The online racing simulator
Found another great combo, 370z on Suzuka.. has such a nice flow. Found that i was faster with abs off.. so if anyone wants to give it a try, default sports hard tires, time: 2.26.599

Quote from CoolColJ :Well I improved my time to 1:03.075. I'm trying to drive hard, but the car doesn't like you throwing it around, have to be really ultra smooth with everything. Some nasty crash scenes

Mine has just under 900hp, racing slicks, spot on suspension and the full aero kit. Tell you one thing, after a lap of the ring i ain't wearing these trousers again.
Btw, does anyone feel the physics are different on fantasy tracks, like i do? Fantasy tracks just feel way more arcade to me, have no idea why... like the Skid Recovery Force is always ON or something, i just can't stand more then one lap on fantasy tracks...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Btw, does anyone feel the physics are different on fantasy tracks, like i do? Fantasy tracks just feel way more arcade to me, have no idea why... like the Skid Recovery Force is always ON or something, i just can't stand more then one lap on fantasy tracks...

Some of them are just smoother, although Deep Forest is uneven and bumpy. Nurburgring GP is very smooth and lifeless
I'm stuck on lvl 23, can I please borrow some body's race car so I can finish the Like the Wind championship, win my own race car and carry on.

Thanks
I won Like the Wind with a ZR1 with racing modifcation, but it was very hard, another idea would be to get a Super GT car(as they have loads of downforce) and upgrade it, but im not sure how much power they get.
Also, can anyone tell me how much xp the roadster enduro gives out for winning?
Quote from Mustafur :I won Like the Wind with a ZR1 with racing modifcation, but it was very hard, another idea would be to get a Super GT car(as they have loads of downforce) and upgrade it, but im not sure how much power they get.

I have you on my ps3, can I borrow your ZR1 and give it back within the hour?
Quote from FPVaaron :I have you on my ps3, can I borrow your ZR1 and give it back within the hour?

let me finish the dream car challenge(half way through) and ill give you the Minolta to use but i need it back asap as its my only good car lol.
Quote from Mustafur :Also, can anyone tell me how much xp the roadster enduro gives out for winning?

don't have the exact no. but about 65% of what you need to get to next level.

I just finished it, ain't it some achievement!!!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :http://www.play.com/Games/Play ... rce=0&urlrefer=search

Do it, you know you want to.

:-) Yes, I'd spotted that. But this close to Xmas delivery times are entirely random, so I'm going to try and wait until the end of January now. My iCrack subscription runs out then and I want an extra incentive not to resubscribe. Hopefully dropping about £270 on a PS3 will help stop me getting Skip Barber withdrawal symptoms. :-)

Of course if rF2 is out by then my plans may change again, but I'm not convinced it'll be out so quickly.

Andrew McP
Quote from Mustafur :let me finish the dream car challenge(half way through) and ill give you the Minolta to use but i need it back asap as its my only good car lol.

thanks for car, have one too now
Does anybody have a link for the full car list, with hp and engine type?
There is a W.I.P. one here
Cheers Now lets start ticking them off
Anyone willing to sell/lend me a Formula GT?
Quote from Mustafur :Anyone willing to sell/lend me a Formula GT?

Im afraid just about everybody who has GT5 on this forum is having trouble either finding one or actually having enough credits to buy it. Also today i will be doing my 90 laps of Leguna Seca, wish me luck.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Double declutching is pointless nowadays...basically an old practise where you press the clutch and move from gear to neutral, release the clutch, and then press the clutch again and move to another gear. Basically rendered completely pointless by the invention of syncro.

Not every vehicle has syncromesh though. And ANY skill for driving, even if it's ultimately useless, will make you a better driver - smoother, kinder (on the car) and if you want, quicker.

I bet you never bother with heel and toe because it's pointless with syncro.
Quote from 91mason91 :Im afraid just about everybody who has GT5 on this forum is having trouble either finding one or actually having enough credits to buy it. Also today i will be doing my 90 laps of Leguna Seca, wish me luck.

A walk in the park compare to the miata one, under 2 hours in the minota.
Quote from tristancliffe :

I bet you never bother with heel and toe because it's pointless with syncro.

That's different, I think double clutching is pointless these days, if i want to be nice and smooth like I shift without a clutch and not use the syncros. just match the rpm and slip in

Heel towing on the other hand is necessary syncro or not.
The main reason I do it in the first place is that my car will compression lock the rears if I don't.
I made an Mclaren F1 video. Some Tsukuba, some Nurburgring rain.

Stock Mclaren F1 with it's hard sports tyres. Pretty hard to control without any aids and a wheel! You need to be careful with the throttle.

The LM imitation addons, wing, skirts and front splitter add extra downforce which helps, along with using sports medium tyres. Big difference in grip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMxCI5CBUE

BTW I also managed to mutilate my LFA's rear end and wing when I went airbourne at Daytona
Is it just me who thinks the Karting could actually potentially be really awesome if it weren't for one huge problem?

All the Kart tracks are friggin huge. Most of the early special event ones are completely flat out everywhere, and you only need to do some braking for 1 or 2 of them in the whole game. Even in the course maker, I can't create anything as short and twisty as you would see in real life. It's a joke lol. The minimum number of sectors in the course maker is 2, and when you add any kind of complexity to the circuit you end up with something nearly 2 miles long.... I'm pretty disappointed how little the GT5 devs seem to know about actual Karting.
Autumn ring mini is quite good for karts
True, but it's still at least twice the size of any Kart track I know of IRL... If they shrank the whole thing by half it would be brilliant.

Edit: OK looking at it's length maybe not twice the size, but the corners are too open really for it's length.
Quote from DaveWS :I'm pretty disappointed how little the GT5 devs seem to know about actual Karting.

To be fair to get karting right takes a monumental effort, and GT5 would be wasting their time trying to make anything anywhere near realistic.

Also i recall karting was scheduled for GT6 and NOT GT5. The suggestion of karting was leaked in the press, and because it was a popular thing they decided to bring it forward to GT5.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG