The online racing simulator
I've been indulging in The Twilight Zone for some time enjoying some rather original (especially considering their age) short stories and the joie de vivre of Louie having revisited it after DWB reminded me it was around.

In the meantime I've also watched:

Cowboys & Aliens - didn't quite enjoy it, the premise was promising but it jumped the proverbial shark at some point and totally lost me.

Conan The Barbarian - sword and sorcery it is. Luckily not with annoying-powermetal-stop-go-300-like action scenes as I expected it to be. All the cliches are in it; Conan was still not a bastard enough though. It's a movie you can have playing in the background and not miss a thing.

Soul Kitchen - started out great, seemed to have an interesting mix of characters and the basis for a good story but then about a quarter in they lost focus and the movie turned into a pile of boring slapstick.

Confessions - an interesting, if over the top, gander into the Japanese fixation with evil kids in a non-supernatural context for once. The cinematography, editing and camera work in this one was great - had some really nice imagery going on.

Toonwise I was surprised and impressed by Tangled, initially started it just to gawk at the graphics but some of the secondary characters really steal the show and get the giggles going.

Also saw Boris' Cinematic Nemesis and found it quite enjoyable, the characters were interesting, acting was a-ok, the cinematography was good and the soundtrack worked excellently with the pacing. Mind you, I did approach it with the director's previous Valhalla Rising movie in mind which I had enjoyed a lot and interestingly there were a few similarities in the storyline and characters - I'd venture as far to say it was the same story played out in a different context.

EDIT:
Typically, I forgot the movie that would keep my post on-topic by actually recommending something to watch:
Nueve Reinas a story about con-men with amusing characters embellished with all the synonyms of fraud, deception and swindling served at room temperature with ample backstabbing.
Just finished watching TT3D: Closer to the Edge which I got for Christmas from the folks. I'm heading over for the 2012 TT and they thought this would be something I would like....it was getting ordered if I didn't get it tbh so that saved a few bob

There are a few weak parts to it, some of the footage is out of place and the narration from Jared Leto while good, the American tone just seemed to be out of place in what is a very British race....but that is nit picking. Overall the footage was great, the story compelling and left me speechless at the end, can not wait till I go over.

Overall a great documentary and a recommendation to all. 9/10
The Ides of March is pretty good yeah..
Fright Night: A lot better than I expected. Colin Farrell was having way too much fun, and the kid from Star Trek was a big upgrade over the guy in the original.
^No idea how you could watch that. However some could say the same about what I'm about to recommend:

We Bought a Zoo: Was actually very good. GF made me go see it but I wasn't disappointed in the end. Matt Damon played the part great and Scarlett Johansson was just... mmmm.
Watched TT3D, pretty good but it misses something
Quote from PMD9409 :.........

We Bought a Zoo: Was actually very good. GF made me go see it but I wasn't disappointed in the end. Matt Damon played the part great and Scarlett Johansson was just... mmmm.

Ima watch this. Just for ScarJo
Ides of March - not in the mood.

Moneyball - a good watch. Brad Pitts character was an interesting study.

new Mission Impossible - good fun, the series still represents the best of the action genre, imo.

The Last Circus - couldn't get the enlish subtitles to work. Postponed...
King's speech - very good film and very entertaining way to put historical events into movie
Real Steel - Kinda fun film. Had me watching. Evangeline is naice!

(Timbalands song in the closing credits is awesome, just sayin)
Quote from Kid222 :King's speech - very good film and very entertaining way to put historical events into movie

Agree, this movie is great! Watched it with my family some months back, everyone enjoyed it.
Anyone seen Hodejegerne / Headhunters?
Seems to be Hollywood-level movie made nowhere near Hollywood. kewl.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Anyone seen Hodejegerne / Headhunters?
Seems to be Hollywood-level movie made nowhere near Hollywood. kewl.

Have not seen it, mainly because I think a lot of the Norwegian movies are overhyped. Just look at the shitfest of a movie "Nokas". Everyone thinks it's a good and cool idea to make a movie based on real life events, but in the end it just turns out to a disgrace for everyone involved.

The good thing about Norwegian and Scandinavian movies are that they try to have a more realistic tone to the movie, than for example Hollywood movies. The lightsetting looks more real, and not edited / studio lights etc.

However, back to the point, I have not watched this movie yet. It's been hyped in Norway, and that's why I don't think I will see it.

God forbid, it's almost as hyped up as S3, when we in reality really wants the god damn Rallypack. Screw you Eric
Only Norwegian movies I've seen that I really enjoyed were Reprise and TrollHunter (two very different movies... both very good, though).

edit: Headhunters is based on that Jo Nesbo novel, right?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Only Norwegian movies I've seen that I really enjoyed were Reprise and TrollHunter (two very different movies... both very good, though).

edit: Headhunters is based on that Jo Nesbo novel, right?

Correct
Dead Snow - Norwegian Zombie Horror/Comedy. Was OK if you like that sorta thing. Seen a lot of Scandi films recently.
it's been recommended many times and i thought i was the only one who havent seen it yet, so i finally had a chance and watched The Machinist. Perfect film.
The Adjustment Bureau as well for me.

Especially the tie speech at the start.
Few things still haunt me, have to watch Melancholia again...
Watched drive a few days ago, quite nice and refreshing. Loved the soundtrack too and the differerent POV it gives on LA
Catfish

True story of all the internet.
Oldboy

Don't look it up, it's got good twists.

It's Korean with subtitles, if you like ****ed up action thrillers watch it, one of the coolest films you'll see.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG