The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
Any pics from the caterham?
Quote from 13OB :I wouldn't waste your money tbh. It cost around 250k+ to buy and upgrade it. I just done it because all I do is buy total crap when I get money e.g. a 13bhp Mazda for 20k haha

It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy guy wasting 200 grand on stupid stuff like my flying Citroen 2CV or the Supercar destroying Buick Special.

Some more pictures I took during my GT5 adventure: http://picasaweb.google.com/troy.ch.123/Gt5
Quote from Inouva :Any pics from the caterham?

Definitely one of the best standard car models. No interior view but a nice camera angle looking along the bonnet. Unfortunately to me it feels a bit heavy and sluggish rather than frantic and immediate - it feels JUST like it did with GT4.
that buick is a straight copy from gt4 like all the 700 cars out of 1000..
my gt4 buick, 2006 pic
Attached images
IMG0002.JPG
Quote from danowat :Online "hub" is up and running > https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

I guess they'll be adding features.

Anyone seen the UK advert they're running?

It's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXj_h7kFGkI
...but slightly different. Instead of the shot of the C63 amg, they have a shot of 2 R8s drifting (on Cape Ring I think), but with what seems like totally different smoke. It's more like smoke from previous GT games, but the "Actual Gameplay Footage" comment remains.

Puzzling.
CoolCol, those LFA pics are awesome! Those houses and whatnot look so real..
Quote from sinbad :Definitely one of the best standard car models. No interior view but a nice camera angle looking along the bonnet. Unfortunately to me it feels a bit heavy and sluggish rather than frantic and immediate - it feels JUST like it did with GT4.

=( no cockpit view, that suck's
Although I have long been a fan of cockpit view, I am using it less and less in GT5. In the quicker cars, the higher FPS and frame stability is very obvious with the bumper cam, to a point that I feel disconnected and lost some sense of speed when I jump back to premium cars. In cars like Zonda R on a wet suzuka or Madrid/Rome, sometimes the frame drop is close to unbearable, so I am using it less for performance reason....totally didn't expect that.
I love the Buick Special btw! I did the Nostalgia Supercar cup in it, and beat them all with the Buick Special stock. (well, technically it isn't stock from the dealer anyway).
How crap that you can't watch a multiplayer replay from onboard. Not even from onboard your own car?!

I'm frequently reminded of the half-baked feeling.
Quote from sinbad :How crap that you can't watch a multiplayer replay from onboard. Not even from onboard your own car?!

I'm frequently reminded of the half-baked feeling.

You cant even view onboard when you use the 'watch race' function on the multiplayer lobby.
Quote from Inouva :=( no cockpit view, that suck's

The roof cam is okay for the caterham tbh.

Mine's supercharged. :P
This thread needs more pics of skylines @ SSR7
Quote from danowat :Online "hub" is up and running > https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

Nice, it makes managing some things like messages and photos much easier, but it's pretty lagged right now
That appears to be the Hong Kong site though

You can do quotes here for messages, but you can't in the game.

----

BTW B-Spec has better rewards, you win a brand new Zonda R in the final championship event in the 3rd hall
Need to be at level 15 to get it though. Saves you the 2+ million needed to buy it
B-Spec is great. It's been a great credit whore as I've hit on girls the past week.
any brake fade?
thats expected
Either the comfort soft tires are a bit grippy, when driving the miata, or my tires on my miata are crap. The rear end sticks in the turns, even when I turn in a bit rough. The rear just wont step out. The car, stock, on comfort hard tires, should be able to get a little sideways in third gear. The turn-in has to be pretty darn rough to get the rear to step out. Maybe the comfort tires are a step up from my tires.

Also, I raced against B.Senna.
Fark sake, just went to order the 320GB bundle and it's out of stock from amazon!!!!!!!!!! What's the difference between the collectors edition and the normal one?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Fark sake, just went to order the 320GB bundle and it's out of stock from amazon!!!!!!!!!! What's the difference between the collectors edition and the normal one?

Its the same price at play with free delivery here and its in stock. So tempted to buy it
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Fark sake, just went to order the 320GB bundle and it's out of stock from amazon!!!!!!!!!! What's the difference between the collectors edition and the normal one?

The EU Collector edition gets you 5 Chromeline car DLC codes, some posters cards, a thick Apex booklet and dynamic theme for the PS3 XMB OS thing (pretty crappy one at that)

The US version has more fruit and cost more too
http://blog.us.playstation.com ... llectors-edition-unboxed/
Quote from GAVD999 :Its the same price at play with free delivery here and its in stock. So tempted to buy it

Honestly IMO, not worth getting a PS3 just to play GT5.
That would make it one expensive game, which you may or may not like...

If you already have a PS3, then GT5 is worth getting, but it can frustrate and delight in equal amounts.
I sometimes wonder what goes through the collective minds at PD... there are some strange oversights

Then again if your a Nurburgring junkie then there is nothing that comes close
Quote from CoolColJ :Honestly IMO, not worth getting a PS3 just to play GT5.
That would make it one expensive game, which you may or may not like...

If you already have a PS3, then GT5 is worth getting, but it can frustrate and delight in equal amounts.
I sometimes I wonder what goes through the collective minds at PD... there are some strange oversights

+1

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG