The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It'd be a huge kick in the face of all the Forza knobs.

Including those who own a PS3 and GT5 (when it comes out)?

Anyway, sounds too good to be true, but let's see what we'll get when it's released. Sure would be a great addition (track editor)!
Quote from jibber :Including those who own a PS3 and GT5 (when it comes out)?

Anyway, sounds too good to be true, but let's see what we'll get when it's released. Sure would be a great addition (track editor)!

Indeed

Anyway, nothings confirmed with this track editor, I would how (if it is true) it will play out.

In the meantime, I've got FM3 to keep me nice and toasty through the winter, untill such a time as GT5 emerges
I reckon it'll just be an autocross editor, rather than a full-on tarmac placing job. Would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

Saying that, maybe the track editor comes on it's own disc, which would explain those shots of the 3-disc packs that there were shots of last week.
Quote from spankmeyer :Sorry can't hear you. Too busy playing my non-vaporware-game.

so yet unreleased games are "vapourware".

interesting. GT5's a figment of my imagination after all.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Man when did you become such a fanboy, your comments are redicolous!

I'll quote a line from some song from a concert I went to at some point last week:

"The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear".

Also about the TE feature, I dunno how it'd work though to create decentish looking tracks (in comparison to say that Tokyo R243 track that they've used for all screenshots and videos).
A track creator which can do organic surfaces with just a PS3 controller is unimaginable, maybe some sort of 3d mesh creator that you manupulate with 3d beizer curves? my mind boggles!
Also, it would be stupid.... IMO

All those great tracks that the devs spent hours upon hours doing to achieve the maximum and best looking venues, and then someone comes in and creates a shitty track in couple of hours..... How will it look against/compare all the other original in game tracks...?

Hope you understand what I mean...
Quote from DevilDare :Also, it would be stupid.... IMO

All those great tracks that the devs spent hours upon hours doing to achieve the maximum and best looking venues, and then someone comes in and creates a shitty track in couple of hours..... How will it look against/compare all the other original in game tracks...?

Hope you understand what I mean...

There's three possible scenarios I can imagine:

1) The track editor is decent and the devs approve every single mod track before release (sort of like when you upload crap to Youtube that gets screened first) they keep the content level down and quality up or...

2)The track editor is decent but helluva lot of horrible, badly designed, vomitly textured and stupid to drive tracks drown the mod track community and no-one gives a rat's ass or...

3) The track editor is limited to simple designs and all mod maps are boring as hell and no one gives a rat's ass.

Rfactor kinda pioneered the way...
I am totally unconvinced that this is for real to be honest. Unless PD have given this feature a lot of thought, time and effort to implement, since something like this could cause a lot of problems and really bring down the quality of the game, especially if people were able to upload tracks for download at will, however poor. It would contradict Kaz's continuous repetition of the importance of GT5 having the highest quality that is possible.
Couple of new pictures, including JR Rocha's (R.I.P) SEMA winning Infinity G37

6 months ago i'd have said any track editor which is accessable to the masses is going to be pretty fugly, even with LittleBigPlanet on the market (which is comprehensive, but not really easily accessable to anyone without sitting through tutorials and a lot of trial & error). Typically the only easy peasy method of creating a track is like building scalextric, 4 types of corners, straights, chicanes, bridges... and the end result is a custom track but a fairly limited one which removes the real creativity people desire.

Then along came ModNation Racer, our saviour.
If you havent seen it, take a look: HD SD

I have to admit, i cant wait to get my hands on this track editor, the video above shows the developers creating an attractive though fairly simplistic figure of 8 track, a reasonable amount of scenary and landscape, and all while showing what's possible and a couple of test runs, and they've created a track which would be a perfectly fine user generated content type track inside 5min.

If you swap out the toon graphics, and instead replaced it with fairly generic but photo realistic models, then IMO something like that wouldnt harm the GT5 community.
Okay, you couldnt replicate Monaco down to the smallest detail (is it in GT5?), and you probably couldnt really accurately replicate many tracks because I dont see how you could implement all the bumps and niggles tracks have... but from a purely fantasy track level, open green landscape, i dont see why something like Westhill or Aston couldnt be recreated using tools as simple as what ModNation Racers use.

IF GT5 has a track creation tool, and its still a very big IF, then this IMO would be the best way to go about creating something that is accessable to everyone. They showed just how easy it is to create an attractive track with various features, and with no effort at all. They're both Sony assisted studios, so some sort of collaboration could have been in effect... but thats just speculating on rumour
i'd pay full retail price just for a competent track editor like MNR's in GT5, likewise LFS, how you deal with so much user generated content when a lot of it is crap... i dunno, but just like in LBP, it doesnt take long before word gets around of what's worth looking at, and paticular 'artists' work is followed.
I've never believed we'd get a tool like this for GT, ever. I never believed it'd be functional and still accessable, but MNR shows maybe it isnt that complicated.

Eitherway, im hoping the ModNation Racer beta comes along soon, hell i'd settle for more videos of it in action.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It'd be a huge kick in the face of all the Forza knobs.

How so? Doubt there was many (if any) who would want a track editor

Seems like this track editor is just another reason for delay

I smell an abundance of 10 mile long straight tracks coming
So, with ModNation... How long will it take for people to create decent recreations of Formula 1 tracks?.. Maybe fix the Tilke-ness of them to make it good?

It looks very neat.

Lets do that with GT5, so we can have any ****ing track we want!
Quote from DejaVu :How so? Doubt there was many (if any) who would want a track editor

Whaaa? If no one expected it, doesn't mean all of us didn't wanted it. You're telling me you wouldn't like to recreate some piece of your local road or something, if there isn't big limitations to how long you can make it (at least the lenght of the Ring), we can make awesome Touge tracks, etc..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Couple of new pictures, including JR Rocha's (R.I.P) SEMA winning Infinity G37

Ugliest piece of shit I have ever seen.
Quote from JJ72 :Ugliest piece of shit I have ever seen.

That's one hell of a over reaction, it looks great in red on that picture. Well it won a SEMA last year, so i guess Kazunori son wanted it in-game..

best piece of crap ive ever seen

Well in terms of design, it is not eye candy, but the detail of of car put into the game is amazing. The guys at Turn 10 can't even dream of doing such modelling.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Couple of new pictures, including JR Rocha's (R.I.P) SEMA winning Infinity G37

That red one looks actually really cool!
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's one hell of a over reaction, it looks great in red on that picture. Well it won a SEMA last year, so i guess Kazunori son wanted it in-game..

SEMA is the automotive equivilent of a wet T-shirt competition somewhere in Idaho........whatever enters is absolutely diabolical.

Furiously-Fast: All I am saying is about the car itself, of course.

+1.

GT's biggest downfall is that is Japanese, and inherently, follows a lot of the popular Japanese Automotive sub-culture. Forza's biggest strength is its European content; Porsche 962s and the like.

That being said, I've never played any Forza game (aside from a few disappointing laps on FM2) and, even as a casual GT fan, I was disappointed by Prologue.
same here, no underpowered, popular cars...or trucks.
Forzas very american based though, i mean they use alot of the american names the european cars have the american boot lids with small licence plate room.
Chances of Rewinding in GT5, and more GT6 info.
http://www.gtplanet.net/yamauc ... at-rewind-feature-in-gt5/

Something that stuck me at the end.... it cost $60 mill to create... Woah!

As for rewinding, I actually welcome that. After all, it is in some of the newest racing games like GRID, DiRT 2 and Forza 3. No suprise GT5 has it too. If anyone is going to complain about it being unrealistic and it giving an unfair advantage to newbies who can't drive, (offline) I have one thing to say to you: don't use it.
Damn Forza rewind shit also in GT5.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG