The online racing simulator
I drove the midget halfway around the ring in gt4. Quit because it was taking too long.
i drove the daimler mercedes thing, got stuck uphill and rolles back
The three-wheeled one? As far as I'm aware, that car (well, thing) *cannot* complete a lap of the 'Ring. I think the four-wheeled one can, but only just.
As GT5 and Polyphony are again partners for the 24h Nürburgring, and Kazunori Yamauchi participates ... r for the Abt R8 LMS team, some info about GT5 was posted on the ADAC website.

Quote :Gran Turismo®5 ist die neueste Edition, und der erste vollwertige „Gran Turismo“-Titel, für PS3™ aus einer der weltweit erfolgreichsten Gaming-Reihen der letzten zehn Jahre. In enger Zusammenarbeit mit der Automobilindustrie wurde das Racing-Highlight verwirklicht und ist das Ergebnis von zehn Jahren Erfahrung im Bereich der Entwicklung ultrarealistischer Rennspielsimulationen. Die Fahrzeuge bestechen durch Realismus, Design und Fahrphysik und sorgen mit Nervenkitzel und einem einmaligen Racing-Gefühl für ein atemberaubendes und einzigartiges Rennerlebnis. Die Fakten sprechen für sich und werden jeden GT-Fan begeistern: mehr als 950 Fahrzeuge, darunter die neuesten Hybrid- und Elektroautos in High-Definition-Grafik, über 20 verschiedene Renn-Orte und mehr als 70 Strecken-Layouts und viele weitere Features.

Weitere Informationen unter www.gran-turismo.com

Basically it says how awesome the game will look, feel and so on, but at the end it gives some confirmation to certain rumors:

More than 950 cars, including hybrid and all electric ones, and 20 Race locations with more than 70 layouts
Quote from brandons48 :Or it's a random selection, you can imagine it, your favourite cars..

Nissan Skyline R35

Ferrari F40

Lamborghini Gallardo

Suzuki... Wagon R?

Why are those crap little cars even in this game?

Wtf is a Nissan Skyline R35?
There is no such thing as a Nissan Skyline R35.
Think he meant the Nissan GT-R (R35)
Bingo
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Oh boo hoo.

Nissan Skyline R35

Nissan GTR

Same shit different bucket.

Agreed. It's a Skyline underneath, regardless of what the badge tries to tell you, so Skyline R35 == R35 GT-R
Isn't it a bit pathetic that we became so anal about things like this......lol
Quote from JJ72 :Isn't it a bit pathetic that we became so anal about things like this......lol

I think its great! I love anal!
Quote from DevilDare :I think its great! I love anal!

thanks for a new sig
EDIT: how ironic im on page 35
Quote from brandons48 :Oh boo hoo.

Nissan Skyline R35

Nissan GTR

Same shit different bucket.

Its V35 thats a Skyline.
Quote :
AutoBlog UK: Can you explain more about the difference between premium and standard cars in the new GT5?
Yamauchi: Standard models won’t have an interior view, less detailing and no crash model. The problem is that premium models take a lot of time to create and we wanted to include many more vehicles than before. To make premium versions of all the cars we want to put in would take ten years or more and I don’t think people are prepared to wait long!

Ouch.
Quote from DevilDare :[/I]
Ouch.

Well we've waited long enough.. lol, Hopefully the cars that dont have interiors are the ones that I dont use
Quote from DevilDare :[/I]
Ouch.

Considering all the GT5P cars have interior models, i think its pretty safe to say thats mis-quoted or been mis-translated for him.
They've said for a long time now that there will be 170 cars fully modelled with damage, and ~800 with interiors but no deformation damage, only scratches and mechanical failures.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt until its said in an official statement which has been prepared and double checked, rather than an impromptu comment.
Considering the comment was almost certainly taken from his UK trip to see the GT school folks and nothing else has come from things he's said, this wasnt a planned announcement or update, he's just answered questions with answers we already know but people still insist on asking cos they're morons who think if they ask when it'll be released they'll be the first he tells, as if nobody had thought to ask him and thats the only reason its not on shelves.

I can live without it, but im not buying into it. We've also heard that GT5 will have a track editor, that it'll be a launch day title amongst a dozen other dates, we've had legit PD screenshots with bikes in it, official sony mags stating that Indycar would be in there.... tons of things, none made as official statements by PD (except one Asian launch date) only tidbits of info thrown around, and misquoted or misunderstood like chinese whispers.
Until they make an official statement, then i'll take it with a pinch of salt.
Aww man. The premium models are probably Race cars, rally cars, new supercars (e.g. SLS AMG and 458 Italia) and possibly tuned cars. I wouldn't be suprised if that statement is true. It would take forever to accurately model 1000 cars for such a game.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Aww man. The premium models are probably Race cars, rally cars, new supercars (e.g. SLS AMG and 458 Italia) and possibly tuned cars. I wouldn't be suprised if that statement is true. It would take forever to accurately model 1000 cars for such a game.

Yeah but they had ages. Literally.
Most of that time was probably spent on the 100 skylines and SLS AMG. Oh, and here is something I found:

Quote :I don’t think people are prepared to wait long!

:uglyhamme
I thought GT4 took forever when they kept delaying it, but this is just ridiculious.

If it isn't the best racing game on console ever then they failed.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG