The online racing simulator
The American - stupid crap. Only half-decent thing is Clooney Building the gun.
Dersu Uzala
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071411/
(I have no idea why IMDB says Deruzu uzara when it's clearly Дерсу Узала)

from the director of Seven Samurais... beautiful story, I have to find a book somewhere
Quote from majod :(I have no idea why IMDB says Deruzu uzara when it's clearly Дерсу Узала)

Japanese phonetic spelling. Same reason the japanese original title for Battle Royale is "Batoru rowaiaru" and Audition's is "Ôdishon" to name a couple that pop to mind.
"Never Let Me go" should've been called 'Never see me ever'. What a load of bullsh*t..
Legion

So, so very bad. Avoid like the plague.
Quote from Boris Lozac :"Never Let Me go" should've been called 'Never see me ever'. What a load of bullsh*t..

You are totally mad, man? Omg... Can't believe in your words... It's one of the best 2010 movies... So dramatic movie... I even almost burst in tears... How this movie can't bother you ??
Quote from seniecka :You are totally mad, man? Omg... Can't believe in your words... It's one of the best 2010 movies... So dramatic movie... I even almost burst in tears... How this movie can't bother you ??

Acting and setting are great, everything else.. give me a break. Pathethic, absurd (are we suppose to acknowledge the fact that this would ever be accepted?)

And.. SPOILERS (but really, you're better off not watching it)

Why the f*ck did they never run away? They had cars, they could roam freely etc, the only thing their survival instinct tells them is to and try prove their love to some people, really? Not step on the gas pedal and go to the end of the world? Pfff. And they willingly accept the fact that their donors, jesus christ. This idea had potential but it should've been done much much better.
Quote from Boris Lozac :"Never Let Me go" should've been called 'Never see me ever'. What a load of bullsh*t..

The hell?
You liked it too?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Acting and setting are great, everything else.. give me a break. Pathethic, absurd (are we suppose to acknowledge the fact that this would ever be accepted?)

And.. SPOILERS (but really, you're better off not watching it)

Why the f*ck did they never run away? They had cars, they could roam freely etc, the only thing their survival instinct tells them is to and try prove their love to some people, really? Not step on the gas pedal and go to the end of the world? Pfff. And they willingly accept the fact that their donors, jesus christ. This idea had potential but it should've been done much much better.

Oh, I see.

You completely missed the point.

Here's a hint: it's not science fiction, it's allegory.
Don't go there.. i see the 'point', yes the final message is touching and all, but they've should've done better with the basic idea, explain a bit more so i could at least imagine that it's a possible situation.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Don't go there.. i 'see' the point, yes the final message is touching and all, but they've should've done better with the basic idea, explain a bit more so i could at least imagine that it's a possible situation.

You're not getting it. The point, and the tragedy of the film/book (you should read the book, btw), is that these people have been conditioned as a class, over generations, not to question their fate.

Perhaps it comes across better in the book than the movie, but I can't really separate them since I read the book first. That said, a lot of people had the same complaints about the book as you had about the movie. My only real complaint about the movie is that it focused too much on a contrived love triangle at the expense of some of the more subtle character-building from the book.
Exactly my point, this type of allegory is better off to stay in a book if you can't nail it to be a movie, which they didn't.
Dunno, it worked for me.

edit: from a very good review by M. John Harrison (of the book):

Quote :Ishiguro's contribution to the cloning debate turns out to be sleight of hand, eye candy, cover for his pathological need to be subtle. So what is Never Let Me Go really about? It's about the steady erosion of hope. It's about repressing what you know, which is that in this life people fail one another, grow old and fall to pieces. It's about knowing that while you must keep calm, keeping calm won't change a thing. Beneath Kathy's flattened and lukewarm emotional landscape lies the pure volcanic turmoil, the unexpressed yet perfectly articulated, perfectly molten rage of the orphan.

By the final, grotesque revelation of what really lies ahead for Kathy and Tommy and Ruth, readers may find themselves full of an energy they don't understand and aren't quite sure how to deploy. Never Let Me Go makes you want to have sex, take drugs, run a marathon, dance - anything to convince yourself that you're more alive, more determined, more conscious, more dangerous than any of these characters.

This extraordinary and, in the end, rather frighteningly clever novel isn't about cloning, or being a clone, at all. It's about why we don't explode, why we don't just wake up one day and go sobbing and crying down the street, kicking everything to pieces out of the raw, infuriating, completely personal sense of our lives never having been what they could have been.

And I'd point out that it's also about how the rest of the society depicted in the book has conditioned themselves so well to believe that the clones AREN'T people that they had to have a special experimental school to test whether they have SOULS. There's a lot going on in this book/movie, and you really do have to fight your initial urge to yell at these people, or at least re-channel that energy into trying to understand what Ishiguro is doing.
Watched Setup. Another stupid movie.
Have not posted in a while.
World's fastest Indian
Fantastic film. I had doubts about Anthony Hopkins but he nailed it.

2 Days in Paris
My favorite Julie Delpy Film. (says a lot )

Before Sunrise
Very good film as we all know. I do still prefer 2 days in Paris though.

Before Sunset
This may be better than before sunrise... :X

180° South
The best film I have seen all year, Without a doubt. Watch this!

Also on a similar note I was watching Wilfred (Aus) again and forgot how much I loved it. Still haven't seen the American version :X
I really wanted to see it, but the copy playing at our local cinema had a big scratch down the middle for basically the entire runtime. :|
It didn't make much sense to me, until i've read the plot synopsis. But i think story isn't that important there, it's a good movie for thinkers.
Shogun. Bit old but I loved it.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG