The online racing simulator
Quote from ssm :I love the last line: "what the fcuk have you done lately?"; I find it very meaningful

Quote from The Very End :Same here, that's one of the best movies I have seen for a while.
Only question I'm wondering about, without posting spoilers, is if the x person died or not , if it's suposed to be happy - or a god damn sad ending. I bet the end, and it was damn emotional.

It's an enchanting film, really really good. The ending is the way you see it, I think. I believe it's left intentionally uncertain. Perhaps the way you think it happens is a reflection of yourself, you could bet which way a child would think it ends. It's very sad indeed to see it the other way, the film is so beautiful and the character in question so....precious?....and the way in which it concludes is so brave and noble, to assume it was all for nothing and "x person" simply dies would be a seriously depressing conclusion. Therefore I went for the not utterly grim ending
Quote from george_tsiros :lol?

im sorry but i can't hear such idiocy and not react!

what a load of bovine male's excrement!!!:vomit:

the idea of taking care of the enviroment... 'blatantly political' ? and you 'point it out' ? as if... we couldn't see it on our own? well, of course we could. and did. so why did you 'point it out'. certainly from your words it is not because you think it is good... and you wouldn't point it out if you thought it was meh or so and so. so you either admit that you fell in for the opposite propaganda, the one that says 'wall-e is green propaganda!' and you wanted to point it out in here, or you admit you thought it is something bad (and thus, worthy of mention).

Excuse me, please point me to the line in my post where I said this was a bad thing. Oh right, you can't. I was pointing it out because I thought it was a big part of the movie, that is all. I was merely stating a fact that even a movie like Wall-E primarily aimed at children has an deeper secondary message & meaning. I'm sorry that I pointed out something that you already noticed, I didn't know there was a rule about that.

Sheesh, didn't know stating the obvious could get people so worked up.

As I stated earlier, I really DID like the movie and I recommended it to people.
It certainly is an implication, though. The word "propaganda" carries an indisputably negative connotation.
Stir of echoes is a pretty decent movie. And bought a few racing movies some time ago, Le Mans, Grand Prix and Talledega nights also pretty good movies.. although the storyline of Grand Prix is a bit hard to follow, the racing footage is awesome and some of the best F1 racing footage i've ever seen.
Quote from pb32000 :In Bruges is the best film I've seen lately

That's true! just watched it and wow it was really good! I recommend for you others to watch it too, though that is not suitable for everyone.. lots of blood in the end
seen batman there the other week.... heath ledger, acting just like the guys from the sex pistols.... Brilliant !
#258 - ssm
I liked "forgetting sarah marshall"
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

Seriously. Sucks even more than the first one. Only seen half of it, but it was awesome. Terrible movie, loved it.
But was it as utterly, tragically foul as the second one?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It certainly is an implication, though. The word "propaganda" carries an indisputably negative connotation.

Thank you.
Quote from unseen :But was it as utterly, tragically foul as the second one?

I never actually saw the second one... BUT, from what I've seen of the third, it sucks in the same brilliant way as the first.
Son of Rambow. Pretty entertaining little farce about falling in love with movies, making friends, and all the good stuff about being a kid.
I've pre-ordered my DVD of that, its been posted to me, so should be here either today or Monday.
Super Troopers made me rofl last night.
The next person who says "shenanigans..."
"Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks? "...

:hide:
Watched Papillon yesterday.

Certainly worth watching. McQueen and Hoffman in the leading roles is a reason enough to get this movie.
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
The story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to. Featuring Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, Felicia Day as Penny and a cast of dozens.
official page

I'm not a fan of musicals, but this one made by Joss Whedon and starring Neil Patrick Harris, is just pure fun... I really liked it, as I understand, it was launched on the internet and was really popular. Well i downloaded it as a full piece from mininova... 42 mins of pure awesome
Clickie that would be the trailer, but it does not do justice to how awesomely funny this piece is I recommend I think its legally available through itunes.... so... get the torrent i guess
Saw Pineapple Express last night.

Hysterical. Watch it.
-
(ssm) DELETED by Bob Smith : Not the sort of suggestions we want here...
In Bruges - Got it on DVD yesterday, very funny fish out of water gangster story, set in Bruges...obviously. Basically two hitmen are sent to Bruges to hide after a job they did went wrong, one of them loves the city, the other hates it and constantly complains about it.

Bit of a strange one here, but I also recommend watching the commentary on Anchorman if you have it on DVD, it's actually funnier than the film.
Quote from MAGGOT :Saw Pineapple Express last night.

Hysterical. Watch it.

Agreed.

"El Dorado!"
Transsiberian. Excellent, Hitchcockian thriller set in Siberia. Emily Mortimer is fantastic in it. Directed by the guy who did Session 9 and The Machinist.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Transsiberian. Excellent, Hitchcockian thriller set in Siberia. Emily Mortimer is fantastic in it. Directed by the guy who did Session 9 and The Machinist.

I saw that had come out, I think I'll watch it on that recommendation
Quote from danowat :Watched Felon last night, and was pleasently suprised at how good it was.

Well worth a watch.

Quote from BenjiMC :The Great Debaters

Watched this the other day. Interesting movie. Washingtons characater as always has some important things to be heard.

to both films! Lately I've been watching 24, so far I finished off 2 series. Very addictive.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG