The online racing simulator
Quote from Migz :They may sound utter arse, but they will sound far better then what i currently have in my car (One 5w 3inch speaker.) And if they are absolute b0llox im happy to spend more money on better speakers, me and my dad just wanted to see if these would be any good, we like to experiment with lesser known brands.
And i think it was about £20-30 for the 2 front speakers, and 2 6x9's.

£30 would easily get you some decent, branded co-axial speakers which will sound good (albeit second hand).

Instead you've got some dodgy Chinese co-axials which are going to sound like absolute arse. And then added to that, you've got some 6*9's... which will admittedly give you a little more low end bass (geussing the co-ax's are 5 1/4"?), but nothing on a decent sub. And at higher frequencies (which it's going to be playing as I doubt you've got any crossovers) it's going to sound rubbish, and overpower the front speakers anyway.

Doing ICE properly needn't cost the earth... but it will do if you buy shit.
Quote from Jakg :£30 would easily get you some decent, branded co-axial speakers which will sound good (albeit second hand).

Instead you've got some dodgy Chinese co-axials which are going to sound like absolute arse. And then added to that, you've got some 6*9's... which will admittedly give you a little more low end bass (geussing the co-ax's are 5 1/4"?), but nothing on a decent sub. And at higher frequencies (which it's going to be playing as I doubt you've got any crossovers) it's going to sound rubbish, and overpower the front speakers anyway.

there's no point putting expensive speakers into a cheap head unit. the sound is going to be the same. if he's playing mp3's @ 128kb/s then those speakers will do the job nicely. same as listening to his radio. and if he's listening to banging house music, then i don't think he needs super high quality speakers.
how can you get high quality from your car speakers then? will a direct plug from your ipod to your radio do justice?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :He lives on Jersey, anything under 5k is peanuts to everyone on Millionaires Island.

Second time you've called Jersey a "Millionaires Island", which is quite amusing, everything is so expensive here. Buying property is almost impossible as it costs stupid amounts more then on the mainland. Which isn't helped by the fact that there are no jobs, and even when you do find one it pays absolutely nothing. Although perhaps you are right in calling it a Millionaire, as youd have to be one in the first place to be able to afford anything here.

Quote from Jakg :£30 would easily get you some decent, branded co-axial speakers which will sound good (albeit second hand).

It wont cost the earth even if i buy shit.. £20 on a few speakers, if they're shit they will go in the shed and ill buy some other decent speakers. Still doesn't cost the earth.

But I've seen mixed reviews on these speakers, half are saying that, as you say, they are utter shite. The other half are saying they are great quality and great value for money. Only way to find out properly is to order myself a pair.

I do have crossovers, not sure which ones they are yet as my dad has ordered them for me.

But I'm happy with my purchase, if they turn out good then ive got a decent system for pretty cheap. If they're crap, im happy to spend more money on decent items.
Either way I'm not at a loss.

Me and my dad are slowly working on giving my car a pretty decent sound system, so far i've just got random bits and bobs. But we've decided were going to go through each part of the system and upgrade it. Already got a decent headunit, now were on speakers and though we'd give some cheapy ones a go to see if they're any good, next will be amplifier for the speakers, then its a better sub + monoblock amp.
Quote from logitekg25 :how can you get high quality from your car speakers then? will a direct plug from your ipod to your radio do justice?

direct ipod/mp3 player will make it worse,it will be quiter
Quote from Migz :
It wont cost the earth even if i buy shit.. £20 on a few speakers, if they're shit they will go in the shed and ill buy some other decent speakers. Still doesn't cost the earth.

If their shit (which is a yes) you've just thrown away £20 - £20 is (almost) enough to get you a decent 4 channel amp.

Quote from Migz :Me and my dad are slowly working on giving my car a pretty decent sound system, so far i've just got random bits and bobs. But we've decided were going to go through each part of the system and upgrade it. Already got a decent headunit, now were on speakers and though we'd give some cheapy ones a go to see if they're any good, next will be amplifier for the speakers, then its a better sub + monoblock amp.

If you buy shit, then buy something slightly better, then slightly better again you are just throwing money away - it doesn't have to cost the earth to do it right the first time.
Quote from Migz :Second time you've called Jersey a "Millionaires Island", which is quite amusing, everything is so expensive here. Buying property is almost impossible as it costs stupid amounts more then on the mainland. Which isn't helped by the fact that there are no jobs, and even when you do find one it pays absolutely nothing. Although perhaps you are right in calling it a Millionaire, as youd have to be one in the first place to be able to afford anything here.

That is why it is called Millionaires Island. To be able to move there you have to be able to prove your wealth. Last time I was on a Channel Island (back when I was 14), you had to have over 1million in savings to be allowed to move to Jersey.
Quote from Jakg :If their shit (which is a yes) you've just thrown away £20 - £20 is (almost) enough to get you a decent 4 channel amp.

Are you crazy? £20 is almost enough for a decent 4 channel amp? Maybe if your also buying shit?! Id say about £100 is enough for a decent 4 channel amp. Even then id want to spend more for a powerful 4 channel amp.

Quote from Jakg :
If you buy shit, then buy something slightly better, then slightly better again you are just throwing money away - it doesn't have to cost the earth to do it right the first time.

Not buy shit, then something better, then something better again.
More like look for something good, find something cheap, get intrigued, decide to buy them yourself to get first hand experience. Then IF they turn out to be shit, find what i was probably originally going to get, buy that. Sorted.
Still doesn't cost the earth.
Quote from Migz :Are you crazy? £20 is almost enough for a decent 4 channel amp? Maybe if your also buying shit?!

I bought my FLi 900s for £31, my FLi 800s for £28, my JBL GTO4000 for £32 & an FLi 1000m for £18... admitedly, no Genesis or anything, but still much better than the HU's amp.

The 900s will hopefully drive my midbass speakers... i'd class 4x 100w RMS @ 4Ω as more than enough to power for that job.
Quote from Jakg :I bought my FLi 900s for £31, my FLi 800s for £28, my JBL GTO4000 for £32 & an FLi 1000m for £18... admitedly, no Genesis or anything, but still much better than the HU's amp.

The 900s will hopefully drive my midbass speakers... i'd class 4x 100w RMS @ 4Ω as more than enough to power for that job.

They're shit.
Quote from Migz :
Not buy shit, then something better, then something better again.
More like look for something good, find something cheap, get intrigued, decide to buy them yourself to get first hand experience. Then IF they turn out to be shit, find what i was probably originally going to get, buy that. Sorted.
Still doesn't cost the earth.

i think it's called taking a punt. very little risk and very little loss. but if they turn out to be good, then it's a big gain.
then how do you get the best sound out of your car speakers?

and so what if its quieter, just turn the volume up, with a good amp
Quote from logitekg25 :then how do you get the best sound out of your car speakers?

please tell me your kidding.
so you cant use the radio cause that might get static and sound god awful. you cant use an ipod which is the latest feisable technology for delivering portable sound, i assume a tiny smudge on a cd will reduce quality greatly...so where..?
Quote from logitekg25 :then how do you get the best sound out of your car speakers?

and so what if its quieter, just turn the volume up, with a good amp

A proper amp - a mid-range set of component speakers can handle up to ~60w RMS (using my Diamonds as an example here). A headunit (even the "4x50w" ones) will probably actually output 4x20w RMS if that... it will sound good, but with a proper amp it will sound a lot more "punchy" - this is if your going aftermarket, though... for a "stock" car the first thing you want is to upgrade the HU, and then the speakers, then you can look at extra amps, deadening etc.

Getting good sound in a car is more than just putting some new speakers in...

And in case anyone chimes in with "it's all pointless",, my current stereo system wipes the floor with my Z5500's, despite costing the same (and being nowhere near finished yet!)
Quote from logitekg25 :so you cant use the radio cause that might get static and sound god awful. you cant use an ipod which is the latest feisable technology for delivering portable sound, i assume a tiny smudge on a cd will reduce quality greatly...so where..?

You can use an iPod, but the problem is you really need to feed it through something - i.e. I run multiple amps, and have the HU split the signal up (i.e. the sub only plays anything sub 80 Hz, the mids only play anything over 60 Hz). However your iPod will probably have 128 kb/s music on it which isn't the best source to play from. I find a USB memory stick with 320 kb/s is good enough, although for optimum quality the original CD is best... however I can't really tell the difference just yet.
oh a flashdrive, thats understandable, and do-able to boot
Just odrered, but it's out of stock so I'm gonna have to wait 2 or 3 weeks til it arrives from USA...
Quote from matijapkc :Just odrered, but it's out of stock so I'm gonna have to wait 2 or 3 weeks til it arrives from USA...

Nice I´m proud Zippo owner myselfe But i prefer the blank ones

Got myselfe a 32 gig Iphone 4

I know im a huge faggot now lol
pretty much most of these
Attached images
last purchase.JPG
Quote from BastianB :Nice I´m proud Zippo owner myselfe But i prefer the blank ones

Got myselfe a 32 gig Iphone 4

I know im a huge faggot now lol

Is it really that awesome? I want a new phone and I'm trying to get over the apple fanboyism hatred I have and consider this phone aswell
Quote from BastianB :Nice I´m proud Zippo owner myselfe But i prefer the blank ones

This is the first Zippo I'm gonna get, and it was pretty cheap, even cheaper than the blank ones, I also find it cool, so I went for that one.
Quote from (SaM) :

I did the exact same thing last week.
Revenge of the Titans is HARD?!
My family's purchases:

Car battery charger

1998 Toyota Corolla Hatch (Jap Import) Automatic, Light colour leather interior
Some of this

@ 121.9p per litre - £32 for HALF a tank of petrol in an 03 Ford Focus!

and one of these (not same one, but a shovel none the less) for my 130 mile trip from a small town in the pennines in County Durham to Nottinghamshire!

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG