The online racing simulator
Quote from 91mason91 :Yea was wondering if it was right to post it. Went for the gamble, didn't work out.

Did to me, I played the countdown riff just as he conked it.
I seriously can't sell any cars. What's up with that, any car in my garage, I go to sell it, it says

Cannot be sold,
Do you want to remove from Garage anyway?
No Yes

WTF am I supposed to do with 10cars that won't break 150bhp even when tuned!?!?
Keep them for posterity. It's pointless though...and I have about 40 cars and only 4 of them are premium (well I have 5 but the Kart doesn't really count...)

/me goes back to playing GT5 while waiting for Forza 4.
My B-spec driver destroyed my Honda Civic Type R doing a street race around London. I think 301bhp FWD is a bit too much for B-spec drivers to handle!
Had a blast in the Yellowbird earlier, courtesy of Danowat. Thanks

I shall return the favour. Not sure what you'd want, though. I don't have many expensive cars except for prize cars which you'll already have, and haven't modified many all that much either
I just got my yellow bird as well, gonna paint it black though!

Holy shit, it really does go everywhere sideways, if you just dance with it it is pure magic. You don't even have to drift it, it drifts itself!
Not too worried about getting anything in return Sinbad , just enjoy the bird!
Quote from danowat :Now up to level 25, pretty much had my fill with "career" progression, just golded the final AMG special, which was really, really easy

I want to know how you did since the rains ones to me were easy but the dry ones I just cant get gold.
Just need to learn the track enough, you think you know it, but until you study it corner by corner you will be surprised how many seconds you can find on the ring.

there are many curbs you can ride and there's a lot of time to gain from that.
Yup, as above, riding the kerbs, and taking quite a bit of an advantage by cutting the corners as much as possible, because the game doesn't punish you as much as it should for running wide, you've just got to be properly aggresive.

While we are on the subject of corner cutting, how come, on the top gear track, the lap can get invalidated by the slightest of "cuts", however at somewhere like Monza and Le Mans you can take SERIOUS liberties with the chicanes.
Quote from JJ72 :I just got my yellow bird as well, gonna paint it black though!

Holy shit, it really does go everywhere sideways, if you just dance with it it is pure magic. You don't even have to drift it, it drifts itself!

F*ck, why isn't it premium! :gnasher:
Because it has to give way to automotive legends such as Prius and Insight!
Quote from JJ72 :Because it has to give way to automotive legends such as Prius and Insight!

Can you even tune that prius?

As in put bumpers and stuff on it to make it not look awful?, and give it a good dose of POWER!!!
They need to add another hall of events after the extreme ones, where the AI is tougher, there is damage, and the experience and money is also a lot higher. I sometimes which GT games weren't so mainstream. The first GT was a lot more focused - tuning and driving Japanese cars fast.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That Impreza sounds pretty awful to be honest.

I'm not trying to start a Flamewar, but just compare it to FM3 and tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmF4U0vYMQ

Mind you not all Impreza sound the same, they lose the throb when they use equal length headers. Even the Forza 3 one does not sound like the ones I've heard in real life or my real life Impreza. GT5 uses a synth type approach. The sound changes as you add different exhausts, Forza uses the record the sound approach, it's pretty static and doesn't change. Sounds like it's always on full throttle. Even the a stock car in Forza sounds like it's been highly modified
Same approach as Shift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5prFHoNeA

newer ones sound different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2oqM74aV7k
Quote from Boris Lozac :F*ck, why isn't it premium! :gnasher:

Just ditch the pants cockpit camera with its vague-moving-hardly-rotating steering wheel and rubbish shadows and you'll have a gazillion more cars to play with

I do wish they'd done more with RUF, though. Besides the legendary Yellowbird and 996 based RGT, there's the forthcoming V8 engined RGT8 which looks awesome and would be such a cool Gran Turismo car.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Can you even tune that prius?

As in put bumpers and stuff on it to make it not look awful?, and give it a good dose of POWER!!!

Trust me, You don't wanna drive a car that switch off its engine whenever you lift the throttle.
Quote from CoolColJ :They need to add another hall of events after the extreme ones, where the AI is tougher, there is damage, and the experience and money is also a lot higher. I sometimes which GT games weren't so mainstream. The first GT was a lot more focused - tuning and driving Japanese cars fast.

Mind you not all Impreza sound the same, they lose the throb when they use equal length headers. Even the Forza 3 one does not sound like the ones I've heard in real life or my real life Impreza. GT5 uses a synth type approach. The sound changes as you add different exhausts, Forza uses the record the sound approach, it's pretty static and doesn't change. Sounds like it's always on full throttle. Even the a stock car in Forza sounds like it's been highly modified
Same approach as Shift

GT5 22b sounds like shit compared to any other games..
Quote from CoolColJ :Mind you not all Impreza sound the same, they lose the throb when they use equal length headers. Even the Forza 3 one does not sound like the ones I've heard in real life or my real life Impreza. GT5 uses a synth type approach. The sound changes as you add different exhausts, Forza uses the record the sound approach, it's pretty static and doesn't change. Sounds like it's always on full throttle. Even the a stock car in Forza sounds like it's been highly modified
Same approach as Shift

The Imprezas sound does change when modifying them in FM3. The older ones have the burble from the factory, just like they should. However, the newer ones in FM3 sound very tame when stock, but the burble comes back when you fit a racing exhaust system as un-equal manifolds are fitted. Or, you can swap a EJ20 Redtop into them.

Could you upload a quick video showing the sound of a standard 22b/'05 STi?
Quote from sinbad :Just ditch the pants cockpit camera with its vague-moving-hardly-rotating steering wheel and rubbish shadows and you'll have a gazillion more cars to play with

I do wish they'd done more with RUF, though. Besides the legendary Yellowbird and 996 based RGT, there's the forthcoming V8 engined RGT8 which looks awesome and would be such a cool Gran Turismo car.

I wish it would be that easy.. it's not just looking at the cockpit, the whole driving perspective etc.. i just can't play any other way..
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :The Imprezas sound does change when modifying them in FM3. The older ones have the burble from the factory, just like they should. However, the newer ones in FM3 sound very tame when stock, but the burble comes back when you fit a racing exhaust system as un-equal manifolds are fitted. Or, you can swap a EJ20 Redtop into them.

Could you upload a quick video showing the sound of a standard 22b/'05 STi?

I don't own one as I said, I'm still searching for it, hasn't shown up yet in the 2nd hand dealers
It is a rare car after all, only 200+ ever made

Stock it should sound like in GT4
My driver lineup

The angry angel sings at the Ring....dynamic lighting and atmosphere looks so realistic! Photo mode pics taken from the replay

Excuse my driving, I was just testing out the dynamic time and weather system
I setup the run as a race in the lounge with 1 spectator, so I could save the replay. Time passage speed at 30x

LFA at the ring with dynamic time and weather
I find it rather meditative, just watching and hearing it go around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRBlQLBUg5Y
Quote from CoolColJ :LFA at the ring with dynamic time and weather
I find it rather meditative, just watching and hearing it go around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRBlQLBUg5Y

As a grumpy old man I've resisted buying a console for many years... I could never see the attraction when the PC does things so much better in so many ways.

However as I have a G25 I am very, very close to hitting the "buy" button on a PS3 now. And it's videos like this which are leading me further into temptation. I have a nasty Nordschleife habit which needs feeding. :-)

Actually the only reason I haven't cracked already is that Amazon UK are out of stock on the GT5 bundle pack, which is good value for money (and ought to give me more financial wriggle room if I decide to sell it later).

Thanks for that clip... I think. I thought my PS3 itch had settled down, allowing me to be patient. But you just made it flare up again. :-)

Andrew McP
Was just doing the Grand valley 300km enduro and i Paused it at lap 57 to get a drink and came back and pressed restart by accident, gahhhh..

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG