The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :I also use abs on modern cars.. it just looks too easy, maybe because of that camera, skid recovery force maybe?

The SLS in that event is on some Racing tyres, I forget which, and they just feel stupidly over-grippy. It also has a very understeer biased set up, but so much grip you rarely notice it, except that it seems incredibly reluctant to spin the rear tyres.

It's a good demonstration of the reason why I stay well away from grippier tyres if I can. The car goes faster, but it's way less fun and involving.
Quote from sinbad :The SLS in that event is on some Racing tyres, I forget which, and they just feel stupidly over-grippy. It also has a very understeer biased set up, but so much grip you rarely notice it, except that it seems incredibly reluctant to spin the rear tyres.

It's a good demonstration of the reason why I stay well away from grippier tyres if I can. The car goes faster, but it's way less fun and involving.

Oh, well now it makes sense..

I just beated the official LFA time on the Ring (7.38.85) by couple of tenths.. uploading to Youtube now..
whats LFA?

and you beat it? is that a WR?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from logitekg25 :whats LFA?

and you beat it? is that a WR?

Lexus LFA.. i don't know if it's a WR but it is compared to the real life time
Quote from brandons48 :As JJ said you win it in Like The Wind.

First thing you should do though is the Dream Car Challenge - Win it and you get a Ford GT LM Spec II, max this car with soft slicks etc, then go do like the wind.

I won it using that GT, the Minolota... OMMGG

Really?! I used the Minolta for Dream Car Challenge. I was ****ing rattled doing the Nurburgring with rain in that challenge.. I wasn't very fast.. so it was difficult.

I did have the AI's doing a pitstop after Lap 1 every time.. which was retarded.
-
My Vette does welll, but I don't use it a lot for anything.

I managed a massive lead at Monza, but Nurby.. I dunno what it was but No matter what lead I had.. I managed to waste it away.
Question about the RM's, is the colour random?, or is it related to the cars paint colour, or are all RM's the same colour?, I am sure I've seen different colours on RM's
It goes to a stock white, and then you can paint it which adds the accent colour.
-
I got nothing better to do! I'm B-Specing through now, as I don't feel like trying to get enough credits to find a formula GT. It is the only event I'm missing in A-Spec mode.
Everyone seems in such a hurry to complete GT5

My overall opinion has not changed all that much from the first one I offered. I do enjoy playing it, I do really like it, but it does feel rushed, and the more I've thought about it, the more sure I am that a deadline was imposed and the game just is not as good as it should have been.

I'm convinced that a lot of little things, like the WRC license for example, played a part in this 2010 release date - I can't see many Super2000 cars in the car list.

For me, the premium cars were a real waste of resources and time, which should have been spent making things work properly. I can't believe that when they began doing those, they already knew what they would look like once GT5 throws all these terrible shadows over them. They look great in "bullshot" photo-mode, but apart from that it's just not worth it, and I don't like the thought that these hq models are using up so much of the PS3 performance, which is obviously pushed to the limit because it's lacking in a lot of ways.

I would much rather have had "average" car models, modest brush-ups to each and every standard car, and an improvement to the environment and weather graphics. And this is before you remember that these "premium" cars took a claimed 6 months each, excessive time which could have been spent on things which would make much more difference than that "ooh look at the shutline" effect you get in photomode.

For that matter, I would take 12 cars max too, if it meant a general improvement and feeling of quality. 16 is a waste of time against the AI, and how often are you going to race with 15 people online (15 that you actually want to race with.)? 12 is more than enough for a great online race.
Quote from sinbad :The SLS in that event is on some Racing tyres, I forget which, and they just feel stupidly over-grippy. It also has a very understeer biased set up, but so much grip you rarely notice it, except that it seems incredibly reluctant to spin the rear tyres.

Its Racing: Hard if I remember correctly.

Grippy tires indeed, maybe too much, specially when you know that there are two tires that are even better (medium and soft).
I want to complete it just so I can say I have. Heck, I've grinded out a few trophies.. spending 400,000 credits just for the penniless achievement.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I want to complete it just so I can say I have. Heck, I've grinded out a few trophies.. spending 400,000 credits just for the penniless achievement.

Don't forget it's supposed to be fun

I think I've spent as much time in free-runs and one-make-cup-single-races as I have in A-spec mode, possibly more. The only reason I'm at level 19 is because of the Special Events which seem to level you up about a gazillion times faster than A-spec races.

I've done one B-spec race too, wherein my driver decided to spin his Renault 5 turbo 2, at the same corner at Autumn Ring mini, on every, single, lap. At this point I decided he would never "make it" in motor-racing and retired him from competition indefinitely.

I want to do more online races. If anyone sees me online and feels like some simple racing with standard (unmodified) cars on comfort tyres, give me a shout please. I attempted to do this with Boris but failed at PS3 chat Sorry to Boris btw.
It is fun, don't get me wrong. I have a blast doing the events. It's something I think PC racing games need.. is a bit more structure like GT... just to make it interesting. As of now it's too much "here are car and tracks" for PC racing.

Special events level me fast for sure.. but Dream Car.. 20,000 XP for a race. Mind, it did take me 30 mins, but a decent payoff for the effort.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It is fun, don't get me wrong. I have a blast doing the events. It's something I think PC racing games need.. is a bit more structure like GT... just to make it interesting. As of now it's too much "here are car and tracks" for PC racing.

Special events level me fast for sure.. but Dream Car.. 20,000 XP for a race. Mind, it did take me 30 mins, but a decent payoff for the effort.

Took me 30min JUST for the last wet race on the Nurb in my Minolta. Could of got the Kubelwagon round faster the way i was going although i finished with a 3min lead. Will attempt the 300km/60 laps of Grand Valley tomorrow. For now, off to online mode to pwn some French noobs.
TOok me 30 for the Nurb as well in the Minolta. I only won by 10 seconds though. The ford GT that was chasing was unreal. I do think I would have been better off with Inters rather than full wets.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :TOok me 30 for the Nurb as well in the Minolta. I only won by 10 seconds though. The ford GT that was chasing was unreal. I do think I would have been better off with Inters rather than full wets.

I didn't go off and the guy in second was the Jaguar race car, not sure what one (was white and purple). After just 3 sectors on the first lap i was 9 seconds in front and that turned into 45 seconds when i crossed the line. Btw this is without any driving AIDS, just abs at 2. You must have a heavy right foot.
I spun a lot, but it was going into corners my back end would just spin for no reason. I got to the point that I was using maybe an inch of lock (G25) each way to navigate corners.
Just bought a 458 Italia. Despite my first thoughts of oh god what have I done it might drive as bad as it looks. I am glad I did. It is awsome. And the looks have grown on me.
Quote from 91mason91 :I didn't go off and the guy in second was the Jaguar race car, not sure what one (was white and purple). After just 3 sectors on the first lap i was 9 seconds in front and that turned into 45 seconds when i crossed the line. Btw this is without any driving AIDS, just abs at 2. You must have a heavy right foot.

Oh God, please tell me that's the XJR9 I LOVE that thing.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :TOok me 30 for the Nurb as well in the Minolta. I only won by 10 seconds though. The ford GT that was chasing was unreal. I do think I would have been better off with Inters rather than full wets.

Damn, sounds intense!
The only reason I won was on the straight. Had I not added a turbo when I bought it, I probably would have lost. It was pretty difficult (1 TCS, 1 ABS, Everything else off).

I find with the Minolta for wahatever reason.. if you don't have soft tyres on, the rear just.. goes when turning in.. I don't know setups or I'd fix it.. it's just the worst part about that car, and really plagues it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The only reason I won was on the straight. Had I not added a turbo when I bought it, I probably would have lost. It was pretty difficult (1 TCS, 1 ABS, Everything else off).

I find with the Minolta for wahatever reason.. if you don't have soft tyres on, the rear just.. goes when turning in.. I don't know setups or I'd fix it.. it's just the worst part about that car, and really plagues it.

Upgrades with the Minolta? In stock form it can easily draft that XJR9 with no problem even with a lot of wing. I find that's too easy so I did the dream car with the Zonda R, a 200ps deficit keeps things interesting.

Yes Maggot, and the Silk Cut XJR9 none the less.
Yeah, I just kinda suck. I did the turbo because I kept sliding which hindered me. Then I realized I could put soft tyres on. Eliminated it but I never took the turbo off
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The only reason I won was on the straight. Had I not added a turbo when I bought it, I probably would have lost. It was pretty difficult (1 TCS, 1 ABS, Everything else off).

Try this HERE, it's for the GT4 game but I've adapted some of the setups here and they haven't been to bad.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG