The online racing simulator
Quote from CoolColJ :You have to add the cars you want to use in arcade mode and online to your favourite list in the garage screen.

When you start a server you can select a car from your garage as the car to use for everyone instead of horsepower and weight caps. But everyone else has to have that car as well, but most people should have a MX-5, Honda civic and the Kart

You sure? I have a bunch of cars set as favourites and they don't show up on the list you see when you choose "select from garage". The only way to see/use those cars is if I set it to any car.
Or have I misunderstood what you're saying.
I'll have to double check...

I don't know why they didn't have a Super GT cars only option either....
The cars are nicely balanced to race against each other.

Also

Quote from sinbad :You sure? I have a bunch of cars set as favourites and they don't show up on the list you see when you choose "select from garage". The only way to see/use those cars is if I set it to any car.
Or have I misunderstood what you're saying.

Yeah doesn't appear to allow it for some strange reason. Only other way is to use the exact weight and power of a stock mx-5 as the limits, and put Mx-5 in your server title etc.
But that won't limit people from having suspension upgrades and what not
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I little tip from another forum

The used car dealer refreshes 6 cars with every game loading bar (ie one game day)

Easiest way to refresh all 30 cars is to go the license test, but don't start it, skip to the next test, then skip again etc. Do this 5 times and voila you have 30 new used cars.

You don't need to do that.. Just do two or three races, or, shut the game down and reboot.. there are many easier ways of getting new cars in the lot than doing this...
Quote from 91mason91 :27 bitch

On another note I have bought a Gallardo and my god it's a beautiful car.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :
On another note I have bought a Gallardo and my god it's a beautiful car.

Why buy one, you have it in Arcade.. oh, for teh tuning! It's beautifull but completely booring to drive (in the game).
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why buy one, you have it in Arcade.. oh, for teh tuning! It's beautifull but completely booring to drive (in the game).

There is a gallardo race event which you can only enter in guess what.

A Gallardo
SPOILER ALERT

White Gallardo dies at the end of that event...
Imola Orange from NSX - nice paint chip

Gineta G4 is an interesting car to drive, loves to drift. I was expecting something so light to feel go kart'ish, but it feels quite
floaty even after chassis restoration. It feels like an old car

Also got gold in the Elise Top Gear event - had to turn on Skid recovery force and Traction control
SRF doesn't stop the car from skiding and oversteering though
Quote from CoolColJ :Imola Orange from NSX - nice paint chip

Gineta G4 is an interesting car to drive, loves to drift. I was expecting something so light to feel go kart'ish, but it feels quite
floaty even after chassis restoration. It feels like an old car

Also got gold in the Elise Top Gear event - had to turn on Skid recovery force and Traction control
SRF doesn't stop the car from skiding and oversteering though

I find it unrealistic that the Elise is wheelspinning in 3rd gear on corner exit, regardless of the tyres it was on, they are still supposed to be rubber right? :P
Quote from BlueFlame :I find it unrealistic that the Elise is wheelspinning in 3rd gear on corner exit, regardless of the tyres it was on, they are still supposed to be rubber right? :P

im pretty sure the standard elise doesnt have an lsd, maybe its the inside tyre spinning
I managed to do it in an Elise with R888's but out of a hairpin slowly on the throttle it shouldn't.
Quote from kirmy :im pretty sure the standard elise doesnt have an lsd, maybe its the inside tyre spinning

Inside rear wheelspin isn't enough generally to throw the rear completely sideways. And if it's open diff it definately wouldn't do that in 3rd gear..
Anyone find the Formula Gran Turismo yet? Whats the price?

This game is bloody addictive!!
I capped SS5 to provide you the evidence how dark GT5 is
Where the world's weakest high beams reside.....
Even a torch with failing batteries will do a better job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8wKIrfvlvo

GT5 doesn't have any Gamma calibration options either, and the brightness changes from track to track, from the different driving views and so on - shoddy!
@Sinbad, do you still want a yellowbird?, picked one up this morning, will swap it for something of similar value (177'000cr)
Quote from legoflamb :Either the comfort soft tires are a bit grippy, when driving the miata, or my tires on my miata are crap. The rear end sticks in the turns, even when I turn in a bit rough. The rear just wont step out. The car, stock, on comfort hard tires, should be able to get a little sideways in third gear. The turn-in has to be pretty darn rough to get the rear to step out. Maybe the comfort tires are a step up from my tires.

Also, I raced against B.Senna.

Could be down to the difference in suspension settings. I'm finding the suspension values have a larger effect on handling than in past GT games

All the car's stock suspension in the game have no camber and lots of positive toe at the rear. I guess to make them feel stable on the straight and understeer more.
Some more pictures I took, thanks for the tip with the camera options CoolColJ, never noticed those.

On another note, searching for a pickup truck, couldn't find one so far happy to trade anything needed with similar value.
**** the endurance is boring.
troy I can lend u my pickup truck. its got over 580 horsepower. just mssg me on psn.
Wow this is just shocking, I am shooting my volvo and it doesn't allow me to take too closed up shots.....graphic nazis???!!!
LoL, it does that with all the standard cars.
the game was evil last night. It put a veyron and a CTR2 in the Used car dealer but I couldn't afford them

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG