The online racing simulator
Quote from three_jump :iron sky, I haven't laughed so much since...
Just see it, it's awesome

I have to disagree. While having a very few good laughs, sadly, that movie doesn't really elevate above waylan brothers movies. Sure, i've seen worse movies, but it wasn't near as good or funny as I'd hoped it would be.

And on a sad sidenote: the cinema I went to was packed with neonazis in combat gear, all laughing at the wrong parts... But then, thankfully , even those people couldn't have misinterpreted the movie as being pro-nazi.
Quote from Boris Lozac :why oh why do yoy have to pay attention to their acting? That's just 'modern' and 'hipster' way of watching movies,

The skill of acting is that you take on the role of your character transparently, that the character is so believable you cannot see the actor. If you can see the actor his performance will ruin the scene, and no amount of explosions is going to make up for it.
The Hunger Games! amazing film!
Quote from thisnameistaken :

The skill of acting is that you take on the role of your character transparently, that the character is so believable you cannot see the actor. If you can see the actor his performance will ruin the scene, and no amount of explosions is going to make up for it.

Read the whole post, or at least watch the trailer if you haven't seen the movie. They are NOT the real actors. That's why i didn't went to see it with pen and paper, writing down all the bad acting i saw, because i knew they were the real SEAL's. And like i said, action scenes are better and more realistic to me just because the real actors didn't over-act them, it felt more real..
IMO the acting never really kills a movie for me, it's the writing that does it. Nothing ruins a good movie for me like some cliche lines or scenes.

My favorite example, the third Lord of The Rings. Right before the witch king dies, he laughs and says "No man can kill me" to which Eowyn replies "I am no man!" and stabs him in the face. Yes, a similar scene occurred in the books, but the way it was portrayed in the movie ruined it. It felt like something out of a film made by elementary school students. Really, one of the best film trilogies ever made, and they throw this crap in?
chronicle:
pretty damn good certainly a little different and easily the best dragonball live action movie filmed thus far

juan of the dead:
shame it looked so cheap in places but it made up for it by being constantly hilarious
Quote from Boris Lozac :Read the whole post, or at least watch the trailer if you haven't seen the movie. They are NOT the real actors. That's why i didn't went to see it with pen and paper, writing down all the bad acting i saw, because i knew they were the real SEAL's. And like i said, action scenes are better and more realistic to me just because the real actors didn't over-act them, it felt more real..

This was originally going to be shot with an actor playing Wayne Rooney but I think it's a lot more believable with him doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ9Vh7KyOjg
Quote from Rappa Z :My favorite example, the third Lord of The Rings. Right before the witch king dies, he laughs and says "No man can kill me" to which Eowyn replies "I am no man!" and stabs him in the face. Yes, a similar scene occurred in the books, but the way it was portrayed in the movie ruined it. It felt like something out of a film made by elementary school students. Really, one of the best film trilogies ever made, and they throw this crap in?

I think Legolas surfing down a flight of stairs on a shield while headshotting people with his bow was the biggest shark-jumping moment in those movies.
Quote from thisnameistaken :This was originally going to be shot with an actor playing Wayne Rooney but I think it's a lot more believable with him doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ9Vh7KyOjg

But if it was a football movie with POV camera you WOULD want it to be the real Rooney right? That's what i was talking about, forget about the few badly acted lines, the action is top notch.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Read the whole post, or at least watch the trailer if you haven't seen the movie. They are NOT the real actors. That's why i didn't went to see it with pen and paper, writing down all the bad acting i saw, because i knew they were the real SEAL's. And like i said, action scenes are better and more realistic to me just because the real actors didn't over-act them, it felt more real..

If it isn't a documentary, of real events, they are actors, even if their real job is the same as the role they are playing here.
I haven't seen this film but I like the trailer and the concept, even if it is rather obviously appealing to the Cod/Battlefield audience. For me the acting would be of utmost importance, and it's interesting that you say that although the acting isn't important, you appreciate the acting in this film :-).
Good acting is appropriate acting. A thespian, Shakespearean actor might be great on a stage in Hamlet, but that approach would not work in Juno, for example.

Anyway your comments made me want to see it more, and if the acting doesn't put me off or distract me, it will be good acting.
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Boris Lozac
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think Legolas surfing down a flight of stairs on a shield while headshotting people with his bow was the biggest shark-jumping moment in those movies.

:ices_rofl

True, it did really hurt to watch that one, but nothing gets me like all the crap they threw in the third movie.
Just saw Hunger Games.

What a load of crap.

Directing was shit, story was half told and made no sense. Obviously made for the sort of morons that think Harry Potter, Twilight and Transformers are good movies.
omfg, The Cabin in the Woods is easily the most fun I've had in the theater in years.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Just saw Hunger Games.
...Obviously made for the sort of morons that think Harry Potter, Twilight and Transformers are good movies.

Well yeah, person sure is a moron because he happends to have a different taste of the movies

Quote from DeadWolfBones :omfg, The Cabin in the Woods is easily the most fun I've had in the theater in years.

Yeh a friend of mine is a total horror movies fan, he told that he wouldn't classify this as a horror movie but it was something he had never seen before.
Quote from -NightFly- :Yeh a friend of mine is a total horror movies fan, he told that he wouldn't classify this as a horror movie but it was something he had never seen before.

Yeah, it's not exactly a horror movie.

I don't want to say anything else about it. Try not to read anything. Just go see it.
Just watched "The Guard", epic dark comedy
Cabin in the woods. If you don't like it, don't walk out. You'll miss probablly the ****ing greatest 20 minutes of cinema history. There's a unicorn for god sake.
You should probably edit that spoiler out.
http://vimeo.com/40005142

It's not a movie, but it's a lovely time-laspe with a nice soundtrack to it. For those into traversing into abandoned buildings and just taking in the sights, it's for you
Quote from Sueycide_FD :http://vimeo.com/40005142

It's not a movie, but it's a lovely time-laspe with a nice soundtrack to it. For those into traversing into abandoned buildings and just taking in the sights, it's for you

i love such videos like this ! was it chernobyl by any chance u know?

Btw i just bought the track for $1. my first one ever i think.its awesome
Just a heads up about Haywire, avoid at all costs..
Went to see the Avengers tonight. When it first got announced I had no intentions to go see it, but after all the positive reviews and so much hype I decided to bite the bullet. Got to say, it didn't disappoint. 2 hours of goody CGI action and humour. Again, like with any super hero movie, don't go in expecting some ground breaking story line... You will just set yourself up for a big disappointment and come to hate the movie. If on the other hand you want to see a bunch of super heroes battling it out in the same film, then you should enjoy this.

All the characters are different in their own ways which makes things quite interesting and adds something to the story, which is actually half decent for an action flick. The fact that the stand alone movies lead up to it is also pretty neat.

Anyways, I enjoyed it, and the packed cinema seem to have too considering the reaction after the film.

Now waiting for The Dark Knight Rises.
Død snø
As far as zombie flicks go, this one is pretty original and funny, contains a lot of stuff you wouldnt expect in zombie movie.
The way they were disposing of the zombies kinda reminds me of braindead and evil dead series.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Just a heads up about Haywire, avoid at all costs..

Ok, cool. I'll check it out tonight.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG