The online racing simulator
Deep Blue Sea, only because Sam Jacksaon and Stellan Skarsgård

Worked together 10 years later on the Avengers
6 degrees of Kevin Bacon for 2013...discuss.
Unbreakable

Mother of god.. once again. Bring it on 'art house movie' fans and 'author movie' fans. Bring it, i'm ready..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Unbreakable

Mother of god.. once again. Bring it on 'art house movie' fans and 'author movie' fans. Bring it, i'm ready..

Generally I think Shyamalan is a terrible hack, but I actually like this one. Great atmosphere.
never seen it but must be good if boris doesnt like it
not a movie, but those who are into sci-fi doctor who ish kinda stuff, then Torchwood is a nice series to watch.
Quote from Shotglass :never seen it but must be good if boris doesnt like it

If more people had as much common sense as I do, this world would be a great place. Your arrogancy is so annoying..
If at least you were remotely right about anything you say..
Quote from Boris Lozac :If more people had as much common sense as I do, this world would be a great place.

comming from the man who had trouble reconciling his world view with the idea that people can have different oppinions about movies games etc
Quote from boris lozac :if more people had as much common sense as i do, this world would be a great place.

:d
Quote from Shotglass :i dont really see how sending someone back into the jaws of a trex could be particularly dangerous to the timeline but fair enough theres an even simpler solution... send them forwards in time

Assuming we're talking about fictional time-travel-as-seen-in-a-given-movie's-universe: in the then future time travel tech would likely exist, and you'd risk them coming back. Not to mention that you'd give off the co-ordinates of your setup to whatever future law-enforcement existed.

If you want a really good solution and assuming that co-ordinates are fixed to the location of the time machine, I'd say set it up in a location you knew for a fact to be a rock quarry and merge them with granite; or if you want to be very thorough use the exact location of an iron foundry's furnace. That would also make a nice sidestory about the iron workers there nicknaming it "Ole Puffy". If you want to be even more vindictive while writing the scenario take in account the fact that co-ordinates would like not be earth-relative, so just time it a week ago and they'll just appear outside the atmosphere. No need for prepubescent dino-involving daydreams unless you are genetically predisposed for such.

I think the most fun I've seen it done in a movie was that FAQ about Time Travel flick.

Quote from Shotglass : if that were their intention i imagine they would have pointed that out somewhere in the movie to fill in that gaping logical flaw

Not really. If it was a documentary, maybe, or if it was a non-Hollywood production for a niche market like Primer (and even that didn't really get in to technical detail). It's just a stylized work of fiction, not a manual on time travel or firearms for that matter - blunderbusses and long barreled revolvers indeed.

On the recent Boris-reverse-psychology-recommendation (he actually loves the movies he says he hates just to get people to watch them), that one was actually a pretty interesting one thanks to the characters involved and, surprisingly, IIRC didn't try to repeat the 6th sense effect.
Quote from Shotglass :comming from the man who had trouble reconciling his world view with the idea that people can have different oppinions about movies games etc

I have a problem with the phrase 'opinion', because it's beeing missused too much. How can that be an 'opinion' that these rubish films are rubish, it's a fckin fact.
Everything is hidden under a goddamn 'opinion' and directors like these are getting away with garbage like this one. It's not fckin art, it's poor, text-book poor movie making.
An opinion is "I think it will snow tomorrow"..
Quote from Boris Lozac :An opinion is "I think it will snow tomorrow"..

No, that is not an opinion. That is an assumption. In the case of a weather forecast it can be a random assumption, an empirical one or one based on a method of logical deduction or simulation. In none of the above does the individual's opinion about the weather come in as a factor - "I like snowy weather" is closer to an opinion as it states the person's taste as far as the natural abomination of frozen water gravitating to earth is involved. You might've of noticed I've cunningly inserted my own opinion about snow to illustrate the point. Pro bono.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I have a problem with the phrase 'opinion', because it's beeing missused too much. How can that be an 'opinion' that these rubish films are rubish, it's a fckin fact.
Everything is hidden under a goddamn 'opinion' and directors like these are getting away with garbage like this one. It's not fckin art, it's poor, text-book poor movie making.

Wait....what....serios....I mean c'mon....what.

Words fail me here, you seem to have it all ass backwards here. Someone not liking or liking something is an opinion and nothing to do with 'Fact'
For example, lets use the film franchise Die Hard. I believe that the definitive order of the films go Die Hard 1 - Die Hard: With a Vengeance - Die Hard 2 and then we leave Die Hard 4.0 out of it because it's a blot on the memory of Hans and Simon Gruber. However in my brothers opinion he replaces Die Hard 1 with Die Hard: With a Vengeance.

Now this is because a number of things, but it all boils down to personal opinion. In my view he is wrong on a number of thing, but then equally in his view I have it wrong. It's all about the person.

Quote :

No, this is not an opinion....this is a prediction. Much like saying Arsenal will score 2 goals and Vettel will win a race.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I have a problem with the phrase 'opinion', because it's beeing missused too much. How can that be an 'opinion' that these rubish films are rubish, it's a fckin fact.

Hmmm why are you arguing about this?
Tbh, Boris, you just seem like the type that wants to feel as though they have the best things, seen the best things, played the best games (see gt5 until your console broke or something).

You criticise everyone else's opinions if they differ from yours, apparently only in an attempt to in some way validate your own.

Assetto Corsa seems to be your latest thing. I'll bet that no matter what is wrong with it, you won't stand any criticism.

So please, before you take it yet another step and start criticising the fact that people even have their own opinions, not just that you don't agree with them, look at how impartial and biased your own opinions seem to be.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Someone not liking or liking something is an opinion and nothing to do with 'Fact'

Let's just make one more thing clear, if you do a math test and your result for 12x3 is 40, and teacher telling you you are wrong, that's not her opinion is it..
That's what i'm saying here.. These directors use lame-ass techiques and sell them as 'art' for people who think that are clever (the ones who specifically watch 'films' and not movies).
I'm trying to bring facts here why i think these movies suck and not hide under an opinion. And there are a lot of facts for every movie i wass pissed after watching it..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Let's just make one more thing clear, if you do a math test and your result for 12x3 is 40, and teacher telling you you are wrong, that's not her opinion is it..

No, but "40" isn't your opinion either.

Wait, is all this because of some female math teacher of yours and a failed math test?

Quote from Boris Lozac :That's what i'm saying here.. These directors use lame-ass techiques and sell them as 'art' for people who think that are clever (the ones who specifically watch 'films' and not movies).

This is true - in Avatar for example they took the exact same scenario as the story of Pocahontas and remade it with aliens.

You are not bringing any facts, just your opinion. Same as everybody else. If your opinion coincides with others' and it gains momentum it can be the popular opinion - other opinions will stare at it with envy. Stating your opinion over and over will not make it a fact, nor does its popularity make it a fact.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Let's just make one more thing clear, if you do a math test and your result for 12x3 is 40, and teacher telling you you are wrong, that's not her opinion is it..

But that subject deals in solid fact (unless you get philosophical about it). 1 is 1 and 2 is 2, these are facts yes.

Quote :
That's what i'm saying here.. These directors use lame-ass techiques and sell them as 'art' for people who think that are clever (the ones who specifically watch 'films' and not movies).
I'm trying to bring facts here why i think these movies suck and not hide under an opinion. And there are a lot of facts for every movie i wass pissed after watching it..

These techniques are maybe the reasons why in your opinion the film is bad or is the reason you disliked it and without knowing examples it's hard to say otherwise, but these are not facts.

Liking something is a personal choice and comes down to the individual and resolves around a number personal feelings. Not everyone likes the same thing and thank God/Allah/Buddha and Spongebob Squarepants for that, otherwise the world would be a dull, sad place if we all liked the same things
Just watched Dredd. What a ****ing brutal movie with so much gore.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
These techniques are maybe the reasons why in your opinion the film is bad or is the reason you disliked it and without knowing examples it's hard to say otherwise, but these are not facts.

So what's the point in having art schools or wherever these directors and producers get educated, when everything is allowed and nothing is bad, just gooo with the flooow, it's an opinionn.. In every school there are "do's" and "not to do's", am i right? In schools and universities you fail tests right? All i'm saying is that these kind of movies should be a straight "F".
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what's the point in having art schools or wherever these directors and producers get educated, when everything is allowed and nothing is bad, just gooo with the flooow, it's an opinionn.. In every school there are "do's" and "not to do's", am i right? In schools and universities you fail tests right? All i'm saying is that these kind of movies should be a straight "F".

Jesus ****ing Christ.

You don't really get art, do you?

Hint: it's not math.
Quote from Boris Lozac :In every school there are "do's" and "not to do's", am i right? In schools and universities you fail tests right? All i'm saying is that these kind of movies should be a straight "F".

So, you are basing your opinion on the expertise of others?
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what's the point in having art schools or wherever these directors and producers get educated, when everything is allowed and nothing is bad, just gooo with the flooow, it's an opinionn.. In every school there are "do's" and "not to do's", am i right? In schools and universitys you fail tests right?

The performing arts and by that I mean TV, Film Stage, Music and art can not be compared to the normal educational schools. Something like photography has rules, but some of them are made to be broken to provide a different take on a subject, also some genres of music (Hip hop for example) broke all the conventions of music at the time by pushing the boundaries and rules.

The same can not be said of conventional studies, I have yet to see an electrician redefine how you would wire up a house by swapping the live and neutral wires around. (I have seen what happens when a live cable end goes into a puddle, which a metal pole sticks out of and a bird lands on top of the said pole.........feathers everywhere!!!)

Quote :All i'm saying is that these kind of movies should be a straight "F".

What movies, what techniques....you have not given any examples so it's impossiblem for me to comment. Maybe they do deserve the 'F' rating, but without further infomation it's a mute point.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
You don't really get art, do you?

Is every art good then? Is every student guaranteed succes at the end of the studies, just cause he chose art? Because art can't be bad..
I am positive, 100% positive that there's a line or a class in every art/directing/movie making school, that a movie should glue the viewer to the screen and make him stay till the end and ask for more..
That should be like the first class, the sacred thing..
85% of the movies are doing the exact opposite, they are directors rape-fests, because they know they can call it an 'art' and buy off a couple of 'established' reviewers, get quick cash and laugh their ass off at how easy it was..

And also, about the always mentioned Avatar. Let's get that clear once and for all, yes it's full of cliches and stupid one-liners, but at least it fckin keeps the viewer till the end with quality action scenes and visuals, nobody here can tell me that they've walked out in the middle of it? So Cameroon was definatelly present at that 'keep the viewer interested' class..
Really guys? Does every thread have to be ruined?
Quote from Boris Lozac :
And also, about the always mentioned Avatar. Let's get that clear once and for all, yes it's full of cliches and stupid one-liners, but at least it fckin keeps the viewer till the end with quality action scenes and visuals, nobody here can tell me that they've walked out in the middle of it? So Cameroon was definatelly present at that 'keep the viewer interested' class..

Not me...because it was full of cliches and stupid one liners but also becuase the story was lifted from 'Dances With Wolves'. Watching through it I had predicted how it was going to end and it just started becoming like every other tick the boxes movie. Sure visually it was out there, but failed in so many others.

I can honestly say it failed to keep me interested....so surely that means it failed.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG