The online racing simulator
There was a weird lag on the first lap, first corner of Deep Forest Raceway; Followed by some real close racing with a few of you. Then I spun into the pits on the last lap.
Quote from spiderbait90 :There was a weird lag on the first lap, first corner of Deep Forest Raceway; Followed by some real close racing with a few of you. Then I spun into the pits on the last lap.

My Elise only had 190hp and i still managed to lap you all
Although despite facing the wrong way at the start on the Nurb i had some pretty close racing with Jibber. Everyone else got pwnt. Apart from me losing connection 5 times it was a good fun night, especially as i won every race i participated in.
Quote from 91mason91 :My Elise only had 190hp and i still managed to lap you all
Although despite facing the wrong way at the start on the Nurb i had some pretty close racing with Jibber. Everyone else got pwnt. Apart from me losing connection 5 times it was a good fun night, especially as i won every race i participated in.

First race at Tsukuba, you in the old Fiat. I think you will find that you didn't win that one.

Anyway, the racing was clean (between LFS players anyway), and at the end of the day, that is what matters.
I just missed gold by .2 on my first attempt of the AMG challenge with the old 300sl. 8 minutes 49 seconds and 2 tenths.

Why are there other cars driving around...? At one point one cut me off and hit the brakes after I ran into it.
Quote from spanks :I just missed gold by .2 on my first attempt of the AMG challenge with the old 300sl. 8 minutes 49 seconds and 2 tenths.

Why are there other cars driving around...? At one point one cut me off and hit the brakes after I ran into it.

If you are quick enough, you will clear them with the best opportunity barely slowing down, if you are caught up by one than it's a slippery slope, I think it's one of the better challenges in the game.

The SL one should be easy, the SLS one is relatively harder.

p.s. I met a driver called P.Tanguy.......lol Tan guy wtf.
There's one here in the Dreamcar Challenge I'm doing.. named "Z.Pitts"

(Only makes sense if you pronounce the Z as Zee... American style)
I have enough of this shit AI, 80% of the time even if you are 3/4 car length in front of him and by his side, he will just steer into you at the corner entry, totally disregarding that you are there.
I finally got a Holden Monaro, it sounds Ok stock, but I love the way it sounds with a sports exhaust - sounds kinda like a V8 Supercar :cool:
Not keen on the Semi-racing or Race systems though. Not bad for a non-premium car.
Donuts from a stationary start feel and look right to me. Holden Monaro (standard car), FR, does it no problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnZGrI4q_J0

The RX-7 and 350Z, tuned I suspect don't sound too bad either. You can tell which is which by their drive by sounds

The more I play it, the more it feels like physics from the Time Trial mixed together with Enthusia. The coder for the Enthusia physics engine now works for PD, so it's not a big surprise I guess

Front wheel drive cars still aren't modelled that well as far as torque steer and some types of oversteer effects though.

Also the FFB on oversteer still doesn't seem to have the auto-countersteer effect, or maybe it's just too weak, and the wheel spin coming out of turns, when you let go of the wheel, that Enthusia had.
The wheel does go light when you understeer though or when you lock the brakes on turn in.

I did some drifting online for kicks, and after 2 laps of it on Eiger short, the tyre wear meter was only at 75% level, but the grip was just about shot!
Quote from theirishnoob :my tommy mak special ediot evo has 481 hp and is 1100ish kg...

0-60 in hoooooooooooooly shi-

schwitz:

Yeah Subaru with 507hp and 1100kg(?) is also very fast.
After driving the Minolta I have lost perspective on what is fast lol....the way it still accelerates way above 300kph is mind boggling.
When/where do you get the Minolta?
Quote from G!NhO :When/where do you get the Minolta?

Extreme series, Like the wind races. I won it with the stealth Audi R10.

So apparently nobody has yet done the Formula GT race? Would the reward possibly be an F1 car? 10 million cr is just too much to part with.

finally at lvl 24, final opportunity to earn some real exp and money with the AMG challenge, and it is piss easy!

Stats update:

A-spec level: 24
B-spec level: 19
Game Progress: 68%
Current Credits: 4,030,245
Total Wins: 148
No. of cars owned: 146
Trophies Earned: 43%
Total Distance Driven: 8,316.8 km
Quote from Boris Lozac :Which version is that, there's quite a few RX7's and i've heard not all of them are great..

The premium one the spirit R.

Quote from 91mason91 :My Elise only had 190hp and i still managed to lap you all

The other ones were all won by me.
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Chrisuu01
Quote from Boris Lozac :Which version is that, there's quite a few RX7's and i've heard not all of them are great..

I've driven the efini RX-7 and the RX-7 Type R. Both handle great, i prefer the efini, but the Type R goes a little harder.
the efini has little less ultimate grip but also less understeer in stock form, the type R is a better weapon if you can control the snap oversteer while late braking, there's probably not much in them, but tried both in the Japan championship and did better with the Type R.
Quote from JJ72 :
So apparently nobody has yet done the Formula GT race? Would the reward possibly be an F1 car? 10 million cr is just too much to part with.

The reward is great a........Caterham!, Piss easy race, the AI is still crap.
Quote from SAxor :The reward is great a........Caterham!, Piss easy race, the AI is still crap.

Do you still have any use with that car? can we trade with something say worth 2,500,000 cr?
Me on the ring. AMD Academy on intermediate with Gold. 6:59:465

Some mistakes here and there the last third but I'm very satisfied with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFthI8a_Fuc

Gotta admit that I didn't have my hopes high for the game because I've never liked the other GT games. But this is actually really good, specially with a wheel of course.
That looks too easy for some reason, what driving aids were you using?
The only "aid" I was using was ABS on 1. Which most cars have these days.
Yeah the ring is great fun to drive on when your bored

My times so far are 7:11 in a R34 with like 700 bhp where I made a few mistakes lol and surprisingly 7:10 in my RM Integra that has around 400 bhp but it handles great..

I'm sure I could go much faster as they were my first attempts
Attached images
Nürburgring Nordschleife_2.jpg
Quote from MyBoss :The only "aid" I was using was ABS on 1. Which most cars have these days.

I also use abs on modern cars.. it just looks too easy, maybe because of that camera, skid recovery force maybe?
lol, don't know. But I can tell you it wasn't my first attempt. I thought of adding some bloopers at the end, but didn't bother

Edit:
haha, nice picture lukelfs
lvl 25 now....rofl nurburgring 24 hr available after lvl 40.....I'll probably be married and have a child by then.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG