The online racing simulator
I've just seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... all I can say is "that's it?"
Seriously not up to the hype it's generated. Watching 2 hours (VERY LONG ONES AT THAT) of 2 extremely unlikable characters do all kinds of drugs and then behaving like retards just doesn't cut it for me.

Maybe if your perfect day is listening to somebody describing how he got wasted in detail for a few hours, you'll like it.
haha Squid Fear and Loathing is one of my favroute films :X

Well it's been a busy film week for me.

M: Watched this and knew I would love it after the opening 5 minutes. Never have I been in such suspense before from a film. Truly a masterpiece!

2 Days in Paris: Wasn't sure what type of film it was just happened to catch it on tv. Well it was the first romantic comedy I have ever enjoyed. was very good (Also they watched "M" in it. was spooky to see that scene twice in one day)

Before sunrise: Well thaught I would try another romantic film. Was blown away by this film. They managed to keep the talk intresting for the full time. Also I loved the camera angles and general photography of Vienna. The awkwardness of the characters was palpable.

Before sunset: Thaught I would catch up with them 9 years later. Was a good sequel and the emotion was very tense. Great ending too!

The science of sleep: I love the Gondry music videos and din't know what this would be like. MAD it is the only way to describe it. The lead character is bordeline crazy and the bohemian people he meets are equally crazy. amazing use of stop motion and dream sequences. Was very good but took me a little to get into. Cooky and french is the best way I can describe it

Manhattan: My first real experience of Woody Allen in a film. The photography of the film is superb, as was the musical score. It all tied together perfectly! Black and white made it stand out even more to me. Must say other than Woody's character I didn't much like the characters/acting.

Double Indemnity: Oh my god, reminded me of a less glamorous LA Confidential. The lead lady is so manipulative. This tied with a quick qitted but seemingly unintelligent man makes for amazing viewing. This gripped me from beggining to end, And oh what an end!

12 Angry Men: I loved the claustrophobic nature of the film. the locked doors, the total cross section of people. Absolutely stunning acting by every single character. The simple script does nothing to dull this film. I think it may have even helped it. Watching the characters grow throughout is mesmerising(sp?)!

I told you it's been a busy week for me

WIll be watching "Once upon a time in the west" tonight so shall give you an update tomorrow/later on in the week. I imagine i'll be watching a lot more films this week too!
Quote from xaotik :Triangle - an intriguing sci-fi thriller; the only thing I'll give away is that no it's not a Bermuda Triangle related movie as the title might imply.

Thanks for that.

I also watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which is Ledger's last film if I'm not mistaken. A nice way to end it all, I'd say.
Quote from rich uk :Well it's been a busy film week for me...

Stellar lineup. Before Sunset/Sunrise are some of my favorite films.

You really need to watch Annie Hall for your next Woody Allen.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Woody Allen.

Ah. Just watched Sleeper yesterday. Typical early Allen. Funny and very fun to watch but then again not really a 'Great' movie.

Last week was a Tim Burton week for me.

Beetle Juice - very good movie, seems to me like all other burton movies have been copied from this.
Batman - it had a 'feeling'. Much different to the new Batman, which is just so licked and without any rough edges. very good movie
Edward Scissorhands - supposedly Burton's best, but I must admit I didn't really like it.
For all SCI-FI maniacs out there, something else than your common action-packed Terminator/Alien/Independence Day (lol). This time a romantic movie with scifi theme. Surprisingly works, not so romantic as Love Actually, but you might make your wife/gf actually watch it.

The Time Traveller's Wife (2009)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452694/

Rachel McAdams looks gorgeous and plays believeable. Excellent.
In the Heat of the Night (1967)

Sometimes with films dealing with this subject (racism) can be one dimensional, i.e. the racists are evil and have no other dimension to them. However in this film, Steiger plays a police chief who is a prejudiced man but shows growth and sympathy, hence the deserved Oscar. Even Poiter's character shows sign of prejudice towards Endicott when he pursues him without the evidence to prove it.

Considering that this film was made back in 67, it's unique when everyone seems to hail Mississippi Burning as the 'definitive' race movie while this is out there.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Ghost Writer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139328/

If you can get past McGregor's eternal "half-grin" it's an alright watch, though it did leave me feeling it lacked a bit of plot development.
Wow, Inception is absolutely fantastic!

I'd suggest you try and go into the film without knowing anything about it!
The Human Centipede - All I can say is, WTF?! Worth watching even if it did seem quite low budget and freaky.

Haggard: The Movie and Minghags. Both films are by CKY (a handful of people from Jackass). It's basically Jackass with a storyline, stupid but funny.
Quote from JJ72 :One of the things I really want to unseen this year.

indeed, that movie is just sick!!!!!!!!!
Quote from JJ72 :One of the things I really want to unseen this year.

For those that haven't seen it, watching the trailer on Youtube will make your mind up wether you want to watch it or not.

Watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels after lunch. Seen it countless times but it'll always be a good'un.
Brooklyn Rules

Actually a brilliant movie. Good mix between action and comedy.

3 best friends going through tough times as they get involved with the Mafia.

Recommend it.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Agreed. Grossly overrated.

I'd recommend Inception. An elaborate idea for a film, which i must admit got a bit perplexing with the layers of dreams.. a dream within a dream within a dream thing. But overall worth a viewing or two. And as for the ending, well -

Oh and by the way, two websites to supplement this thread - http://www.jinni.com/ & http://www.criticker.com/

Wow.... i saw it today.. all i can say is '' yo dawg! ''..

Spoiler DO NOT READ UNLESS U HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE
man, the ending... in the end he never got out of the '' limbo '' ?
well there are currently 593 films in my vote history on imdb, what i saw in last few weeks was:
book of eli, repo men, clash of titans, last of the mohicans, braveheart, life of brian

clash of titans was ...just... 4/10 if you're 14 and bored at home, take your friends to cinema and probably youll like it

repo men & book of eli 6/10

last of mohicans & life of brian 7/10

braveheart 8/10 and that's what i would recommend along with life of brian
The latest Robin Hood movie was decent. I really liked it.
Quote from majod :
last of mohicans & life of brian 7/10

braveheart 8/10 and that's what i would recommend along with life of brian

Sorry but how could you score Braveheart ahead of Monty Phython's Life of Brian?

Braveheart is, and for ever will be, and embarrassment to the Scottish nation. Filmed in Ireland and with 70% of the plot made up, it bears now actual truth to what really happened, but as a direct result Scotland is constantly flooded with daft Americans claiming to have some blood tie to William Wallace and hoping that one day we discover our Freedom....
I'm sorry then, i'm not scottish as you can see, after i saw it i just checked some info on wiki, but didn't study it deeply...but i was rating a film, regardless of reality...
if i would known the true story and then saw the film, maybe i would rate differently, but now i feel it that way...

life of brian was amazing film, but most situations are the "british humour", that i hear but not laugh

maybe ill rejudge my ratings later, i was rating those films right after ive seen them, because that was how i felt it
Batman under the red hood

If you like this "animated" movies from DC comics and you like batman , watch it.

I give it 7/10, for 1 hour and 5 minutes, is good
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Braveheart is, and for ever will be, and embarrassment to the Scottish nation. Filmed in Ireland and with 70% of the plot made up, it bears now actual truth to what really happened, but as a direct result Scotland is constantly flooded with daft Americans claiming to have some blood tie to William Wallace and hoping that one day we discover our Freedom....

same thing goes with film Liberation/The Great Battle/english transcript "Osvobozhdenie", what is the greatest war film youll ever see (battle for berlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Hjs-I&feature=related ); its a soviet film and the problem is, that it was shot after ww2 during the cold war, all 5 parts are stunning, BUT the storyline is a BIT pro-soviet = battles, where soviets lost during ww2 are shot like no-one wins, or without end...but that doesn't mean that this film sucks, its 10/10 for me
Majod watch Stalingrad. A very good film :up:

Saw Inception last night and it was stunning. Great action and a good plot. The plot actually isn't very complex either just layered very well.

Youth in revolt: Just watched it and it blew me away. Was stunning, well acted and the awkwardness was there throughout. Everything was good about this film!
I was pretty disappointed in Inception, but it's still better than anything else out at the multiplex.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG