The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
Who cares really? Do what you want. That release date was for North America, nothing confirmed for Europe or the UK as far as I was aware.
I hope they get the race cars pace right this time, the super GT/JGTC cars were way slower then there real pace on GT4(im playing it now so i just thought to post it lol).
if you are all talking about cheats still...forget about b-spec...theres autopilot in that disk you are talking about

so i had all that money, beat all the long boring races with autopilot and ai dont move, all gold licenses, and with all that money i bought a fleet of like 200 identical Honda Beat's
Wonder no more about the Premium tag

http://nzgamer.com/ps3/preview ... an-turismo-5-eyes-on.html

Quote :Thanks to SCEE, NZGamer.com was part of an intimate gathering of journos for a special close-up look at Gran Turismo 5 at E3 earlier today. Kazunori Yumaochi, the creator of Gran Turismo, was on hand to take us through the finer details of Polyphony's upcoming masterpiece

As Kazunori began speaking, aided by a translator, we learnt that Gran Turismo 5 would have over 1000 cars in its tally. Over 800 of which fall into the standard cars list, offering casual through to sports car models, many of which make a welcome return from previous GT games. The other 200+ are premium model cars, each one beautifully recreated from the engine outwards to satisfy any petrol-head

Although all of the cars are perfectly modelled, the premium cars offer little extra touches of detail that the standard cars don't. For example, only the premium cars have fully recreated interiors and the standard cars aren't designed to take structural damage in crashes. Asking why this was the case, Kazunori honestly replied that it was simply down to the painstaking amounts of time it takes to re-create them all. When you see the level of detail, it's amazing they were able to do even 200 of them.

Whats the fun of playing a game like GT where you just earn money for free? I thought that was the whole enjoyment of driving in a crappy old car that you bought used and slowly tuning it up

Even if its the release date for North America, if its signifigently different to UK then I'll just import it from there

E- It seems quite poor if only 200 cars have full interiors, anyone know if every car will have an interior view, maybe such as the GT PSP one where its just black with gauges??
So it seems there is no real release for Europe yet, Gran Turismo 5 is due out for PS3 on 2nd November in the US and just plain "November" in Europe.

I really hope it comes out this time
Quote from lukelfs :So it seems there is no real release for Europe yet, Gran Turismo 5 is due out for PS3 on 2nd November in the US and just plain "November" in Europe.

I really hope it comes out this time

i've never understood, are ps3 disks region free or what?
Looks like cars can roll!!!
Now, you do know those are just from pre-rendered clips?
Quote from Matrixi :Now, you do know those are just from pre-rendered clips?

Yes ofc, but they are still using the same models etc as the real game, almost every video clip for most games are all pre-rendered anyway
Quote :There has been much debate over what the difference between Standard and Premium cars would be in GT5. Speculation has run rampant ever since the distinction was announced, but a new article from Eurogamer got the facts straight from Kazunori Yamauchi's mouth.

Of the 1,000 cars in GT5, 800 will be Standard while 200 will be Premium. As expected, the Standard models will be cars found in GT4 and GTPSP, upscaled and optimized for the PS3, while Premium models will show a ridiculous amount of detail: "every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching, and their undersides have been comprehensively modelled to take into account a new physics system which, along with allowing for dents and scratches, can sends your ride flipping through the air during collisions."

Unfortunately, there is one more key distinction between the two types of cars: Standard cars will not sport an interior view. This is quite a dissappointment, as one of the key innovations that increased immersion in GT5 was the cockpit. Considering that GT5 has been in development for 5 years, it had been hoped that PD would include interiors on all cars, despite the high car count. Oh well, maybe in GT6?

Maybe I am dumb, but I still don't fully understand this standard vs premium lark
Well by what it says there, it seems the standard version doesn't include an interior or good texturing, whereas the premium includes interiors and good textures or modeling
Quote from danowat :Maybe I am dumb, but I still don't fully understand this standard vs premium lark

Standard Cars: Just like any car from GT4/GTPSP, but made prettier for PS3
Premium Cars: 200 or so cars that have been fully re-created [including interiors and 'full' damage] for GT5.
Yeah, I got that bit, but there is still some ambiguity over the availability of COCKPIT view in the standard models.
Yes, i still don't understand, will those 800 cars have cockpit view or what? I don't care about the back seats and that, just cockpit view.. I will consider wheather to buy it or not if it turns out that only premium cars have cockpit view..
Indeed... just a silly marketing thing.

Would anyone care about having 20 different versions of the Skyline? Don't think so.. I might buy a PS3 for this game though if it's good and not to arcade.
Regarding the 'rally' part and WRC part, it will turn out as i predicted... couple of dusty imaginary tracks and they'll call it a rally What a waste of resources..
Quote from J@tko :Standard Cars: Just like any car from GT4/GTPSP, but made prettier for PS3
Premium Cars: 200 or so cars that have been fully re-created [including interiors and 'full' damage] for GT5.

Well that's gonna really suck if it turns out to be true.

Can anyone explain to me WTF is going on with the front wheels on the TVR??
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well that's gonna really suck if it turns out to be true.

Whats wrong with them?

I hope all cars atleast have a minimal interior view, like on GT PSP but with some textures and gauges ?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

What you mean, cause they're spinning like rear wheels?

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG