The online racing simulator
Finally got round to seeing Inglorious Basterds the other day. It's not the film I was expecting at all, although it was good. I was expecting more of a spoof kind of film.

Is it me or is the guy with the baseball bat pretty much exactly the scout from Team Fortress 2?
Pearcy_2k7 Jackson was a nice movie
YOU ARE THE SON OF POSEIDON.
The taking of Pelham 123
Quote from The Moose :Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /2009/posters/hurt_locker_ver3.jpg on this server.

Still..i gather you mean The Hurt Locker

Damn good film. Some very tense stuff at times. Easily in my top five films of last year.

Hmm, the link still works for me, wierd. But yeah, I heard it was a really good movie, which is rare for a modern war movie, and it lived up to it's expectations, it really gave you the sense of how it really is over there. I recommend it to anybody that enjoys suspenseful movies.
Quote from danowat :Finally managed to catch Avatar.....

Wowzers, TBH, the story pretty much passed me by, I was in awe of the special effects, just wow, unbelievable.

Uhmm..what story?
Watched Avatar in so called "3d".
To be honest: the 3d-quality and humour from "Toy Story 3"- and "Alice in Wonderland"-trailer was more entertaining and fun!

Cameron is getting old too...No story, but lots of bling-bling.
Quote from VoiD :Uhmm..what story?
Watched Avatar in so called "3d".
To be honest: the 3d-quality and humour from "Toy Story 3"- and "Alice in Wonderland"-trailer was more entertaining and fun!

Cameron is getting old too...No story, but lots of bling-bling.

Really who cares about a "good" storyline, it's all about the eye candy these days.

If you want a good story then go read a good book or something.
Quote from G!NhO :Really who cares about a "good" storyline, it's all about the eye candy these days.

Bullshit.

Edit:- Just checked your age. Explains it all. Don't worry..you'll grow up one day and realize substance wins out over style every time. Eye candy should enhance a story, not be a substitute for one.
That mighta been sarcasm there, Moosey.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That mighta been sarcasm there, Moosey.

I've just checked and it seems my sarcasm detector was unplugged

...I'm not fully convinced it was sarcasm anyway I'll apologise to G!NhO if it was though
I cant really understand why avatar shouldnt have a good story?

I mean the love between the 2 protagonists is imo story enough and then the humans who wanna destroy the forests etc...
Quote from Timo1992 :I cant really understand why avatar shouldnt have a good story?

I mean the love between the 2 protagonists is imo story enough and then the humans who wanna destroy the forests etc...

Story just 'works' for this kind of movie.. who's purpose is not about upgrading your IQ or to make you guess what the movie was all about.. It's pure, 100%, cinema entertainment..
Quote from The Moose :...I'm not fully convinced it was sarcasm anyway I'll apologise to G!NhO if it was though

iirc he liked transformers
Quote from Shotglass :iirc he liked transformers

Whats wrong with Transformers?

Ohh yeah... it was an effects bonanza with no redeeming features whatsoever, made for for ADD sufferers. I guess he wasn't being sarcastic after all.
Had a week of work, and it has allowed me to watch a heap of movies...unfortunately most of them junk, so much so that I was tempted to start a “Recommend A Film You Have Seen Recently That Should Never Be Seen Under Any Circumstance What So Ever Even If Watching Said FilmYou Manage To Get A Chance To Get It On With A Lovely Lass, As Meatloaf May Have Once Said...I Would Do Anything For Love, But No Way In Hell Am I Going To Watch That Steaming Pile Of Turd Dressed Up As A Movie...........Thread” (Ok the title may need a little refining to be honest) but thought it to be better to keep it all in the same thread for the time being, having said that ifone was to be started I would be posting so much anger that even the forum whores would be impressed.

First up, Daybreakers – The Spierig brothers are now in my top 5 list of directors whom I despise...not enough to dislodge Michael Mann from the top spot yet but close. Upon checking their filmography I found these guys are also responsible for Undead. Thats 2 strikes guys...another one and I'm coming after you, this is a warning. Score 2 out of 10 (only because you could see Willem Defoe's obviously losing the will to live and act as the film goes on

Next up Valkyrie – I should have known, I really should have seen the signs. They are all there for everyone to see, yet I missed them and viewed the first 20/25 mins of this film. How does it end, don't know and I don't care. For all I know Tom Cruise's character has a crisis of confidence before the bombing and then spends half the film running away from the truth. Score 3 out of 10, all 3 points thanks to Bill Nighy

Third – The Day The Earth Stood Still (remake) – Keaunu Reeves....remake...AVOID. Score Banana out of 10. That's right a Banana, can't even give it a proper score. Watch the 1951 original instead.

There have been good movies that I have watched, so I haven't wasted my holiday and got my blood pressure up....but I'll post them latter
I watched Malice in Wonderland tonight. Wasn't as good as I expected but it had plenty of typical Danny Dyer moments, also Superhands from Peep Show was quite funny in it.

Also, the majority of it was set in Great Yarmouth where I live. A load of my mates met Danny Dyer and Superhands (whatever his name is) during the few days they were filming down here.

All in all, not a bad film. 7/10.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :

Next up Valkyrie – I should have known, I really should have seen the signs. They are all there for everyone to see, yet I missed them and viewed the first 20/25 mins of this film. How does it end, don't know and I don't care. For all I know Tom Cruise's character has a crisis of confidence before the bombing and then spends half the film running away from the truth. Score 3 out of 10, all 3 points thanks to Bill Nighy

Bulls*it.. it's a pretty good film
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
The Spierig brothers are now in my top 5 list of directors whom I despise...not enough to dislodge Michael Mann from the top spot yet but close.

What the hell? How can you hate Michael Mann? He directed two awesome movies, Heat and The Insider, along with some other really good films , Manhunter,The Last Of The Mohicans,Public Enemies. Even Collateral and Ali were fairly good.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Bulls*it.. it's a pretty good film

Bullshit.....it's bullshit
Quote from VoiD :Uhmm..what story?

Was pretty much my point

As for Valkyrie, I thought it was OK
Quote from The Moose :Whats wrong with Transformers?

Ohh yeah... it was an effects bonanza with no redeeming features whatsoever, made for for ADD sufferers. I guess he wasn't being sarcastic after all.

I was a bit sarcastic, yes i liked transformers because of the effects but there was also a storyline in it which may not be good or something but it's enough for me.

What makes a good storyline for you?.
Quote from The Moose :Whats wrong with Transformers?

Transformers is okay (as these kind of films go), Revenge of The Fallen is a complete joke. It seems like all the creativity put into that film was spent making the robots bigger and more complex.

At least the first had a little magic, humour and mystery to it. Anything bad you can say about the first can just be multiplied by a hundred for the second.
I don't see the problem, but hey i am not a movie geek.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG