The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :Was just doing the Grand valley 300km enduro and i Paused it at lap 57 to get a drink and came back and pressed restart by accident, gahhhh..

I never knew it was possible to be that retarded.
The cursor was on restart so when i came back I pressed X assuming it was on continue and it restarted, i couldn't be assed doing it agian so ill just do the dream car championship for now to gain xp(im lvl 25).
Quote from 91mason91 :I never knew it was possible to be that retarded.

It's quite easy to do to be honest. Have done it myself.
Quote from tristancliffe :'Nuff said really...

Well, I know I'm not the only person do have done so, so that 'joke' is 1. Obvious and 2. Shit.
Loving these names. One of my Bspec drivers is a M.Freeman and i just raced against a R.Dennis.
Quote from Andrew McP :As a grumpy old man I've resisted buying a console for many years... I could never see the attraction when the PC does things so much better in so many ways.

However as I have a G25 I am very, very close to hitting the "buy" button on a PS3 now. And it's videos like this which are leading me further into temptation. I have a nasty Nordschleife habit which needs feeding. :-)

Actually the only reason I haven't cracked already is that Amazon UK are out of stock on the GT5 bundle pack, which is good value for money (and ought to give me more financial wriggle room if I decide to sell it later).

Thanks for that clip... I think. I thought my PS3 itch had settled down, allowing me to be patient. But you just made it flare up again. :-)

Andrew McP

http://www.play.com/Games/Play ... rce=0&urlrefer=search

Do it, you know you want to.
Quote from Andrew McP :As a grumpy old man I've resisted buying a console for many years... I could never see the attraction when the PC does things so much better in so many ways.

However as I have a G25 I am very, very close to hitting the "buy" button on a PS3 now. And it's videos like this which are leading me further into temptation. I have a nasty Nordschleife habit which needs feeding. :-)

Actually the only reason I haven't cracked already is that Amazon UK are out of stock on the GT5 bundle pack, which is good value for money (and ought to give me more financial wriggle room if I decide to sell it later).

Thanks for that clip... I think. I thought my PS3 itch had settled down, allowing me to be patient. But you just made it flare up again. :-)

Andrew McP

Nurburgring in GT5 is the best out right now, especially with the dynamic conditions and time mode. Although rain could be done better, with respect to the road reflections, ie there are none, but I suspect the PS3 just doesn't have enough memory left over for that.
You also get the full 24 hour layout with the GP track tacked on, although it needs to be unlocked, by completing challanges on the Nurburgring in the AMG driving school

Quote from 91mason91 :Loving these names. One of my Bspec drivers is a M.Freeman and i just raced against a R.Dennis.

I saw R.Dennis come up too when I was generating a new name, and B.Schneider, also raced against him.
Had some tough races B-Specing in the extreme hall, but I wish you could lock in the maintain speed command.
When I say maintain speed, that's exactly what I want my driver to do, not cool down and get over taken :/
I got it a few days ago and Im going through it slowly, trying to use cars that make races challenging.

Enjoying it a lot so far
doing the miata endurance right now, pausing it at 2 hour and gonna finish it tomorrow.....surprise surprise I am actually improving my driving doing it, tyre management, pacing, basically I am just racing against an imaginary self. Makes me wanna do some endurance racing against real human beings.
I have a 2nd b-spec driver called M.Schuhmacher!

My main b-spec driver is called R.Fuchs, he's now stopped wrecking my cars as much at level 9.
Quote from JJ72 :doing the miata endurance right now, pausing it at 2 hour and gonna finish it tomorrow.....surprise surprise I am actually improving my driving doing it, tyre management, pacing, basically I am just racing against an imaginary self. Makes me wanna do some endurance racing against real human beings.

i had the same with the 60 laps at Grand Valley. Had to keep my tyres as I was driving a race car with road tyres. Was nerve wracking at times when I had no grip at all.
Just about to race in the European Classics and I have to face K.Kobayashi
Edit: He came 2nd place, he was no match for my 172bhp Alfa xD
-
(CoolColJ) DELETED by CoolColJ
any cheats for this game?

assuming you can make a second save file just for everything you want.
Quote from logitekg25 :any cheats for this game?

assuming you can make a second save file just for everything you want.

Don't think so, none of the GT games ever had em
game shark for ps2 had EVERYTHING you can ever want, not sure if that is hacking the file, or just "cheat codes" at that point though
I saved up and bought a Mclaren F1 fresh off the show room floor in orange

Man it's hard to drive on the stock sports hard tyres!
I've always wondered why it was so slow on the Best Motoring Tsukuba time attack, now I know why. It's hard to drive on the limit with these tyres, should be better with stickier rubber

In my first try, once I was able to stay on the track, I got around the same time 1'05+ vs 1'04.62. You have to be really ginger on the throttle much like in the video. It doesn't roll as much as the real thing though, and some camber would help plus getting rid of the default rear toe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRY15toko0

My stock GT-R Spec V whips it

Also has the best interior view of the road out of all the cars so far in GT5. Right in the middle
Really good visibility

But you can make it look like the LM version with the add ons in the GT Auto, but gees that costs 130k credits!

Vids to come
whats double declutching

and cant wait for the onboards
Quote from logitekg25 :whats double declutching

and cant wait for the onboards

If you are talking about that best motoring video, he isn't double declutching, he's trying to match the revs when going up gears, probably to avoid clutch damage and/or wheelspin, but it doesn't look like he's really pushing it, so I presume he's going easy on the clutch by rev matching before he lets go of the clutch pedal..
Double declutching is pointless nowadays...basically an old practise where you press the clutch and move from gear to neutral, release the clutch, and then press the clutch again and move to another gear. Basically rendered completely pointless by the invention of syncro.
Well I improved my time to 1:03.075. I'm trying to drive hard, but the car doesn't like you throwing it around, have to be really ultra smooth with everything. Some nasty crash scenes
i get double clutching for downshift rev match, but upshift which is what hes doing?

i got an explination as it just boosts your rev's so when you let the clutch go you got some RPM's on your side to pull you a little better, but that fry's clutch?

pm me someone please

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG