The online racing simulator
It is grueling because the stupid rubberbanding keeps the AI 10 sec off you no matter what time you does, you make one mistake and they all come streaming by.
On the Indianapolis race I crashed on lap 17 which let 6 or 7 ai through. still managed to get in first though.
Until there is a save allowed after each race I'm not going to even bother....
B-Spec handled it for me nicely

Soft tyres did the trick, as they didn't wear down as fast as they should, while the AI runs on Hard racing tyres, and never switches to rain tyres starting a race if it's raining.... or vice versa, if it's rained the race before, they start on rain tyres, even if it's dry....

PD x Facepalm
Formula GT races almost fried my G27, specially at Monaco...
is there a way to effectively lower FFB for other wheels rather than the "GT" ones in this game? I set FFB to 1 and it's still hard as hell! ffs, i could almost fry an egg with my wheel lol, and i swear i felt some burning smell coming out of it...had to switch to gamepad for a while before it got on fire! im laughing now but i didn't back then...

i wish logitech would have a built in system like the fanatec one where u can manually set the ffb...

Another -1 point...that bloody car is not sellable...its hard to get 15M
Just finished number 3 seasonal races, a lot easier than the last two.

Went from $4.5 mill to $7 mill in a very short time.
Quote from LSDBlackWolf :Formula GT races almost fried my G27, specially at Monaco...
is there a way to effectively lower FFB for other wheels rather than the "GT" ones in this game? I set FFB to 1 and it's still hard as hell! ffs, i could almost fry an egg with my wheel lol, and i swear i felt some burning smell coming out of it...had to switch to gamepad for a while before it got on fire! im laughing now but i didn't back then...

i wish logitech would have a built in system like the fanatec one where u can manually set the ffb...

I had a similar problem, although not with GT5, and I fixed it by drilling a 3" hole in the top and screwing on an 80mm fan wired up to USB for power, piece of piss and means my G25 is nice and cool
Attached images
IMG_0003.JPG
The fan on the wheel is a nice idea, but the G25 makes enough noise as it is. The noise, on top of the sound made by my computer, would be ridiculous.
3rd set of seasonals are ridiculously easy
Quote from legoflamb :The fan on the wheel is a nice idea, but the G25 makes enough noise as it is. The noise, on top of the sound made by my computer, would be ridiculous.

USB is only giving it 5V so it's not running at full power, but I can't actually hear the fan spinning even if I put my ear up to it . I also opened up the vents on the back of the G25, for some reason they have went to the effort of making vents and then blocked them off so stock the G25 has 0 cooling, no wonder it gets absolutely roasting.
Quote from LSDBlackWolf :Formula GT races almost fried my G27, specially at Monaco...

The G27 is nerfed right now, not much you can do to adjust it.

Impressions from Darin on the Thrustmaster T500RS, which is not nerfed

Quote :On the pedal side, I like the Clubsports better. The wheel.. Is pretty incredible and like I said, drives like an ECCI or Frex wheel. I need more time with it and want to test it on the PC and with other games to give a full assessment.. Although it continues to blow me away every time I drive it.. It honestly shows how good the physics and FFB in GT5 is. I forget Im driving on the console and rally is amazing with this wheel!

Just beat a Toyota 7 at Deep Forest in a Ferrari 330 P4. Probably not supposed to be possible, but... wow... that was intense. I'm all sweaty.
Quote from CoolColJ :The G27 is nerfed right now, not much you can do to adjust it.

Impressions from Darin on the Thrustmaster T500RS, which is not nerfed

i don't get it why DP and Logitech havent lined this up already.
If they had the trouble coding those cool rev lights on the G27, why not coding the ffb also?

@ CoolColJ: where's the H gate shifter on that T500RS? and how much does it cost?
Pretty sure the T500RS h-shifter isn't out yet. So you can't have it. The clutch also doesn't work without it
Just got an altezza touring car for 40k from used car dealership, bargain 300bhp and it looks awesome for a standard.
Quote from LSDBlackWolf :Buying that wheel now for 450 quid is the same as LFS actual state, unfinished :P

capitalist pigs!

Well my thinking is for £450, I could buy myself an Audi 80E 2 litre which is for sale locally lol, wonder which I'd rather buy.
Quote from Xaid0n :Well my thinking is for £450, I could buy myself an Audi 80E 2 litre which is for sale locally lol, wonder which I'd rather buy.

Considering the soaring cost of fuel?, the wheel
I'd rather get a Fanatec wheel for that price! :o
Lol, the advanced race in the top gear track is just epic Like it wouldnt be enough when the freaking kubelwagen wont go faster than 80kmh, since the other VW come and crash me every single time in the 8:irked:
Quote from DejaVu :Just got an altezza touring car for 40k from used car dealership, bargain 300bhp and it looks awesome for a standard.

I'm pretty sure it costs 34/35k-ish... Either way, for what it is (a GT300 Touring car) it is a steal! One of the fastest standard cars you could get for such a low amount of money.
Quote from manneF1 :Lol, the advanced race in the top gear track is just epic Like it wouldnt be enough when the freaking kubelwagen wont go faster than 80kmh, since the other VW come and crash me every single time in the 8:irked:

It's the easiest of the TG challenges..
Quote from mr_x :I'd rather get a Fanatec wheel for that price! :o

Except the Fanatecs don't feel like Frex/ECCI, and aren't officially supported by GT5

It'll be about $799 retail in Austraila or so they say on the Face book page

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/tra ... rungsbericht&lp=de_en

Quote from Gigantoad :Well let me translate that a little better. Here's a rough outline:

Comparing T500 and G25 side by side reveals that the G25 now looks like a toy, both in terms of wheel and pedals.

The guy has tested G25 and Fanatec wheels, then went back to G25 which he preferred.

Button on T500 are all "micro switches" that allow for very nice and precise clicking. No jerkiness or such.

Shifter paddles needs getting used to since they don't move with the wheel. Compared to the G25 they feel massive and robust, clean precise shifting. Compared to this the shifting on the G25 feels wobbly and has no real pressure point.

About the FFB. Incredible. With the G25 you feel when you drive over a curb that the wheel tries to go into some random direction. The T500, on the other hand, just does it and in an extreme way. Great feeling.

When the car stands still, the T500 is confortably soft, but when the car exceeds 20km/h the resistance increases dramatically and you have to really hold on to it to turn. If the car starts drifiting at high speed this is unmistakenly felt by the driver. Trying to hold the wheel with one hand is futile, grab it or let go, otherwise it'll hurt (lol).

Pedals work clean, soft, precise without any sounds of drag/grind. The G25 seem to grind more, have some clearance and aren't as precise.

Connectors are on the back left and you don't need to detach the whole wheel to disconnect stuff.

Then he goes on how he was convinced about the G25 but he now prefers the T500 by a long shot and yadada. He mentions he played sims for 15 years. He's very happy.

One negative is when the fan starts up it is louder than the PS3 (not sure if he means just the startup or in general). But the T500 itself is quieter than the G25.

Then he adds, concerning precision, that drifting is child's play, you are flooded with with responses from the wheel, incredible.

Quote from danowat :Considering the soaring cost of fuel?, the wheel

At least a car gets you somewhere, the wheel is fixed in one place

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG