away on food and kicking the back of my chair
Quote from The Moose :If the cinemas weren't full of complete wankers I'd hold out for a lot of movies. As it is I usually wait until something's about 4 weeks into a run and go to a showing at an obscure time of day just so I can watch a movie in relative peace.

Whilst all good movies are better on the big screen, I do tend to enjoy watching them more at home these days, on a half decent sized screen, in a very comfy seat where no one is talking through it, texting, munching away on food and kicking the back of my chair

Caunt argue against that.

I know those feels...
Looks like the experience is consistent across the world.
Second that motion, I've waited until tomorrow's 11 am showing to go see Django. Can't wait.
Miss Bala

Interesting story told in a completely uninteresting 'cohen brothers' like fashion.. Confusing, slow, boring, emotionless..

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG