The online racing simulator
I saw Wall E yesterday it was really good. You should all go see it if you haven't.
Leon is a great film, top drawer performances all round really, especially Natalie Portman and Gary Oldman, although he is typically typecast as a nutter copper.

V for vendetta is also good.

I haven't seen anything that good lately, watched The happening and thought, meh, it was ok, the acting was shocking in the extreme, Mark Walberg was beyond bad, also saw Alpha dog, again, ok ish, Meet Bill, fairly funny.

We belong to "lovefilm", a dvd rental company, and a DVD came through yesterday, "Fido", which will go one of two ways, it will either be hilarious, or really, really terrible.
Gotta say it (even if UK release date is only a couple of hours ago )...Dark Knight IS bloody good..
Heath Ledger is as good as everybody says he is in the film, definitely worthy of a posthumous oscar!
Been to the cinema today to see 2 films:
- Kung Fu Panda > it was hilarious the fighting scenes were done properly and the animation was superb.
- The X-Files: I Want to Believe > now this wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be, but still I enjoyed the movie and didn't find it boring at any point, but the ending was just bad.
And btw, Speed Racer!
Quote from MataGyula :
And btw, Speed Racer!

Speed Racer what?? Avoid at all costs unless you are 9 years old?? That film was so grotesque I "walked out" after 15 minutes....total piffle!
Well it certainly isn't a film for everybody, but i realy enjoyed it (no, iam not 9 ... at least not on the outside) - The visuals were amazing and the character's likeable. I can't wait to see it in HD, all the colorful scenes ( people who argue about new games being all brownish should go and watch this film ).
Quote from MataGyula :Well it certainly isn't a film for everybody, but i realy enjoyed it (no, iam not 9 ... at least not on the outside) - The visuals were amazing and the character's likeable. I can't wait to see it in HD, all the colorful scenes ( people who argue about new games being all brownish should go and watch this film ).

So you liked it because it was bright and colourful? Are you sure you're not a 9 year old?
Well, 9 or 19, does it really matter? Basicaly we can say that i liked it because it was colorful, but colorful in a very stylish way :P I like to watch films with little, or no expectations (can't say this statement is true when the subject is a sequel :P), so when the end credits show up I can't say that it wasn't what i was awaiting it to be. You can't take Speed Racer seriously, but if you let the story carry you away, you'll enjoy the film, imho. Don't trust the reviewers, watch it and then decide whether you liked it or not
I saw Wanted recently, I didn't appreciate that it was directed by Timur Bekmambetov, the king of over the top set pieces, and director of Day watch and Night watch untill about 15mins in when I thought, this looks suspiciously like day watch!!!

It's a special effects tour de force, with some really classy, over the top, totally unbelieveable set pieces, thankfully the story isn't as convaluted and full of plot holes like Day watch and night watch was, and has a nice little plot twist at the end.

It's not a top film, acting is ok, but for a balls out, leave your brain at the ticket booth, action film, it's pretty good.
Wanted is pretty good (besides the ott stunts).

Is it meant to have Russian in lots and lots of places?
You obviously saw the same version I did
Ah yes I did - suprised it was out so early tbh

The GF (who gets freaked out by even a little drop of blood) wanted to watch this film after seeing the advert - thank god I decided to watch it alone first
I thought the "gore" was more cool than yuk though.
Quote from Jakg :Wanted is pretty good (besides the ott stunts).

Is it meant to have Russian in lots and lots of places?

Yes Jack, especially on ATM machines in New York!!!!

That version was Russian R5 vid with line audio IIRC
Well, I saw Wanted in the cinemas, and then the rus R5... It was WAAAAY better in cinema =D (even though my theater blacked out for 5mins right when the train fell).. In the theatre, there were only minor russian language uses, the atm was in english... etc.. In R5, it was in russian Anyhow, i liked the main leads performance, and all the sounds he made and faces... Its a good fun flick, meant to be watched in good quality, so the effects dont bother you, but eat you =]
I discovered this Zwartboek (English title: Black Book) only recently because it seems it was a very late no-one-knows-about-it DVD release. It's from 2006 so I guess the europeans already watched it. Anyway I really enjoyed so the point still stands.

It's about a jewish singer at the Nazi-occupied Netherlands during World War II. She infiltrates in the Gestapo local headquarters to help the dutch resistance.

I also just discovered this thread.
Topgun. tis older than me 8 years older than me.
The Great Debaters

Watched this the other day. Interesting movie. Washingtons characater as always has some important things to be heard.
Hardly new, but I saw Die Hard 4(.0) this week. Starts out rather good, dark, serious looking, and then descends into spectacular farce. It builds with other parts preceding it, butI'm sure I wasn't the only one who just burst out laughing when the truck is attacked by possibly the worst fighter pilot of all time. Lt Goofy perhaps. It's just glorious incompetence, and in a way it's brilliant......if "Scary Movie" or "Hotshots" had done it I wouldn't have been surprised, perhaps the film producers were making 2 films at once.

Entertaining and awful, but not quite awfully entertaining, closer to entertainingly awful.
Watched "Children of Men" earlier today. It didn`t sound like my sort of thing, but I was glad I gave it a shot.

Definitely going to recommend it to anybody that like the dystopian future style of films like "equilibrium" "1984" etc.
Quote from unseen :Watched "Children of Men" earlier today. It didn`t sound like my sort of thing, but I was glad I gave it a shot.

That one long shot where they get blood on the camera was really ambitious, I was impressed with that. And the other one where they're being chased by the dudes on dirtbikes and the one camera tracks around the interior of the car throughout the whole chase - again, really impressive.
Quote from unseen :Watched "Children of Men" earlier today. It didn`t sound like my sort of thing, but I was glad I gave it a shot.

Definitely going to recommend it to anybody that like the dystopian future style of films like "equilibrium" "1984" etc.

Still haven't seen Equilibrium or 1984. Been meaning to for several years now, I love dystopic stuff.

Quote from thisnameistaken :That one long shot where they get blood on the camera was really ambitious, I was impressed with that. And the other one where they're being chased by the dudes on dirtbikes and the one camera tracks around the interior of the car throughout the whole chase - again, really impressive.

I was reading something not too long ago that said those were not actually taken in one go, but where several shots stitched together. Forget where I read it, though. Even still, very impressive. The whole movie was just simply brilliant. One of my all-time favorites.
Just watched Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Pretty good if you're looking for a laugh, a bit vulgar and stupid at some points but worth it. Will make you laugh for sure. Can't beat Kal Penn.
Just watched Wall-E, another amazing film by Pixar. Wall-E is like E.T combined with Short Circuit and made cuter and funnier, every character in the film is brilliant. I have so many favourite parts from the film I can't even list them.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG