The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
Quote from DeKo :With proper G suits, i reckon the F1 drivers could cope with driving that car, you have to remember that they're pulling 5G just now with no G suits at all.

I don't think G suit will do, fighter pilots in heavily banked turns are fighting vertical Gs, but F1 drivers in corners face pure laterial G, the neck simply won't coupe with it. well before dedicated training and some freak of nature prove otherwise.
Quote from CoolColJ :It's the same track as the GT4 version which is not what I call a wide track

It's not really that narrow in real life anyway

http://maranellokart.gr/site/i ... o_kart_cup_07/monaco2.jpg

eh....either you have a problem with scale or you are showing me a pic of karts as big as F1 cars.....

you just proved my point, your pic shows a road that can run 5 karts side by side, and look at the GT pic, there is room for at least 5 X1 side by side, so thats really twice as wide.
Quote from JJ72 :I don't think G suit will do, fighter pilots in heavily banked turns are fighting vertical Gs, but F1 drivers in corners face pure laterial G, the neck simply won't coupe with it. well before dedicated training and some freak of nature prove otherwise.

A support could be constructed that would cup the helmet in a turn and support the head. Make it slick so they can still turn the head easily to look through turns. If properly constructed, it wouldn't restrict the view either.

The problem is what's inside the head. Don't even wanna think about what the brain looks like in a lateral 8 G turn.
Quote from JJ72 :eh....either you have a problem with scale or you are showing me a pic of karts as big as F1 cars.....

you just proved my point, your pic shows a road that can run 5 karts side by side, and look at the GT pic, there is room for at least 5 X1 side by side, so thats really twice as wide.

Well here is the licensed Monaco track from F1 2010 - looks the same to me

then check your eyes, in the F1 pic there's no way you can fit two F1 in the inside lane, but in GT5 it easily can.

simple comparison, overlay both pics at the apex, green line is the gt5 boundary and orange is f1's.
Attached images
pare.jpg
I don't think the perspectives/field of view are exactly the same
The GT5 pic looks wider field of view, fish eye looking
Time is running out for their "we'll announce a release date at the end of October"......
Quote from JJ72 :then check your eyes, in the F1 pic there's no way you can fit two F1 in the inside lane, but in GT5 it easily can.

simple comparison, overlay both pics at the apex, green line is the gt5 boundary and orange is f1's.

You're really clutching at straws now. I can't believe you would actually go to the effort of overlaying both of the pictures to prove a point that no one really cares about and most would disagree with. Go outside or something, use your time more wisely.
This is why I'd hate to be a developer. You state "... at the end of October" and people get upset if you stray into November slightly (even though the beginning of November is at the end of October.

Pedants must be the worst customers in the world for game and app devs.
Quote from DeKo :With proper G suits, i reckon the F1 drivers could cope with driving that car, you have to remember that they're pulling 5G just now with no G suits at all.

Maybe yes, but for prolonged times of race, i dont think they can do it...

What kind of G-suit would fight the effects of lateral G? Through a long corner there'd be all sorts of problems with blood being drawn to one side of the brain/body, and no g-suit can do anything about that. They'd need head-braces too. I suppose they wouldn't be in those corners for quite as long, though
nano-suits

This is just.....
This reminds me some Sim race and a vw car...
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
What VW Car?
I knew that
That's probably going to be in GT5 anyway
Quote from speed1230 :I knew that
That's probably going to be in GT5 anyway

I bet it won't be. In the released package that is, maybe as DLC though.
Collector's Edition bonus - I'm putting in preorder in now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siC7CrzJzmU

The improved visuals and fireworks on Toscana
Grass, lighting, better trees, 3D spectators that take photos etc
Or it could be a different track. The fireworks were first shown on the RedBull TGS "horsepower" trailer.

Tree lovers rejoice
Quote from Gills4life :You're really clutching at straws now. I can't believe you would actually go to the effort of overlaying both of the pictures to prove a point that no one really cares about and most would disagree with. Go outside or something, use your time more wisely.

It takes 30 sec, slightly longer than what you need to post.
Fair enough :worried: But still, do you ever have anything positive to say about GT5? I know you're attempting to be a bit of a troll but surely it can't seriously all be bad to you!?
I guess he hates consoles generally and hates the idea that he has to buy a PS3 for GT5.
Quote from JJ72 :I don't think G suit will do, fighter pilots in heavily banked turns are fighting vertical Gs, but F1 drivers in corners face pure laterial G, the neck simply won't coupe with it. well before dedicated training and some freak of nature prove otherwise.

From watching the on-boards, the drivers only see the peak G loads for a split second.

As opposed to say... a Red Bull air race where the pilots might see 5+ Gs for several seconds. Even they dramatize the peak G "10.5 G !!!" but that is only for a split second too.

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG