The online racing simulator
Have just caught up on Resident Evil: Extinction and Resident Evil : Afterlife, which were quite entertaining in a "switch off brain, and laugh at the blood" type of way.

Anyone seen "The Horde"?, I've got it in "the queue" but haven't watched it yet.
I watched Rockanrolla a few days ago. Just awesome
I wouldn't quite call it that.. Snatch and Lock Stock are awesome, Rock n Rolla is meh in comparison..
Halle's boobs....meh
Quote from danowat :Have just caught up on Resident Evil: Extinction and Resident Evil : Afterlife, which were quite entertaining in a "switch off brain, and laugh at the blood" type of way.

Anyone seen "The Horde"?, I've got it in "the queue" but haven't watched it yet.

Thanks for reminding me. There was some sort of independent zombie movie i wanted to watch, but diary of the dead kept popping up.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I wouldn't quite call it that.. Snatch and Lock Stock are awesome, Rock n Rolla is meh in comparison..

Those two are a must, rockanrolla is a good laugh and very worth it, which is way more than what can be said about 90% of todays movies
Tron:Legacy... epic
Devil

I like M Night Shamalamadingdong films anyway (yes, even the happening), and this one was a return to form, well worth a watch.
Severance: A good laugh and the perfect blend of scare/gore/comedy for my tastes!

Centurion: My god it is a gore fest! amazing CGI used very well. Great acting and I did like the very basic plot actually :X worth a watch! :up:

P.S. Also yummy!
Quote from jrd.racer :Vicky Cristina Barcelona - Pretty nice romance drama from Woody Allen.

Not one of my faves. Seemed as though he was on automatic with this one, imo.

For my money, Match Point serves as a much better example of great recent Woody Allen. It's far from a romance drama though, and becomes extremely dark towards the conclusion.
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Black Swan: Pretty gloriously unhinged. Reminiscent of The Red Shoes and The Piano Teacher. Highly recommended if you want to be made extremely uncomfortable for a couple hours.
just admit you only watched it to see portman and kunis make out
Nah.

Though I will admit it was pretty hot when Kunis went down on Portman.
...in a creepy way.
hot tub time machine
50 first dates - Sandler & Barrymore

Italian Job was pretty fun too

p.s I never knew Mark Wahlberg was rapper back in the day zomg.
The bucket list, great film.
Tron: Legacy.

First thing to note; when I go to see such movies I dont expect a good storyline. What I do expect is pretty visuals and effects that make me grin like an idiot inside the cinema. Let me tell you, Tron just set a new benchmark.

Its absolutely gorgeous. The scenery, lighting effects, fighting scenes; all looked amazing. What can I say, I'm a sucker for such things.

To top it all off, Daft Punk. The soundtrack is brilliant! It was "pumping" and gave the movie a whole different atmosphere IMO. It couldnt have been better. At times I felt like I was in a club and just wanted to get up and move to the beats.

Oh and "Olivia Wilde" looked so damn hot. But.... Not as hot as, "Gem". (Beau Garrett). I mean, wow.

Anyway, to sum it up.... DO NOT go see it if you are looking for a gripping storyline. Thats not what its about. Do go see it if you want some awesome special effects, visuals and hot chicks in tight costumes.

Oh, 3D is not really worth it. There are only a couple of scenes where you can clearly see the effect.
TRON indeed looked great. I would have maybe preferred more time given to the exploration of the computer generated world than character development, since all of the characters felt very unconvincing anyway. The plot really was pretty crap.

The 'Games' scenes managed to be awesome the second time around.
Well, it's not like that the original Tron had a great story, but it was enjoyable and served it's purpose.

I'm really looking forward to see the visuals in all their glory and hear how the DP score fits in (I suspect epicly).
I was fairly tired when i saw tron and managed to star falling alsleep after every action part. Gotta watch a 2nd time through less fatigued. Then again my brain is expecting a full fledged action special effecty movie when looking at the countless previews, and when i get to the talking parts and the story gets explained, everything goes in one ear and out the other.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG