The online racing simulator
you got a rather long list of rules there

then again imdb got it relatively right with district 9 this year early on
D9 has its own problems, but let's not go into them here.

IMO the only truly excellent science fiction film of the last 10 years was Primer.
ive been meaning to watch that since the xkcd comic... havent gotten round to it yet
Quote from Boris Lozac :Do you really demand originality in 2010? Billions of films are made, offcourse everything is seen million times so far. But this is just awesomeness.

'Demand' might be a too strong word, but yes, certainly!
Billions of movies being made is no excuse for the 1,000,000,001st movie to be like all the others. There's always a way to make things better (or worse).

Also I don't think anyone is saying the movie ruined 2,5 hours of their lives, because it most probably didn't. All in all it's a good experience.

Don't take things too personally, gladly we don't like all the same stuff.
Haneke's Time of the Wolf was excellent as well, but it's only marginally science fiction.
Quote from de Souza :
Don't take things too personally, gladly we don't like all the same stuff.

Yep, that's a good advice, i do take things personally sometimes, it's just that i'm sometimes in shock how can we be so different on films like these.. It's like hating a FPS game for a bad and cliche story..
Duel
Saw District 9 on DVD last night. Wow. Really, really wow. Went straight up into my favourite films of all time.
trainspotting :P
For a change I have seen a load of films and all have been good

Sherlock Holmes - Great story and takes Sherlock back to the original concept

Zombieland - hahahahahaha f**king great. Good Bill Murrey cameo Rule #2 - double tap

Surrogates - Not best film but good story

District 9 - Not what you expect. Good dark story

All worth a watch but Zombieland is a must. Up there with Shawn of the Dead in Zombie movies
Quote from Woz :For a change I have seen a load of films and all have been good

Surrogates - Not best film but good story

All worth a watch

I thought Surrogates was really bad. It's the same old clichéd story of "too much tecnhology is bad" meets "loose cannon cop with a dead child" meets "revolutionary genius". I, Robot did it much better, IMO. At least with Will Smith there wasn't any terrible Bruce Willis acting.
Quote from amp88 :I thought Surrogates was really bad. It's the same old clichéd story of "too much tecnhology is bad" meets "loose cannon cop with a dead child" meets "revolutionary genius". I, Robot did it much better, IMO. At least with Will Smith there wasn't any terrible Bruce Willis acting.

Should have mentioned that Surrogates was a download (naughty ) so I didn't pay to see it which might have changed my view on it a little. Yep, I, Robot was much better.

Rest were on the big screen though.
Avatar in 3D is worth watching!!!

I've never seen a better film than this, it's one of the best movies ever!!
some people are easily amused.

then again you are only 17..
Watched The Lineup yesterday. All I can say is, Don Siegel really had it. Excellent movie filmed on location [not in the studio] which looked really good after watching all these blockbusters. Highly recommended film-noir.

Oh, and for a blockbuster, also watched the UK version of Gaslight. A thriller completely up to Hitchcock's standards. In fact, the plot reminded me of the style of 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents'. Highly recommended.

I wonder if I should go watch Avatar in the cinema...
Quote from amp88 :At least with Will Smith there wasn't any terrible Bruce Willis acting.

with Will Smith there isn't any acting at all...
Inside Man, really good storyline
Quote from Lible :
I wonder if I should go watch Avatar in the cinema...

:doh: Definately, don't listen to these bitter haters, it's a spectacle!
Just watched Primer. A rough little diamond, that provides more questions than answers (which I love in a good film). Definitely worth a watch, then another, and another, etc.
Yeah, it's one of the rare films that rewards repeat viewings.
Mrs Doubtfire

\o/
Amistad.

Quote from Becky Rose :with Will Smith there isn't any acting at all...

No acting is infinitely better than Willis' bad acting, IMO.
Quote from unseen :Just watched Primer. A rough little diamond, that provides more questions than answers (which I love in a good film). Definitely worth a watch, then another, and another, etc.

Yup, I've just watched it as well. This is more like my kind of movie. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow. I love films that make you want to watch them again straight after seeing them.

Thanks for another fantastic recommendation DWB
Quote : Originally Posted by DeadWolfBones
And yeah, this bothered me too. "What if we crossed a hammerhead shark with an elephant!!"

I saw Avatar in 2D and I still enjoyed it but I think the main reason was because it had all the postively familiar elements of a Cameron movie. There was Sigorney Weaver, aliens, big ships, tough marines, a bioluminescent world... all the things we've loved about his movies in the past. It could have turned out very boring but the technology carried it through (which was of course pretty amazing).

I agree that the creatures were a little too derivative but then they were so well realised that it hardly mattered. This was more of a fantasy setting than a sci-fi setting I guess, with again small tweaks to familiar objects and scenery. Every hippie worth his/her salt has atleast once dreamt of glowing forests! One thing is... I would like to see the technology used in Avatar pushing ahead to describe more thoroughly alien worlds and settings (for example, the ocean creature described in Stanislaw Lem's Solaris or the beings/civilisations of Starmaker). There is a ton of great sci-fi out there with fantastic worlds just waiting to get on to the big screen.
K-19: The Widowmaker, some good actors like Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson..

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG