The online racing simulator
Quote from CoolColJ :

Is that the WHOLE of monza I see there? The historic circuit! Yaay !
-

By the way - people doing trailers, and pictures for magazines (I think!) have access to different camera angles allowing them to obtain different screenshots. I'm not sure if this is true, I remember reading it a long time a go in a PS2 magazine.
old Kaz interview - I guess this is why it takes so long

http://www.motortrend.com/auto ... gran_turismo_5/index.html

Quote :

On track modeling:

* Gran Turismo software designers typically spend at least one week at the track capturing data. Most of this is spent taking measurements, capturing hours of video, and taking up to 80,000 photos.
* The team uses architectural plans and blue prints to build the track model.
* Afterwards, it takes the team at least one year to graphically model the track.
* Yamauchi claims the accuracy of his teams track topography is +/- 1 cm.
* The Nurburgring took them a month to do, because all measurements had to be taken at night, when the road was not in use. During the day, they shot all the photos.
* Yamauchi claims most car manufacturers do not have the level of information they have on certain tracks.

Made some improvements on the time trial

PSN - CoolColJ
1:37:951 - rank 233
1:50:599 - rank 208

total 3:28:550 - rank 182

YES!!! Finally under 1:38 secs on the Tuned Z...only just though
On the laps following this, I was 0.3 sec faster over the first half, so I can get it down some more, if I can just match the 2nd half of this lap...

----

BTW PD put up a better video of theToyota FT-86 trailer. Lower volume of music... you can hear it starting and better engine sounds etc
All ingame from what I can tell compared to the Time Trial

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/tv/d8468.html
Sa-Weeeet! I played GT5P with my DFP a while a go and I've changed my mind.

This game feels freaking AMAZING. Can't wait now!
multi display rendering = time for Obutto racing chassis, 3 LCD displays and PS Eye for head tracking

edit - do I need to buy 3 PS3....??!
I think you can set up 3 monitors somehow
OMG why the hell does he have 3 ps3's?
LOL @ the number of fans. Must get really hot there.
Quote from G!NhO :OMG why the hell does he have 3 ps3's?

He runs GT4 on it as shown in the video. Some older fat PS3 can run PS2 games
Quote from CoolColJ :He runs GT4 on it as shown in the video. Some older fat PS3 can run PS2 games

like mine
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by Nathan_French_14
The alegedly official boxart, looks legit to me...

Yum yum yum yum yum!!!!!! Wow
That's nothing compare to what Project Natal can do.....it can read your hand jesture and give the AWD noob next to you a finger in Forza 3.
Quote from JJ72 :That's nothing compare to what Project Natal can do.....it can read your hand jesture and give the AWD noob next to you a finger in Forza 3.

Funnily enough, Microsoft hired the guy in that video to work on Project Natal...
Quote from JJ72 :That's nothing compare to what Project Natal can do.....it can read your hand jesture and give the AWD noob next to you a finger in Forza 3.

Cant wait to do that.
That Project Natal shiz is gonna be a fail and is not relevant to this topic so it should not be discussed here.

As for the box art, it looks fab!
Project Natal will be made by MicroSoft so it will be >$9000 failure.
Playable demo at the CES - I wonder if this will be the new official demo

http://wot.motortrend.com/6594 ... rs-more-tracks/index.html

Quote :
Yes, unfortunately we still fiddled with a demo version, but Sony PlayStation reps on hand assured us that the actual production game will perform just as this does, maybe even better, they hinted. The graphics are simply stunning and surprisingly quick to render. The minutest of details can be picked out with great clarity, from individual blades of grass, to an interior's every button, switch and carbon fiber weave. This is especially the case when viewed on the brand's newest lineup of massive HDTVs. Each display donned the newest PlayStation GT5 force feedback wheel complete with pedals and the aforementioned snazzy leather Recaro bucket.

Only 12 cars -- including the Toyota FT-86 Concept, ARTA Honda NSX JGTC, Tom's Lexus SC430 JGTC, Amuse Ericsson Nissan 380RS Superleggera Z33, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni, HKS Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru WRX WRC, Suzuki Swift WRC, Ford Focus WRC, and Nissan GT-R SpecV -- on four tracks (Fuji Speedway, Indianapolis 500 Road Course, Nurburgring Nordschleife, and a fictional Tokyo city streets track) were available for play in a terse 'Event' mode.

hint of a Mclaren F1 towards the end???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmtA0wQoS6U
Definately looks like F1...
I am going to buy PS3 Eye Toy.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG