The online racing simulator
How about shuffle races? Those could be fun. Random cars with similar specs, and it shuffles everytime the track changes.
Quote from jibber :Won't work probably. When i organized a little race with people from here, half of the people turning up didn't stick to the rules (showed up with tuned cars instead of stock cars).

Fu.
Anyway yes sounds good, will try be there.
Well, if the conditions were like:
- max 299bhp
- min weight 1350kg
- sports hard or comfort softs
- no race cars
- only japanese cars
- tuning allowed

Then I could see a variety of different cars being used. Nothing is disallowing people to to try more than 1 car though. (and not that those are absolute requirements, just an example)

EDIT: I wasn't actually meaning today
Quote from CoolColJ :LOL, I just won one right after you sent it to me.....

LOL did you use it for those races by any chance?

I've been having a blast in the Furai She's a fun one!
Lol my wifes birthday was yesterday and it gifted me a Peugeot 905 when I logged to GT5! NICE! Remember to log on to GT5 on your birthday. Or you can cheat the system and make a make PSN account.
Quote from MAGGOT :LOL did you use it for those races by any chance?

I've been having a blast in the Furai She's a fun one!

No, I won it in one of the A-spec races, the MR cup or something

---

If anyone is after good clean SuperGT races, keep an eye on this thread http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... php?p=4499575#post4499575

The OP will post a room number whenever he hosts one, and he's using hard racing tyres now

----

And yes Shuffle races are a hoot
More info on that new GT wheel

Quote :
So here are some new things:

Wheel Features:
T500 has 2x modes for PS3

1) Force Feedback Mode
2) Emulation Mode

GT5 will use (FFB Mode) and will rely on the games options via what they call (Software Development Kit). Kaz experience from the Nur 24Hr has been part of their focus on wheel torque and precision.

For games that the wheel does not detect the SDK it will go into emulation mode.

This mode emulates the PS3 controller and will require changing options in the controller option screens.
Clutch pedal is not supported and wheel is limited to 270 degrees.
Their will be 2x Sensitivity modes to overcome a controllers deadzone in emulation mode.
Also an "Auto Return To Centre Function" that allows the user to increase or decrease its strength.

These modes are operated with combined button presses detailed in the manual.

Pedal Features
2x tilt positions for each pedal changing the angle.
Each pedal has 3x possible travel positions effecting the pedal resistance.
Long 10Kg / Medium 8.5Kg / Short 7Kg fitting positions.

The "Realistic Brake" adapter allows two settings by reversing it around. Strong and Stronger offering approx 14Kg and 16Kg of resistance but as Darin said and the instructions state this can only be used in the Long position. However that as can be seen offers an additional 4Kg or 6Kg of resistance.

Upcoming Shifter
It will be upto developers to decide to support the PS3 Gearstick as a seperate device or via the wheels VI PID. So we as a community should use our voices to encourage game developers to utilise this feature in upcoming games.

Additional Info
T500 will allow Pedals/Wheel/Gearknobs to be interchanged with official motorsport products however not all of course.

The future is open for a Special or Ltd edition model if they so desire.
(Not saying what/who but respected motorsport brand edition could be on the cards, possibly

I feel like acquiring a CRZ... I'll modify it a little to have some more fun with it, too. Should I go the Spoon route or the standard Honda route? How much of a difference in them can I expect?
ok im not spending 100+k on a car to do this...thats my only option right now.

and not spending a ton of money with the other option, modifying it.

so i need a little japaneese car from before 1979, any car that will do it i will take, so it could be really really cheap for all i care

and for the european classics one too..so thats 60's and 70's but this one i could get a car if i really wanted i imagine

psn -> tortoracer
Is there some sort of permanent engine degradation? My 787B Stealth used to produce 927 bhp fully built, now it won't do better than 924. Could be mileage related, it's got almost 20.000km on the clock
Rebuilding engine should restore that, no?
Quote from logitekg25 :ok im not spending 100+k on a car to do this...thats my only option right now.

and not spending a ton of money with the other option, modifying it.

so i need a little japaneese car from before 1979, any car that will do it i will take, so it could be really really cheap for all i care

and for the european classics one too..so thats 60's and 70's but this one i could get a car if i really wanted i imagine

psn -> tortoracer

I used the Dome Zero for the Japanese classics race. Forget where I won it from though...
I used the dome too.. Supercar Nogstalia cup you win it.

The x2010 is ****ing fast. I won it in the Vettel challenges, it's so retardedly fast I love it.

B-Spec dirver does pretty good with it.. it'll be my go-to now for Enduro races.
Quote from morpha :Is there some sort of permanent engine degradation? My 787B Stealth used to produce 927 bhp fully built, now it won't do better than 924. Could be mileage related, it's got almost 20.000km on the clock

Have you rebuilt and reoiled? I read that there is some mileage loss over time.

Stealth cars are easy to regain anyway, delete it and redownload from PSN, but you lose all your upgrades.

----

Someone on GTPlanet already has that Thrustmaster GT wheel

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57928602@N06/5327543141/
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Rebuilding engine should restore that, no?

Quote from CoolColJ :Have you rebuilt and reoiled? I read that there is some mileage loss over time.

Yes of course it's rebuilt, after 20000km it certainly wouldn't still produce 924bhp without a rebuild & new oil I ran it down quite a bit the past few days without rebuilding / oil changes, went down to about 866bhp before the oil warning light finally went on.

No need to replace it though, still kills just about anything you'll encounter in A&B-Spec, even at 866bhp.
Wheel impressions

Quote :Just one or two very firsts impressions because it's late here in france and i must go to work in 5 hours...

the pedals looks robusts and well designed. heavy, full metal.

As i said before, can't compare to another excepts the G25's.

the brake's mod is for me really an improvment (i remind you i had a stock
g25 before) at least in terms of feeling.

there is a lot of possibilitys of adjustements on the pedals. so i have set the break pedal to the left, as far as possible from the gaz pedal, in order to have a comfortable left foot brake.
good results for me. even with the central bar of the playseat.

the clutch don't work actually.

To devander, i will try tomorow the brake without the mod and will say to you
my feeling.

the wheel is another world compare to the g25, as expected.
very very strong.
for example, when you spin, it's sometimes (depends of the car) almost impossible to retain the wheel (gt5 ffb set on 10, haven't yet try another value). impressive, but for me a detail.

the most important is that it is very smooth, sensitive.
the strengh of the wheel serves the acurancy and the velocity of the informations that the game (the virtual car) send to you, and that's precisely what i was expecting to.

imo, a great leap forward.
can't wait to try this on Iracing... hope the support will be good.

the rim has no leather... a litlle bit disapointing for me.
good grip and pleasant contact despite all.

there is a fan in the wheel, a bit noisy.

nothing special about the paddles, well designed and sharp contacts.

very good thing the paddles do not turn with the wheel imo.

but it will take a litlle practice not to search them around the wheel after 3 years with a g25.

and that's true with the overall feeling, probably due to the FFB, very different, and the diameter of the wheel.

last remark, at this time, i'm not faster with this wheel.
question of time, i hope .

very happy with this product after aprox. 6 hours of test with differents cars.

beat the japaneese one..not sure with what, but it LOVED to drift with semi-racing suspension, almost no matter what i did to the springs. i loved it, and pretty much destroyed competition

but now the european one. this is gonna be tricky to find a car for
sent you a fairlady Z logi, should be good enough to win.

oh shit, forgot to refresh the page, that was 7 hours ago. XDDD
hahaha thanks mate, il send it back if ya want..otherwise the next hunt begins
anyone have that little Honda S800 classic racing car you get for gold IA license? Looks like fun!

In other news, what should I get to do the euro classic events? Everything in the dealerships looks horrible or costs $10M, and there's nothing in the used car dealer. Wish I didn't sell that little Alfa Giula Sprint thinger
The pale yellow one? It's a bit slow in a straight line but handles soooo good it's quite nice to drive actually.
Just cracked 10 million credits after doing the the last B-spec championship a few times. 1 Million each time through and easy when you driver is in a Formula PD car....

Think I might try that Ferrari F1 2010
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :The pale yellow one? It's a bit slow in a straight line but handles soooo good it's quite nice to drive actually.

Yea, it looks it I love those nippy little vintage racers, they look like so much fun.
The formula GT championship is grueling; although not because the races are 20 laps, but they are back to back and the last one on Suzuka was in the rain!

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG