The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Can you not re-do the championship ones for XP?

Will have to give that a try.
G25 forcefeedback is not as good as you guys painted.

Stepping the apexes doesn't vibrate as the game sound makes you believe.

Driving the SLS AMG nurburgring chalenge was a mixed experience regarding the Forcefeedback (won gold though.)

I have it on simulation too.
Quote from spyshagg :G25 forcefeedback is not as good as you guys painted.

Stepping the apexes doesn't vibrate as the game sound makes you believe.

Driving the SLS AMG nurburgring chalenge was a mixed experience regarding the Forcefeedback (won gold though.)

I have it on simulation too.

How so? I find the FFB useful and well made, even though I assume it uses canned effects.
My first car which I've modified to produce 152hp!

An old mini cooper 1.3 Got it in the used car dealership on my first day.
Attached images
London.jpg
First photomode test shots.. too busy enjoying driving to take more photos in races.
Attached images
Nurburgring Nordschleife_6.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg
Trial Mountain Circuit_3.jpg
Ahrweiler Gate_1.jpg
My package from GB finally arrived, only need to get it from the post office.

If anyone feels like adding me PSN ID: troy_ch
Has anyone else paid much attention to the (I assume) tyre heat indicator in the bottom left hand corner?, whats up with that?
Quote from danowat :Has anyone else paid much attention to the (I assume) tyre heat indicator in the bottom left hand corner?, whats up with that?

It shows you temperature (don't ask me what the colors represent and how it works exactly, no idea) and wear?
They seem to go from blue (cold I assume) to red (hot I assume) and back again, very, very quickly.
Quote from danowat :Has anyone else paid much attention to the (I assume) tyre heat indicator in the bottom left hand corner?, whats up with that?

When racing on the limit or drifting they go from blue (cold) to a lighter blue (warming up) then to a pink (getting hot/optimal) to red (cooked tyres). At this point the car can become uncontrollable and smoke pours from your tyres.
Btw may i add your PSN?
Quote from danowat :They seem to go from blue (cold I assume) to red (hot I assume) and back again, very, very quickly.

That's the way it's always been in previous GT games. Initially the tyres were blue (below operating temperature). After a short time (few corners to a lap or so, depending on the car/track) they'd get into the green (normal operating temperature). Overheating them they went from green -> yellow -> orange -> red.
Quote from jibber :It shows you temperature (don't ask me what the colors represent and how it works exactly, no idea) and wear?

Like all gt games

Blue = cold tire
Cyan = near Optimal grip
Green = optimal
Red = Overheat
Black = Blowed tire
PSN : danowat32

So my assumption was right, I am just a little perplexed at how quickly they go from cold to hot.
Quote from danowat :PSN : danowat32

So my assumption was right, I am just a little perplexed at how quickly they go from cold to hot.

Depends what tyre you use. Obviously a hard compound will last longer than soft. Also they do go red if you slide the back out etc but will go back to normal, only after prolonged abuse do they permanently change colour.
My point is though, that they change temp (especially from hot back to cold again), far, far too quickly.
I think the indicator shows surface temps, so wheelspin rapidly makes them go red, and then they rapidly cool off again. This is about right (in principle).
Surface temps?, that would make more sense I guess.
Quote from danowat :My point is though, that they change temp (especially from hot back to cold again), far, far too quickly.

Can't say i have noticed the speed at which they change. When mine get hot they tend to stay in that condition till the end but i haven't noticed the speed.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think the indicator shows surface temps, so wheelspin rapidly makes them go red, and then they rapidly cool off again. This is about right (in principle).

I'd assumed that's what they indicated because they change colour almost instantly.

They are a bit confusing, though. At later levels do they actually change in a way that indicates tyre carcass temperature increase? I presume so, but I can't seem to effect a lasting change in temperature. (Level 15 or so)
Just wondering, has anyone done the Historic racing car cup (lvl16) in the expert series? if so, what car did you use?
Finaly got myself a new ride.. i will buy only those that are not available in Arcade mode..

So I`ve been playing a lot Gran Turismo (1,2,3 and 4) in the past. How does GT5 compare to Prologue in terms of physics? I heard so many bad/good things about GT5.
Fearing that I might get very disappointed with the game, so please share some of Your experiences (good or bad) with the game so far.

Quote from lamerr :So I`ve been playing a lot Gran Turismo (1,2,3 and 4) in the past. How does GT5 compare to Prologue in terms of physics? I heard so many bad/good things about GT5.
Fearing that I might get very disappointed with the game, so please share some of Your experiences (good or bad) with the game so far.

It feels very similar to Prologue in terms of physics. A little more smooth and not as nervous anymore, but there's smiliratities no doubt. It's like they went from Prologue to TT demo and back.
Quote from (-Mark-) :Just wondering, has anyone done the Historic racing car cup (lvl16) in the expert series? if so, what car did you use?

i went and gave it a shot in my Race modified challenger, realized they're all in like Ford GT's and gave up.
If anyone wants a car that doesn't understeer, get the BMW Turbo 2002 '73. Drift city.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG