The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Noooice

What's wrong with the shadows in those pictures, though? Why they're.........they're.....they're...............good!?

It's an impressive level of detail, I'll give it that, and some of the textures look spot on.
Yes, crazy details.. and then you look at the blurry Elise cockpit and wonder what's going on There was no need for some of them to be so incredibly detailed while on the other ones you can't read the speedo..
And Franky S I hope you like the beamer.

Edit: Finally!!! I found a RUFF in the used car lot and bought it immediately.
Yah i got a yellowbird, 170k lighter after it also got the BMW 2002 and a 205 turbo for the granturismo rally
Quote from sinbad :"Racing" tyres are insanely grippy too, put those on a road car and it becomes something completely different, something totally dull, too.

Love the BTR wing by the way, it's ridiculous, you can almost see the DIY store nuts and bolts which the rich father's spotty teenage son used to completely f**k up his classic RUF

I'm running into a bit of a credit shortage right now. Too much money wasted modifying silly cars. I have a Triumph Spitfire with everything done to it except suspension and tyres, it's hilarious

RUF wing looks like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8VTZJ_wQlE
Quote from Chrisuu01 :And Franky S I hope you like the beamer.

Edit: Finally!!! I found a RUFF in the used car lot and bought it immediately.

Thanks man
Quote from speed1230 :I wonder if anyone discovered this glitch in the race preparation screen, it works for me at least:
1. Do a event (in GT Mode) where you can race the whole championship
2. Win the race (not sure if it still works if you skip or place somewhere else)
3. Go to "next race"
4. There should be some revving as if the race is starting
5. From here you can control your car (somehow) - enjoy wrecking the ai drivers!
Note: The camera may not focus on the start line but if you get vibrations on your controller/wheel it works

You cna do it in any race actually, as long as you don't apply the accelerator fully (as to confirm the start of race).. you can keep driving.
Quote from Boris Lozac :So how many of you applied for the US GT Academy that starts tommorow? I did with my fake US account, would just like to recieve the free DLC that they promised for all participants.. and i always loved those time-trial challenges, that's why the online leaderboards can't come soon enough!

I just registered using a fake address this one

University of California, Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064

I have an account for every major region on the PSN - Japan, UK, US an AU off course. For some reason, each region has different stuff and demos on the PSN.... PSN for every region looks different too
Anyone has a pickup truck that i could borrow? Really can not find one.
Quote from Franky.S :Anyone has a pickup truck that i could borrow? Really can not find one.

You with a RAM LARAMIE from either Licenses or Nascar thingies
Quote from CoolColJ :I just registered using a fake address this one

University of California, Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064

My new residence is Mcdonalds in Colombus, Ohio

I expected a patch today cause the GT Academy is starting and we need leaderboards for that, don't we? But still nothing..
Quote from Franky.S :Anyone has a pickup truck that i could borrow? Really can not find one.

I can lend you my souped up Ford SVT, a shade over 500hp, it's also lightened as well to around 1700+kg
I want it back though

PSN - CoolColJ

Quote from Boris Lozac :My new residence is Mcdonalds in Colombus, Ohio

I expected a patch today cause the GT Academy is starting and we need leaderboards for that, don't we? But still nothing..

Tommorrow. Servers are down right now for maintenace...
Quote from CoolColJ :I can lend you my souped up Ford SVT, a shade over 500hp, it's also lightened as well to around 1700+kg
I want it back though

lol @ "weight reduced" to 1700kg. srsly wtf :P

I think i got the veyron down to around 1580kg or something, and it's STILL a heavy pig of a thing
Quote from senn :lol @ "weight reduced" to 1700kg. srsly wtf :P

I think i got the veyron down to around 1580kg or something, and it's STILL a heavy pig of a thing

Well my GT-R Spec V is over 1600kg and it hauls ass, and handles pretty nice for the weight. Handles well enough to whip some 1 million credit exotica.

GT-R defies gravity, as it does in real life
Quote from CoolColJ :Well my GT-R Spec V is over 1600kg and it hauls ass, and handles pretty nice for the weight. Handles well enough to whip some 1 million credit exotica.

GT-R defies gravity, as it does in real life

Yeah, it was scary how it blitzed the supercar series in professional with just a few upgrades. It's so easy to drive fast compared to the R8 or Murcielago that I suspect that Kaz favoured japanese cars a tad over the other ones.

But then, it's filled with magical trickery and almost broke Clarksons neck by simply cornering, so it might be realistic after all.
I think the GTR is depicted rather nicely in GT5, very grippy none the less, but doesn't pull away with pure apex speed, it's the uncanny stablity through the corner and monster traction which makes it fast, it's so easy to nail a perfect corner exit everytime because it is so forgiving.

But at least lightness still works, my RM S1 elise is matching the GTR almost on every race track with only 200ps.

as for Japanese car favoritism....the M3 owns the ISF in Forza, but it's the complete opposite in GT5. I doubt the ISF is quite as fast as the M3 IRL.
Patch 1.05 is out, 606mb, no full release log as yet, but reports are is that it adds new A spec race events.....
Quote from JJ72 :I think the GTR is depicted rather nicely in GT5, very grippy none the less, but doesn't pull away with pure apex speed, it's the uncanny stablity through the corner and monster traction which makes it fast, it's so easy to nail a perfect corner exit everytime because it is so forgiving.

But at least lightness still works, my RM S1 elise is matching the GTR almost on every race track with only 200ps.

as for Japanese car favoritism....the M3 owns the ISF in Forza, but it's the complete opposite in GT5. I doubt the ISF is quite as fast as the M3 IRL.

IS-F is a touch faster as far as straight line speed goes in real life
More torquey motor.

Plus in GT5 it actually sound like the real car
I just bought one, to race mod, and then I'll get another to have mildly tuned. Good bang for the buck
New....

- "Seasonal Events"
- "Online Collector's Dealership"
ooooo *turns ps3 on*

Yet again I shall save you you :P.
But trust the price car you will get from it will make you go

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG