The online racing simulator
I've heard Iron Man is a great film, just wating for it to come out on DVD because I never go to the cinema, it just costs too much.

Dan In Real Life - Good romantic comedy, but not a girly film like most romantic comedies. I am fast becoming a fan of Steve Carell too, he is great in this film.
Quote from breadfan :Has anybody seen Iron Man? Is it worth watching?

Iron Man IS good..probably one of the best "Marvel" films to date.
Anybody who has seen the latest Hulk film would have LOL'd at the references to Iron Man at the end....but wont post any more spoilers!

Dunno if it counts as a film...but the last three episodes of Doctor Who were bloody good...I hacked them about and did some editing so that it ran straight through without the overlap between episodes, and it makes for a pretty good movie
Someone needs to watch the new X-Files film when that comes out and tell me if its good or shit, the trailer makes it look awesome, but trailers always do that.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Someone needs to watch the new X-Files film when that comes out and tell me if its good or shit, the trailer makes it look awesome, but trailers always do that.

If Mulder is still as cynical as ever, and Scully is still a mega-hot babe, it's good enough for me

(/me :heartbeat Scully :lovies3d
Played by the same actor and actress, so they are getting on a bit.
Just watched The Wackness.

Pretty amusing coming of age story with some dark humor.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Played by the same actor and actress, so they are getting on a bit.

So?...I'm getting on a bit too, so Gillian Andersons age is, to me anyway, an advantage!
I heartily recommend Wall-E

My girlfriend made me take her, but it was really funny.
Quote from Dajmin :I heartily recommend Wall-E

haha your kidding me right Btw there is a huge cover up have you seen the longest yard? well if you have it shows a preview of wall-e on the guards Tv

Anyway If you want a laugh mike myers is your friend the movie Love guru has just come out go see it its hillarious
Has Apocalypto been recommended? That is a truly brilliant film. The you could watch it without the subtitles it's so good.
Just reminded me of a great war film with subtitles...

9th Company - The Russian side of the Afganistan war, very gritty and it lacks the happy ending bullshit of American war films.
Dead Man's Shoes, No country for old men... ummm.. Wall-E was pretty sweet too if you're not into the other two..
Quote from BenjiMC :Has Apocalypto been recommended? That is a truly brilliant film. The you could watch it without the subtitles it's so good.

I loath that Mel Gibson guy, but dam that was great!
Quote from R34king :haha your kidding me right Btw there is a huge cover up have you seen the longest yard? well if you have it shows a preview of wall-e on the guards Tv

Anyway If you want a laugh mike myers is your friend the movie Love guru has just come out go see it its hillarious

I don't get the premise of this post.
Well, I recommend Leon, Banlieue 13 (great le parkour action movie), Braveheart, Wanted was pretty good.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I bought the DVD of this film based on this thread, and I love it. The whole film is very interesting, ruined a bit by the annoying music, but its very interesting, and the twist at the end is amazing.

It was a surprise for me too, I wasn't expecting that kind of film and I really enjoyed it till the end, the end is simply shocking!

Quote from Jakg :totally agree - as low-budget as you can get but still very very good.

Yeah, this film demonstrates that stories can be told without spending millions of dollars on them, as long as someone has something interesting to tell, cinema will survive.
Quote from evilgenius :Well, I recommend Leon...

Leon is one of my favourite movies of all time. Stunning performance by Jean Reno in that. I'm gutted he didn't do more in a starring capacity after it and seems to be relegated to secondary bit parts now.
Quote from Dajmin :Leon is one of my favourite movies of all time. Stunning performance by Jean Reno in that. I'm gutted he didn't do more in a starring capacity after it and seems to be relegated to secondary bit parts now.

I cringed so bad watching Godzilla...
Quote from Dajmin :I heartily recommend Wall-E

It will be shown here the first week of august, it looks great, and I expect Pixar to keep the quality of both image and script as always. Simply amazing how they can give life and expression to that robot.

BTW, I want to recommend a film I saw the other day, Avalon. It's some kind of ciberpunk story very close related to online games, very well documented IMO, there are some details that I liked a lot. The film itself is not a masterpiece, but if you like ciberpunk or scifi in general (and online games like the one we play) I think you will enjoy it. The story is pretty cool, maybe a bit slow and not tight closed (The director is Mamoru Oshii, so go figure).

It's a Japanese/Polish production (talk about strange mixes), and the east european scenario mixed with the intensive color treatment matches perfectly the ambient of the film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267287/

Hope you enjoy it.
Quote from R34king :haha your kidding me right Btw there is a huge cover up have you seen the longest yard? well if you have it shows a preview of wall-e on the guards Tv

took my lad to see it yesterday, good film, usual pixar quality, not a true funny film, more a drama with comedy and romance mixed in and at times quite swet and, dare i say it, even a bit of a tear jerker near the end. (well my eyes were watering but i admit to being sentimental when watching films, i even cried at the end of apolo 13 )

presto, the traditional short film before is an absalute scream, a modern reworking of a bugs bunny type cartoon at his most sureal and best.

apparently its on i tunes and clips are on youtube,
Quote from Dajmin :Leon is one of my favourite movies of all time. Stunning performance by Jean Reno in that. I'm gutted he didn't do more in a starring capacity after it and seems to be relegated to secondary bit parts now.

Same here, watched the directors cut recently, and I still liked it as much as ever. Well, yes, its a shame, If i remember right, I did enjoy Tais-toi and wasabi with Jean Reno, but those are light flicks, not one like Leon...

Quote from tinvek :
presto, the traditional short film before is an absalute scream, a modern reworking of a bugs bunny type cartoon at his most sureal and best.

apparently its on i tunes and clips are on youtube,

Yea, that's brilliant!

I can vouch for Wall-E as well, saw it when it came out in the UK last Friday and really enjoyed it
Quote from Eldanor :"The man from Earth"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Simply amazing.

Amen to that, and more, please =] Very good film, already recommending it to all the filmlovers I know:P

And on the topic, "You dont mess with the Zohan" is a great comedy. It has some low points, but very, very few.

Thats my favourite film of all time, its the only film I an definately say is my favourite. Jean Reno is a brilliant actor, he is also in my second favourite film, Ronin.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG