The online racing simulator

Vast amounts of this stuff.

Oh and a set of these.
Quote from Jakg :Hz = Frequency = How often stuff happens.

Ms = Time = How long something takes.

Incomparable.

Then why the **** the guy at the local pc equip shop told me that 5ms equals to 75Hz?

I thought it was the way you wrote it since he told me that sh!t of his...

Also, Hz, how often stuff happens in 1 second...
Quote from matijapkc :Then why the **** the guy at the local pc equip shop told me that 5ms equals to 75Hz?

I thought it was the way you wrote it since he told me that sh!t of his...

Also, Hz, how often stuff happens in 1 second...

75 Hz = 75 every second = 0.013333... seconds between frames = 13.333... ms between frames.
via amazon:

Inception DVD
Paul Kalkbrenner Live Documentary
Etui for my Sony Ericsson Vivaz

^this
exchanged some of these
Quote from Greboth :...

USB? if not. it might be an idea to look into buying a usb sound card (is it just me or does writing "an USB" just look wrong?). this will turn any headset into usb. this means teamspeak on the headphones, games on the speakers. and it's so easy to switch between. i have 2 soundcards and i have my headset set up this way.

Set of 4 to replace the shitty budget tyres on my Corsa. In 215/35/18's they aren't exactly cheap but got these Falken FK452s for £300 + £25 fitting.

Win.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Set of 4 to replace the shitty budget tyres on my Corsa. In 215/35/18's they aren't exactly cheap but got these Falken FK452s for £300 + £25 fitting.

Win.

Why put 18" wheels on a Corsa? All you're doing is blunting the already non-existent 0-60 time and the slight increase in top speed is irrelevant because you don't have the power to max it anyway. Plus with that sort of profile you actually ruin handling, not improve it.
I am aware of the implications of tyre sizes.

They were the tyre sizes fitted as standard. When I say standard, I mean when I bought it...the car was slammed at the back so while I could get a /45 profile (what I wanted) at the front, they would probably rub in the arches at the back.

My car is for relaxing, driving to work, cruising with friends. If I want 0-60, my bike will do that in 3 seconds (and 100 in 7, but I never speed! :hide

When I can actually afford to have a bit of spare cash, my next car will be perhaps another 1.4 Corsa, or hopefully a 1.8 SRI Corsa C, tastefully modified...I have the vision of exactly how I want it in my head. Not chavvy, but very tasteful, slightly raspy exhaust, if it's a 1.8 then a full exhaust system, chipped with air intake, perhaps fast road cams to give a lovely 160bhp at the wheels. Drop the whole car 30mm on performance coilovers for aesthetics, fit Vredestein Sessantas or Toyo Proxy T1R onto some 16 wheels and bob is my uncle (he isn't).
Quote from dadge :USB? if not. it might be an idea to look into buying a usb sound card (is it just me or does writing "an USB" just look wrong?). this will turn any headset into usb. this means teamspeak on the headphones, games on the speakers. and it's so easy to switch between. i have 2 soundcards and i have my headset set up this way.

Hmmm interesting, will have to remember that as could come in useful. At the moment tend to only be using mic for pre/post race chats so both being on headset isn't too important. Having enough trouble deciding between my xonar dg or X-Fi Fatal1ty pro cards without adding anymore for now.
Black Ops and 3 months XBOX live :P
Quote from Greboth :Hmmm interesting, will have to remember that as could come in useful. At the moment tend to only be using mic for pre/post race chats so both being on headset isn't too important. Having enough trouble deciding between my xonar dg or X-Fi Fatal1ty pro cards without adding anymore for now.

i have the Xonar DS. installed with 0 issues. my on-board is the one i use for TS as it's a lower quality card. and the difference is quite noticeable compared to the xonar. the xonar has no earth loop either so it's great for recording my mixes with.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I am aware of the implications of tyre sizes.

They were the tyre sizes fitted as standard. When I say standard, I mean when I bought it...the car was slammed at the back so while I could get a /45 profile (what I wanted) at the front, they would probably rub in the arches at the back.

My car is for relaxing, driving to work, cruising with friends. If I want 0-60, my bike will do that in 3 seconds (and 100 in 7, but I never speed! :hide

When I can actually afford to have a bit of spare cash, my next car will be perhaps another 1.4 Corsa, or hopefully a 1.8 SRI Corsa C, tastefully modified...I have the vision of exactly how I want it in my head. Not chavvy, but very tasteful, slightly raspy exhaust, if it's a 1.8 then a full exhaust system, chipped with air intake, perhaps fast road cams to give a lovely 160bhp at the wheels. Drop the whole car 30mm on performance coilovers for aesthetics, fit Vredestein Sessantas or Toyo Proxy T1R onto some 16 wheels and bob is my uncle (he isn't).

The fact you actually paid money for that car means you don't actually know what tastefully modded means. In fact the old owner is probably laughing his balls off because you paid extra for a ruined car and I don't just mean the bodykit. I would put £5 on the fact that car has been trashed from cold more times than I've had hot dinners. It isn't just 0-60 that gets trashed by big wheels either.

In the last 24 years, the number of tastefully modded cars I've seen can be counted on both hands. If you really want to tastefully mod a car, spend money on real performance but keep it looking as bone stock as possible. Also, avoid ricey upgrades like a "sports filter" as more often than not, the heat soak alone will undo any power gains. That little air box does more than just house an air filter.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The fact you actually paid money for that car means you don't actually know what tastefully modded means. In fact the old owner is probably laughing his balls off because you paid extra for a ruined car and I don't just mean the bodykit. I would put £5 on the fact that car has been trashed from cold more times than I've had hot dinners. It isn't just 0-60 that gets trashed by big wheels either.

In the last 24 years, the number of tastefully modded cars I've seen can be counted on both hands. If you really want to tastefully mod a car, spend money on real performance but keep it looking as bone stock as possible. Also, avoid ricey upgrades like a "sports filter" as more often than not, the heat soak alone will undo any power gains. That little air box does more than just house an air filter.

Bleh.

Not gonna get into an argument with you about this. It was cheap and mechanically pretty good...bodywork wise, yes was a bit rough but it's mostly fixed now. Why would I want to performance modify a Corsa but leave the exterior standard? Corsa's are a dime a dozen....and they need a few mods to make them stand out from any of the other ones. Induction kit may or may not increase actual performance, but they sound nice...as does the exhaust. My car is quicker than my Dad's 1.4 Corsa C Exclusiv which has done 55k as opposed to my cars 82k.

I take pride in my bike. That is my baby. That is new, spotless, unmarked, tastefully modded because I had money. After buying said bike I don't have money. My car is something which is there to get me to and from work, the shops, etc. When I can scrape together £3.5k or so, then I can trade "up" to another Corsa C that is tastefully modifed, such as these below

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3403/corsa014an5.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 713_7947272_4753413_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 863_4070877_1225035_n.jpg - Probably what I would like mine to look like, but not quite so tuned...this has over 180bhp, 150 would be fine for me.
ughh
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Bleh.

Not gonna get into an argument with you about this. It was cheap and mechanically pretty good...bodywork wise, yes was a bit rough but it's mostly fixed now. Why would I want to performance modify a Corsa but leave the exterior standard? Corsa's are a dime a dozen....and they need a few mods to make them stand out from any of the other ones. Induction kit may or may not increase actual performance, but they sound nice...as does the exhaust. My car is quicker than my Dad's 1.4 Corsa C Exclusiv which has done 55k as opposed to my cars 82k.

I take pride in my bike. That is my baby. That is new, spotless, unmarked, tastefully modded because I had money. After buying said bike I don't have money. My car is something which is there to get me to and from work, the shops, etc. When I can scrape together £3.5k or so, then I can trade "up" to another Corsa C that is tastefully modifed, such as these below

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3403/corsa014an5.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 713_7947272_4753413_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 863_4070877_1225035_n.jpg - Probably what I would like mine to look like, but not quite so tuned...this has over 180bhp, 150 would be fine for me.

Corsa's are a dime a dozen, but so are horridly modified ones. They all look the same too. Horrid paintjob. Check. Tacky bodykit that everyone else uses. Check. Recycled wing mirrors. Check. Oversized wheels with a slither of rubber. Check. No spring left in the coils. Check. Tinted windows. Check.

The point of not touching the outside is that it actually does stand out. When you give it a bootfull and take down bigger flasher cars in the process, it really stands out.

+

No clue if they will be good, but got them second hand dirt cheap so not a big loss if they arent.
Ew. Just ew.

They are going to sound like utter, utte arse.

How cheap is "dirt cheap?"
They may sound utter arse, but they will sound far better then what i currently have in my car (One 5w 3inch speaker.) And if they are absolute b0llox im happy to spend more money on better speakers, me and my dad just wanted to see if these would be any good, we like to experiment with lesser known brands.
And i think it was about £20-30 for the 2 front speakers, and 2 6x9's.
Quote from Jakg :Ew. Just ew.

They are going to sound like utter, utte arse.

How cheap is "dirt cheap?"

He lives on Jersey, anything under 5k is peanuts to everyone on Millionaires Island.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG