The online racing simulator
25th in Australia, a few JB HiFi are selling it at 10pm-1am Wednesday-Thursday though
I preordered yesterday and according to gtplanet, copies are already being shipped.

So lets wait *just* a little bit more
Some online retailers have stock, and have already started shipping, HMV being one of them, but this is fairly normal, and I wouldn't expect many people to recieve their copies before Tuesday
Quote from danowat :Some online retailers have stock, and have already started shipping, HMV being one of them, but this is fairly normal, and I wouldn't expect many people to recieve their copies before Tuesday

I think mine will be there on Wednesday since the game store I order at is always the first in Holland to get new game titles.
I just thought. You know how they said originally the Standard cars had a generic cockpit which wouldn't be as accurate as the premium ones. What if they do actually all have this cockpit. But Sony told them to make them have no cockpits so they can release a Standard car upgrade for DLC. It wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully someone can glitch the cam into the car and find out.
My copy has just been shipped, might even arrive on tuesday if lucky!

Quote :objp:
Also....how come you can't drive without ABS? I've never had a problem with brake lockup in any racing sim with my G27. Makes me question the whole physics write-up when you can't even slow the car without the game holding your hand.

Amar:
I never said I can't drive without ABS, I just said it is very difficult to drive without, although I also pointed out that actual non-ABS braking is more refined than in Prologue.

Non-ABS driving heavily depends on car you're using. I had almost no problem at all with JGTC Castrol Supra, but I had serious sensitivity-problem with stock cars, such as M3. At this point I haven't developed enough finesse in my foot to sustain more than 3 lap of concentration for non-ABS driving since it asks for serious concentration - especially when battling AI on Professional AI setting.

G25 pedals are more stiffer than those on DFP/DFGT wheel, but even with them you have to be extremely careful while applying brakes, because it is very easy to lock them and go into spin. It was the main point of my elaboration of that particular issue. However, it is probably a matter of time-investment into skill itself, together with additional investment into some hard sponge (for DFP/DFGT users respectfully).

Quote :PlayGT5tilludie:
Are you able to catch a slide (oversteer) using your G25 and actually perform a drift?

Amar:
Yes. You will soon find out that physics is in fact very refined Academy TT Demo physics - as I stated earlier. Refinement now includes work done especially in the field of tire-grip and feel of the weight-transfer on the steering wheel. If you can imagine complex physics as those in Academy Demo with proper grip and skid-snap included, you'll have the picture

Can't wait for next wednesday :hyper:
Yeah, pretty good ad.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
so you can do head tracking just with the eye toy? how much distance do you need between the cam and you?

btw does basically every bluetooth headset works with PS3?
All BT headsets I've tried have worked.. My friend has had a few BT ones as well that worked well too. Probably a typical distance like a TrackIR will work.. I'll see how I like GT5 and maybe invest in one
Quote from Furiously-Fast :If this hasn't been posted already, check out the GT5 ad featuring the 'VP of add more awesome.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvC66NZPOyY

Ha, I chuckled. Their commercials usually suck (though I've only seen one or two of the ones with this guy in them) but this one was good.

Glad to see that it is possible to make an entertaining commercial in North America, after all.
My shopto order has been dispatched, so I reckon it should arrive on Tuesday.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
My shopto order hasn't been sorted yet, I pre-ordered it around 2 weeks ago so I guess you guys ordered yours a lot longer ago.
Physics look worse than Prologue imo, which is also what I thought about the Time Attack demo. The car transitions in to a drift way too rapidly and there's hardly any weight transfer to be seen anywhere. Oh well.
I couldn't even get the car to drift at all in the Time Trial, with a wheel, spun out all the time
Yeah. Or when you did get the car to drift, it just didn't want to play ball at all and did all kinds of weird things that didn't make any sense.

I'll reserve final judgement on GT5 drifting until I'll have a go at it myself with a wheel, but my expectations are low. Hard to be disappointed that way atleast.
Yeah, that drift looks awfull, i sure hope that isn't with a wheel and all aids off..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, that drift looks awfull, i sure hope that isn't with a wheel and all aids off..

Look at the steering. Must be done with a controller. Unless the wheel is set at 40 degrees...
Looks like more a power slide that actual drift, plus the smoke quality sucks...
The transitions maybe quick due to pad useage, quick full lock etc. Wheel should be different. Can't you tell? The front wheel jitters around and returns to neutral really quickly.

An easy race at Tsukuba, I think it's an Mx-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEznZcAk5zw
Quote from Inouva :Looks like more a power slide that actual drift, plus the smoke quality sucks...

The smoke looks different to what was in the demos, it looked better before, but it lasts twice as long now, so I guess they tweaked it

Karts, on a kart track I guess
It's one of those course creator tracks I think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuMSrnALnh4
BTW someone is streaming his GT5 gameplay on Justin Tv
http://fr.justin.tv/abyssefx#/w/568896944

This guy has a whole bunch of videos - he's a wheel user
http://www.youtube.com/user/christheimperator#p/u

From the guy above
AI looks fine - as long as you don't gimp them by using super grippy tyres and set a low level like some people do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrSPJxuck4

Quote :The physics are in my opinion really close to the one in IRacing. I have to say that i have no tried every single tyre compound yet, nor have i tried every single car on every track, nor have i modified any of the cars, since i only played Arcade mode!!!

The physics are a major step ahead, like real big! Its just so much more accurate and you really feel that you are in control of the car! In IRacing i run the MX5 alot at Laguna Seca and Lime Rock, and i must say Laguna Seca does look and FEEL laser scanned to me in GT5!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so impressed! Also Fuji feels alot different from Fuji in GT5 P!

More Video are coming as we speak... just uploading them!

Im not home anymore but will be tomorrow and will do GT Life Video with commentary!

Please do not hate my commentary since i was in a Rush (gf was next to me

--

Yea i always heel and toe...

At one point i didnt heel and toe on purpose entire a turn and lost the rear quit badly cause the rear wheels locked up

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG