The online racing simulator
Quote from R34GTR :I've noticed that too, when I first tuned up my RS6 it was on 894bhp but now sits nicely at 901bhp

lol, and how many miles have you do since? Whan an UTTERLY stupid design..
Not sure how many exactly, but was probably around 500
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes.

However now that I think.. the Kubelwagen challenge definitely sounds "top-gear"ish.. racing something ridiculous.

bearing in mind it did only just over 100mph before the limiter bounced it all the way down to 90, the first gear was so sluggish you couldn't get away quickly even when flooring it off the line, and also bearing in mind the second race is at le mans with no chicanes..... mental, if the crowd were real, effecively they would of seen a Kubelwagen crawl off the line at 2mph and eventually come round the next lap to take victory.
It's true of real cars as well, the oil in your car is not the best ... Replacing it with a performance oil will yield more horse power. This is also true of engines getting more hp as they ware them-selfs in. That's part of the reason why the first 1000 miles you should go easy on the engine of a car as it's the most critical time for the engine.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I know, but c'mon, is that really necessary? It makes posting lap times and leaderboards quite incosistent..

It'll be like in Prologue most probably, locked horsepower, locked setup and tyres, ie like the cars in Arcade mode
Quote from Inouva :Rain doesn't look so bad...

BTW do you have the cobra 427?, mind do the same track with the cobra, also with rain

Looks like nordschleife is the best track Design in terms of quality and all, so far is the best nordschleife track (Quality/lvl of texture/poly/etc etc etc )for a car sim/race

here - My Chromeline Shelby Cobra in the rain at Nurburgring. Note it's raining heavier here than in the Mclaren F1 video. Not a car I like to drive in the wet on stock hard sports tyres, it's hard enough to control as is in the dry
The car doesn't get wet unfortunately
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQLZNQ-heo
Quote from legoflamb :The ABS is too good for the price of the real counterparts. Turnig the ABS off in GT5 is most likely more realistic than the ABS set to 1 in GT5.

I feel the same.. though i never driven a car with ABS (have Golf MKII ), the difference is huge with off and at 1.. how is it on 10 then.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I feel the same.. though i never driven a car with ABS (have Golf MKII ), the difference is huge with off and at 1.. how is it on 10 then.

That's how it is in real life, it's either on or off
Though the race systems probably have some configurability.
If you want to brake into the turn then ABS needs to be set higher, but you lose braking power.

I've driven cars with both types, a front wheel drive hatchback and rear wheel drive van with no ABS, and my Impreza has ABS.
Can't say there is much difference except when you panic brake, then you either lock up and have to remeber to lift off a bit while everything is happening too fast for your brain to process, in the former two, or in the Impreza, there is a voilent chattering as the ABS kicks in and pulses on and off.

Sounds like a Brrrrrr type noise. No games have this effect and sound unfortunately, they don't really simulate real ABS but more ABS as used as an aid.

Braking hard downhill is when you wish you had ABS
Anyway all cars have ABS these days
Quote from CoolColJ :here - My Chromeline Shelby Cobra in the rain at Nurburgring. Note it's raining heavier here than in the Mclaren F1 video. Not a car I like to drive in the wet on stock hard sports tyres, it's hard enough to control as is in the dry
The car doesn't get wet unfortunately
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQLZNQ-heo

Thank you for the video

It wasn't expecting the car got wet "Inside" or in the body ( We cant expect too much from pd... ), Still, looks like the rain is better in nordschleife that any other track
Quote from CoolColJ :It'll be like in Prologue most probably, locked horsepower, locked setup and tyres, ie like the cars in Arcade mode

I really hope so, there's no room for that bull*hit on leaderboards.
They should split the leaderboards up by the driving assists that are available because the Forza 3 leaderboard for example, even if you set a lap with no driving aids, you will be behind people who have all driving aids on in the list, pretty much all the times set there had driving aids on, and if you wanted to get anywhere near the top, you would also have to use some of the driving aids, and there is no way of filtering the list by driving aids.
Quote from BlueFlame :They should split the leaderboards up by the driving assists that are available because the Forza 3 leaderboard for example, even if you set a lap with no driving aids, you will be behind people who have all driving aids on in the list, pretty much all the times set there had driving aids on, and if you wanted to get anywhere near the top, you would also have to use some of the driving aids, and there is no way of filtering the list by driving aids.

lol, well that would make me sell the game after few more months if it would be like that... properly done leaderboards can make me play this game for years..
Quote from Inouva :Thank you for the video

It wasn't expecting the car got wet "Inside" or in the body ( We cant expect too much from pd... ), Still, looks like the rain is better in nordschleife that any other track

There's not that many tracks with rain anyway, and they all look about the same to me

Quote from BlueFlame :They should split the leaderboards up by the driving assists that are available because the Forza 3 leaderboard for example, even if you set a lap with no driving aids, you will be behind people who have all driving aids on in the list, pretty much all the times set there had driving aids on, and if you wanted to get anywhere near the top, you would also have to use some of the driving aids, and there is no way of filtering the list by driving aids.

Only skid recovery force helps your speed, all the other aids slow you down. SRF = standard physics.
They have 2 leaderboards in Prologue standard and Pro physics. You could filter by physics type, car etc and you could download ghost replays of the top 10. It was pretty complete

But GT5 has a lot more cars and tracks, so it'll be a lot more complicated
Off to work, hope it's delivered today or i shall go all crazzeyyy!
It will take 2 months per car, and the first thing they will do is the Daihatsu Move, Suzuki Wagon RR, plus a S2000 UK edition which is identical with all the other ones.
Quote from JJ72 :It will take 2 months per car, and the first thing they will do is the Daihatsu Move, Suzuki Wagon RR, plus a S2000 UK edition which is identical with all the other ones.

I don't understand them sometimes. They made a Miata or a Eunos or something a premium car, when all of the other 15 variants of MX5 were made standard...surely they could have just copied and pasted the interior and changed perhaps the steering wheel (surely a quick job) and the speedo from KPH <180 to either KPH <240 or into MPH...not a big job..
I think its "up there", considering just how terrible some of the standard cars look, drags the whole look down to a level akin to a PS2 game in some cases.
Quote from danowat :I think its "up there", considering just how terrible some of the standard cars look, drags the whole look down to a level akin to a PS2 game in some cases.

Imo, the shadows and crazy blockiness of any obscured particle cloud do that too, except with every car- premium or standard.

I agree that several standard cars are TERRIBLE, but the good ones are totally fine, and for me simply improving the poor ones to the good standard-car level of detail would be sufficient.

If they want to make it look nicer, they should at least fix the basic graphics too. For that matter, I'd also like them to, or at least give an option to, turn down the smoke - you drive a corner with a small slide in a car with 120bhp, look back and there's a huge cloud of smoke, it's daft
It's official, I declare today the day I stop caring about leveling up.

on lvl 27 both A and B spec and the grind is ridiculous, the endurance event hardly worth the effort and I won't repeat the american indy race any more, any more I will develop and addiction.

If with any luck I find the Formula GT, I will race that event, but besides that I will only play online or track whatever combo I want to track.
Quote from sinbad :Hmm. Not on the list of priorities that I would have written for them. Glad they're committed to improving it, though.

The modellers need something to do, while the coders work on other things

Although tracks would be where I'd be putting in more work and the code base, but the PS3 doesn't have anymore juice and memory to work with - 256megs can only get you so far.
Need more options and consistency across the board. Would be nice if every track had day to night cycles, weather patterns and offline had the same options as online
Quote from CoolColJ :There's not that many tracks with rain anyway, and they all look about the same to me

I was talking the rain in the windshield, looks better in nordschleife that any other track
they look the same to me.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I don't understand them sometimes. They made a Miata or a Eunos or something a premium car, when all of the other 15 variants of MX5 were made standard...surely they could have just copied and pasted the interior and changed perhaps the steering wheel (surely a quick job) and the speedo from KPH <180 to either KPH <240 or into MPH...not a big job..

Yeah, like the Spoon Sports S2000 which just has a paint job and maybe a subtle body kit + hardtop, pretty much most of the painted standard cars could have been done too

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG