The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :I know "of" him, he's just a bit of a cock who tends to spout complete and utter bollocks.

Well based on that information me and him should get on.
Movies thread...
Quote from amp88 :Movies thread...

This annoys me, the whole point of a conversation, is that it can divert to any subject, what kind of boring people at a party, won't let anybody divert the conversation, and will only let the subject change once the conversation has ended. I admit that this thread has more of a on topic role than alot of others, but what's the point in being able to have conversations on here, if you can't say more than a few words off topic? I mean, wouldn't want it to actually become a conversation now would we?
Quote from BlueFlame :Well based on that information me and him should get on.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything but........

Anyway, movies, yeah........
Quote from BlueFlame :This annoys me, the whole point of a conversation, is that it can divert to any subject, what kind of boring people at a party, won't let anybody divert the conversation, and will only let the subject change once the conversation has ended. I admit that this thread has more of a on topic role than alot of others, but what's the point in being able to have conversations on here, if you can't say more than a few words off topic? I mean, wouldn't want it to actually become a conversation now would we?

That's a really poor analogy. You should have said something like this:

"What if you were at a movie release party and 2 guys came in and starting insulting someone else?"

See, it doesn't work as well there. If you want to bitch about someone do it in PM or start a new thread about it (and see how long it lasts). This thread is supposed to be about recommending and discussing movies, insulting people shouldn't come into it.
Quote from amp88 :That's a really poor analogy. You should have said something like this:

"What if you were at a movie release party and 2 guys came in and starting insulting someone else?"

See, it doesn't work as well there. If you want to bitch about someone do it in PM or start a new thread about it (and see how long it lasts). This thread is supposed to be about recommending and discussing movies, insulting people shouldn't come into it.

Nobody has insulted anyone for a start. This thread is about 'friends' recommending good movies to watch, which is the kind of thing you would discuss at a party. You must be a real killjoy if the slightest thing that's not related to the subject and you are mentioning it as if it's against some kind of rule. Most of the things that divert from an original conversation end up talking about things that are relevant anyway.

Bearing in mind that people at parties are generally under the influence of alcohol (obviously not you, because you're a killjoy) it would be very interesting to see how you get them to stick between the narrow lines you set for everybody about what is, or isn't a conversation by sticking to the same subject.

Also, what we were discussing was related to the thread because the person we spoke about had posted (some really inane things) in the thread. If we just randomly starting talking about welding or taking badgers to use as a back scratcher then I would understand why you would mention such things, for a comedy value.

And besides there was about 3/4 posts on the 'off topic' subject and already that is enough for you to start complaining?

con·ver·sa·tion (knvr-sshn)n.1. a. The spoken exchange of thoughts, opinions, and feelings; talk.

If one is not aloud to exchange their thoughts, opinions and feelings (that are related to the text inside this thread) then it means the thread has lost is purpose as an open conversation, wouldn't you agree?
Quote from BlueFlame :AtomAnt, seriously, what drugs do you feed yourself?

Quote from danowat :FFS, don't quote the tool, I have him blocked for a reason

Quote from BlueFlame :What's with the guy though? You know him!?

Quote from danowat :I know "of" him, he's just a bit of a cock who tends to spout complete and utter bollocks.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well based on that information me and him should get on.

Quote from BlueFlame :Nobody has insulted anyone for a start.

I beg to disagree...

Quote from BlueFlame :This thread is about 'friends' recommending good movies to watch, which is the kind of thing you would discuss at a party. You must be a real killjoy if the slightest thing that's not related to the subject and you are mentioning it as if it's against some kind of rule. Most of the things that divert from an original conversation end up talking about things that are relevant anyway.

Well, there's a difference between a slight bit of off-topic conversation (talking about TV series or other entertainment media) and spouting random nonsense and insults about someone (which is, by the way, against the forum rules as-well as being unfit for this thread). If you can't see that then no amount of discussion is going to get through...
Quote from amp88 :
Well, there's a difference between a slight bit of off-topic conversation (talking about TV series or other entertainment media) and spouting random nonsense and insults about someone (which is, by the way, against the forum rules as-well as being unfit for this thread). If you can't see that then no amount of discussion is going to get through...

If people feel insulted by the comments you quoted, they'd be better off not using the internet, let alone this forum.
Quote from BlueFlame :

Bearing in mind that people at parties are generally under the influence of alcohol (obviously not you, because you're a killjoy)

wrong. i was at my nieces 15th birthday party. 200 people. not one of them were drunk or drinking. (a party is a party.)
Blueflame, you tend to get your knickers all twisted up when someone slaps you on the wrist. maybe if you aknowledge that a movie topic is not the place to discuss the likeness between yourself and another user.
suck it up. move on. it's that simple.
Quote from dadge :wrong. i was at my nieces 15th birthday party. 200 people. not one of them were drunk or drinking. (a party is a party.)
Blueflame, you tend to get your knickers all twisted up when someone slaps you on the wrist. maybe if you aknowledge that a movie topic is not the place to discuss the likeness between yourself and another user.
suck it up. move on. it's that simple.

Well if it's that simple, we now all know that you're a push over. Also what relevance does the fact not all parties have the influence of alcohol? Besides, you're hardly going to get into a political debate at a kids party are you?
Quote from BlueFlame : Also what relevance does the fact not all parties have the influence of alcohol? Besides, you're hardly going to get into a political debate at a kids party are you?

you said..
Quote from BlueFlame : Bearing in mind that people at parties are generally under the influence of alcohol (obviously not you, because you're a killjoy)

Quote from BlueFlame : Besides, you're hardly going to get into a political debate at a kids party are you?

no, but you would talk about movies which this thread is all about.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well if it's that simple, we now all know that you're a push over.

please explain how me going to a family members birthday party would make me a pushover?
maybe to make you go away, we should break out the Heather Mills jokes.
Blueflame, is it that time of the month again?

Anyway, movies...

I've recently watched Burn After Reading: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887883/

Brad Pitts role was simply hilarious IMO.
Quote from dadge :you said..
maybe to make you go away, we should break out the Heather Mills jokes.

Oh come on that's unfair.......he wouldn't have a leg to stand on

I couldn't live with myself if I let that one slip by
The Spirit. Done by Frank Miller. Quite good tbh.Oh and Eva Mendes is hot in it. The girl from 2 Fast 2 Furious.

and

The Rock. Even better film
Quote from 1993weeman :The Spirit. Done by Frank Miller. Quite good tbh.Oh and Eva Mendes is hot in it. The girl from 2 Fast 2 Furious.

I actually found the spirit to be very dissapointing, it could have been so much better.
Quote from danowat :I actually found the spirit to be very dissapointing, it could have been so much better.

I thought it was alright, I know quite alot of people found it quite dissapointing but i did enjoyed it. I have to say it could of been a lot better. But for me it was good. There was just some moments i couldn't stop laughing. Mainly the bit with Samuel l Jackson in a nazi uniform. That bit got me off gaurd
Quote from 1993weeman :The Spirit.

I started to watch that film about 5 months ago, gave up after 20mins when some guy was jumping across a powerline like a prick.
Does anybody know the german movie 'Das Experiment' (engl. Blackbox; Wikipedia)?

I've seen this film years ago, but watched it yesterday on kino.to again after a long time
I recommend this to you because i think it is a really good film and shows who the mood of the people can change in extreme situations and how people make use of their advantage over others in a negative way imho.
Quote from Timo1992 :Does anybody know the german movie 'Das Experiment' (engl. Blackbox; Wikipedia)?

I've seen this film years ago, but watched it yesterday on kino.to again after a long time
I recommend this to you because i think it is a really good film and shows who the mood of the people can change in extreme situations and how people make use of their advantage over others in a negative way imho.

You can count me in Timo. It's in my collection.
Have got 'The Room' lined up for tonights viewing.

I'm expecting nothing less than pure gold.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG