The online racing simulator
Quote from logitekg25 :time for a g27 mate

No way to expensive, and I still have factory warranty so new wheel I don't think so

I also have older pedals with the exact same plug as a temporary backup.
The pedal feel they have however is complete utter crap, but it will do as temporary replacement.
i think its a good christmas present to yourself

and warranty....meh
Quote from Boris Lozac :Don't be noobs guys, don't set ABS for the ones that don't have it in RL Just be gentle with the brakes..

Well the real one doesn't have brake bias designed to kill you, 50% 50% Front to rear? come on PD.
Quote from BreadC :yea i got all golds except 1

aston martin 1000m stop kills me......

That one was hard.. I spent about 10 minutes. My trick was the 3rd X.. like a slight bit before that.. just full on the anchors. A few tries of htat and I got it. The start also helps.. rev to about 5000 on start and then floor it.. no redline.
Quote from JJ72 :Well the real one doesn't have brake bias designed to kill you, 50% 50% Front to rear? come on PD.

yeah, i was hoping this would change...every car seem to come w/ brake balance controller, but no ability to buy better brakes.
Quote from Stefani24 :Just not possible to drive if it's the same on other cars....I didn't even breaked 60% and totally lost the car...

Adjust the brake balance, it's defaulted to 5:5, set it to 5:3 and you'll be ok for most cars. You can map the RA menu functions to the controller or a control pad on port 1 if using a wheel to access this on track. Just make sure to press the PS3 button on the controller to wake it up. It tends to shut off after a while.
I have mine set to the D-Pad on my G25, and X as the "activate menu" button. Works well.

And the pad won't go to sleep if you're racing, it onl will sleep in menus
My B-Spec controlled Mazda AZ-1

Tuned up a bit, added the aero parts, there are 2 choices. Painted it silver, and painted the wheels with a yellow colour, thought it would be a flat looking paint, but it turned out looking like the glossy Subaru gold wheels

Quote from Boris Lozac :He probably has to buy it from his own money though, he doesn't get it through the chimney..

:huepfenic
Does anyone know if it's possible to set standard driving options across all cars?

It's really irritating every time I go into a different car to have to turn the traction control off....

I'm around level 13 and just doing the AMG challenges for quick money and experience points.

Oh and for those who say there is no damage before level 20, lies. I crashed my RX7 flat out into a wall (accidentaly) and while the bumper was still intact there were a hell of a lot of scratch marks. Plus if I am to test drive a Focus ST rally car then the bumpers all crease up.
Quote from BreadC :yea i got all golds except 1

aston martin 1000m stop kills me......

Found that one tough myself, but golded in the end. The one i'm struggling to gold is the cone slalom in the mini, i'm using a gamepad and i just can't do it
Yay I'm getting a brand new steering wheel , at least that's what the man from logitech says.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Does anyone know if it's possible to set standard driving options across all cars?

It's really irritating every time I go into a different car to have to turn the traction control off....

I'm around level 13 and just doing the AMG challenges for quick money and experience points.

Oh and for those who say there is no damage before level 20, lies. I crashed my RX7 flat out into a wall (accidentaly) and while the bumper was still intact there were a hell of a lot of scratch marks. Plus if I am to test drive a Focus ST rally car then the bumpers all crease up.

I think it remebers it for each car in your garage, but not for the others
Attached images
High Speed Ring.jpg
Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
Toscana (Tarmac).jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_4.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg
Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69
Here is a track I made today using the Effiel circuit theme.
Someone wanted to know if you can do long straights? Well you sure can, but hilly straights

I used 5 sections, all with complexity of 0, and corner sharpness of 5.
Very angular high speed track, parts of it remind of Bathurst
Going for the Le Mans type feel.

Time of day was set at 2pm. I find it looks the best at this time of the day. GT5's lighting engine makes everything look too dark at other times or just weird.... Noon just looks really flat.

This theme doesn't look as good as the others. The grass is a bit pukey.
The pop up is annoying, and the track is too smooth, and lacking in cambers.

Demo'ed it with a race with Super GT cars in arcade mode. Will have to try it with LMPs. I called it Straight Ring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_rfvkopYE
I wonder how you can share tracks online since I used the eifel theme to make a very good track.
Maybe I should post a vid, but I don't know how to record.

And for me you video wont load or just freeze.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I wonder how you can share tracks online since I used the eifel theme to make a very good track.
Maybe I should post a vid, but I don't know how to record.

And for me you video wont load or just freeze.

Probably just need to reload your browser.

Need a video capture car to record it
GT5 is supposed to have a Youtube uploader, but it's not active yet...

You can only share tracks with your PSN friends, within GT5. Only 1 track at a time as well
You just click on their profile within the game and on the track icon, if they have shared anything you can download it there.
I think you can host an online race with the track in your lounge with your friends.
Quote from CoolColJ :Probably just need to reload your browser.

Need a video capture car to record it
GT5 is supposed to have a Youtube uploader, but it's not active yet...

You can only share tracks with your PSN friends, within GT5. Only 1 track at a time as well
You just click on their profile within the game and on the track icon, if they have shared anything you can download it there.
I think you can host an online race with the track in your lounge with your friends.

I can show of to you with my very challenging tricky and demanding track.
I will ad you on psn.
Maybe you could make a video of it?
Quote from CoolColJ :Here is a track I made today using the Effiel circuit theme.
Someone wanted to know if you can do long straights? Well you sure can, but hilly straights

I used 5 sections, all with complexity of 0, and corner sharpness of 5.
Very angular high speed track, parts of it remind of Bathurst
Going for the Le Mans type feel.

Time of day was set at 2pm. I find it looks the best at this time of the day. GT5's lighting engine makes everything look too dark at other times or just weird.... Noon just looks really flat.

This theme doesn't look as good as the others. The grass is a bit pukey.
The pop up is annoying, and the track is too smooth, and lacking in cambers.

Demo'ed it with a race with Super GT cars in arcade mode. Will have to try it with LMPs. I called it Straight Ring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_rfvkopYE

Nice use of an Oxymoron
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I can show of to you with my very challenging tricky and demanding track.
I will ad you on psn.
Maybe you could make a video of it?

Sure

PSN - CoolColJ
I'm wasting too much time with GT5.

Level 20 now. Just bought an 458 Italia, didn't have time to test it yet.

By the way... how does one level up when all races and special events are finished? I'm not there yet, just curious... online races?
Quote from jibber :I'm wasting too much time with GT5.

Level 20 now. Just bought an 458 Italia, didn't have time to test it yet.

By the way... how does one level up when all races and special events are finished? I'm not there yet, just curious... online races?

Re-race events, but its worth noting that racing events with a level much lower than yours will reward you with less XP.

No money or XP is awarded for online racing.
Re-racing events does not work. I tried it with the Turbo Car race in the Professional racing events, apart from the money you earn, i didn't earn any additional experience points to the points i've earned in the first try (made gold in both tries). So that doesn't work.
Can you not re-do the championship ones for XP?.

Spoiler

After Lvl25 you unlock the endurance events, I reckon theres a ton of XP to had in there.

/Spolier

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG