The online racing simulator
I want to painfully murder my granny driving brake obsessed b-spec Bob. He's so utterly useless at ovals even if I give him a way better car than the opposition has, he's still braking in every "corner" at level 23.
Quote from Matrixi :I want to painfully murder my granny driving brake obsessed b-spec Bob. He's so utterly useless at ovals even if I give him a way better car than the opposition has, he's still braking in every "corner" at level 23.

My driver can't negotiate a corner. In any car. Ever.
Quote from Matrixi :I want to painfully murder my granny driving brake obsessed b-spec Bob. He's so utterly useless at ovals even if I give him a way better car than the opposition has, he's still braking in every "corner" at level 23.

I feel you, really, it drove me nuts. Increase the downforce (if applicable), reset the diff settings to default if necessary (i.e. if changed) and get rid of the rear toe, helped mine. However, he still won't have a clue about drafting, he'll sit back and let everyone pass if he's on the outside, even if you give him a car that could easily overtake the entire field from last to first without drafting.

You have a bad driver, I had a level 12 driver dominate all the Nascar events. He pulled a big lead on the ovals, and so the other cars couldn't draft him

They're all different, try another one. A high aggression, accuracy and corner rating helps

--

T500RS GT5 rally video, seems responsive on the countersteer stuff. When I do that on a DFGT, I tend to over correct and fishtail out, wheel is too slow! From CES I think. Fry in the US are selling them already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUMAbsNZB4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ1PxATC_4g

Drifting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igN3gbmoz24

Quote : play with a Beamer and with Stereosound over amplifyer and speakers.
Difficult to say. they both make a sound. I would say the G27 is harder in sound because of the gears, and the t500rs is more damped because of the belts. The t500 has a fan, too. You can hear this, but for me it is no problem.
Anyway, the T500rs has no play! The g27 has little play, like "tic tic tic" when you stear left right left.

The powersupply is double size of that g27 and the motor is getting warm after 10-20 min. ( I play with strong feedback )
It seems that the wheel is adjusting for every different car. There are big differences if you drive an elise or an charger, in force and sensitivity.
Actualy the plastic wheel is in the grip almost like leather. ( it smells even like leather )
Seems to be very special material, feels like original car wheel. No problems with this.
I payed les than 500 € for it. ( will not give it away anymore )

Regards,

Laserpat

PS: I like the pedals too. I installed the extra mod on it. aprox 14Kg to push. I like the pedals ( Brake ). Sensitive and strong built quality. I play the F1 style, because I can not see any advantages to put the heavy side vertical.
There are also more screwholes in the F1 mode. The cable is a little short! You will need extension cable, if you are not sitting 80cm berfore your screen.

I have one concern with the wheel! When you crash in a race, and you are not patiently enought to to put the wheels staright, and you abort the race with "st" button, than the wheel is rotating very very fast in Zero position!! This can break a finger or a hand of a child! be carefull!

Quote from MAGGOT :Just beat a Toyota 7 at Deep Forest in a Ferrari 330 P4. Probably not supposed to be possible, but... wow... that was intense. I'm all sweaty.

That was that historic event right? I know the intensity. Beating the AI with the Ferrari 512BB was ridiculous, those races were definitely challenging. There is no way I was going to save up 20 mil to get one of those historic race cars.

Has anyone achieved a gold medal on any of the X Challenge special event races? Getting bronze was freakin' difficult! The time on each event was within 0.5 seconds from bronze. No wonder Vettel is an ef wone driver.

BTW the X 2010's down force makes it a scary car . The faster you go the faster you can go if you know what I mean.
Quote from legoflamb :That was that historic event right? I know the intensity. Beating the AI with the Ferrari 512BB was ridiculous, those races were definitely challenging. There is no way I was going to save up 20 mil to get one of those historic race cars.

That's the one. The first time I tried the 7 started first so I wound up a good 8 and something seconds back at the finish. I gave up and moved on to the second race (Monaco) hoping that the 7 wouldn't be there. Fortunately it started behind me so it wasn't an issue, but the problem I had was catching up to the other 330 P4 that was 5 seconds out in first after the first lap. Made it in the chicane out of the tunnel on the last lap.

After that intensely fought battle resulting in a victory, I gave Deep Forest another go and after a couple tries I got it. The 7 started third, so I figured that if I could get past it before it got to the front I was in the clear and I just had to keep him behind me. That proved a difficult thing to achieve, but I managed.
Finally got the FGT. All those special events and Nascar things which I finally completed have led to this moment..
Could offer an undriven 330 P4 Ferrari in trade if anyone wants to dupe glitch me a 2J Chaparral.

Finally made the b-spec oval race by switching cars. ZR1 RM -> fully tuned Spec II Ford GT did the trick alright.
Quote from MAGGOT :...snip...

That 7 was a b*tch to stay in front of; however the fully modified 512BB has an acceleration advantage, but it gets all squirly on the gas, on the brakes, and everywhere else, even with Racing soft tires. Taming that beast to get good exits for the straights was the problem.

On that way to first I drove it true GT spirit, crash into ever car while diving in on the brakes from a mile away.
Quote from legoflamb :That 7 was a b*tch to stay in front of; however the fully modified 512BB has an acceleration advantage, but it gets all squirly on the gas, on the brakes, and everywhere else, even with Racing soft tires. Taming that beast to get good exits for the straights was the problem.

On that way to first I drove it true GT spirit, crash into ever car while diving in on the brakes from a mile away.

hahaha nice. I drove it in a bone-stock totally unmodified 1967 Ferrari 330 P4. Even left the Racing Hards on it. The saving grace was the poor performance every AI car has in the final corner at Deep Forest, whereas I flew through there quickly. That enabled me to keep ahead down the front straight; the 7 could only manage to get beside me into the braking zone, never past me... and I made sure that he was always on the outside into the corner, too.
I won that historic Monaco race in a Cobra!
Possibly the most intense thing i've ever done in a game haha, i tried it out on Deep Forest and it just tried to take off over every crest...

BTW, if anyone wants a free Ford Focus 07 WRC, just add me, PSN is: StrokesUK
Obviously first come first served though

Also, are you guys all saving up for the P4 then? I get distracted by stuff in the UCD too often to save up that much
I used the 1970 Dodge Challenger RM fully tuned for the historic races. The 7 didn't have shit on me.
Used a RM Camaro but god its handling is plus I had to deal with 3 washing machine cars in Monaco
Spoiler - highlight to see message: That Stratos I won might come in useful for GT Rally Pro, though I already have a Corolla, Delta S4 and a C4 - what car shall I use?
c4 wrc or delta s4 (which i used, won win 25s to p2)
The Delta S4 smashes it, makes it easy
I was able to overtake 2 cars on the Rally Pro Event using a (tuned) Delta S4. Piece of cake!

btw, I saw this in the UCD and had to pic it up:
Attached images
Rome.jpg
Quote from Furiously-Fast :The I was able to overtake 2 cars on the Rally Pro Event using a (tuned) Delta S4. Piece of cake!

btw, I saw this in the UCD and had to pic it up:

You win it you nuggit!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You win it you nuggit!

Edit: When do you win it?
Quote from Matrixi :Could offer an undriven 330 P4 Ferrari in trade if anyone wants to dupe glitch me a 2J Chaparral.

I have one unused. Add hyyperactive and let's trade. I can only send it tomorrow though The car is on my share list if you want to take a look.
Added you.

Finished doing all the tier 3 season races, was super easy!
Quote from legoflamb :Has anyone achieved a gold medal on any of the X Challenge special event races? Getting bronze was freakin' difficult! The time on each event was within 0.5 seconds from bronze. No wonder Vettel is an ef wone driver.

BTW the X 2010's down force makes it a scary car . The faster you go the faster you can go if you know what I mean.

I've got Gold Standard, so all events in 'Spec', License and Special events.

Monza is easy peasy, Nurburgring is a bit of a ballache and Suzuka is one tough cookie.

My advice: Get used to the car with auto gears, 1-2 TC, 1 ABS, steering/stability based aids on. You should be able to silver with that, but once you've got to grips with the car take the 3 stability aids off because they're limiting your steering and/or speed a bit.

Completed the LeMans 24h in A-Spec yesterday, did it over 4 days and although it does drag a little it was still a lot of fun, first few hours were probably the worst, by about 12hr in i'd kinda got into the mood better and stopped looking at it as being a boring grind and enjoyed it, which helped otherwise your just watching the clock and it'll feel longer. B-Spec was completed before Xmas, hope they extend that cos it was a lot of fun IMO, watched the majority of all races while still being able to get some work done at the same time, 787B was my fav for watching endurances with and gave some great close races too. X1 was only used lightly when i knew i wouldnt be able to put much time into bossing Bob about.

Just need to do the 24h race another 4 times and should hear the ping of a platinum. Had hoped the XP for winning the 24h LeMans would require less repeats, but hey-ho, doubt i'll be completing it by the end of this month now.

oh yeah, and the X1 is one hell of a car, it can do 90mph around the Carousell for goodness sake! Around Nordschliefe 130mph is the slowest it gets for the most part, probably average is around 200mph, and its just one hell of a ride.
Quote from J@mes :I won that historic Monaco race in a Cobra!
Possibly the most intense thing i've ever done in a game haha, i tried it out on Deep Forest and it just tried to take off over every crest...

BTW, if anyone wants a free Ford Focus 07 WRC, just add me, PSN is: StrokesUK
Obviously first come first served though

Also, are you guys all saving up for the P4 then? I get distracted by stuff in the UCD too often to save up that much

so deep forest is in the game again?
i remember it all to well from the past GT series...fun track.
Ah, must have got it with a car ticket then, sorry!
That's a relief.

Who's idea was it to make the i-Miev a premium car? It's 42k yet it is a fat Kei car.
Attached images
Autumn%20Ring%20Mini.jpg

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG