The online racing simulator
Quote from logitekg25 :mine are fine

but im on level 22 and i need a car for the historic racing car cup, and the gran turismo all stars cups. not sure where to look. all i have is 4,760,937 credits.

for the historic i have no idea where to start, cause i have nowhere near any car with enough power.

for the all stars cup, i dont have anything with enough power, that has a good enough balance to compete.

any ideas where to start?

will any f1 car be able to compete in the all stars cup? i could save up a bunch if i need

As troy said, get the CLK-GTR and for the historic race buy the Shelby Cobra and tune the fk out of it. Easily winn-able with this car.
i just have to get the clk, but i am only level 22. i need 2 more levels
Quote from troy :Do the AMG special events in gold and win CLK racecar -> win like the wind series, receive toyota 70's race-car -> win historic race.

At least thats what I did.

A spec or b? I didn't win any 70's car in a spec like the wind :s
Quote from DejaVu :A spec or b? I didn't win any 70's car in a spec like the wind :s

Just had a look and it seems to be random, you either win the toyota minolta or the 70's racecar. But if you win the minolta instead of the 70's you just take that one to win the same series in B-spec and everything is fine. ^^
It's not random, A-spec 'like the wind' gives you the Minolta, B-spec gives you the Toyota 7 race car.
where is that event located?
not sure if my b-spec driver can go that high
why does B-Spec Bob drive like he's in a D1 Competition? Tried the NA Roadster cup today, 2nd last corner on Tskuba he drifts.. and on the last lap he spins and gets last, after being top 3. :/
Try keeping his temper just below the white dot (or slightly above it if he isn't in 1st place) or just give him the best tyres that you can use in the event.
Depends on drivers original temprament too. I have a few b spec drivers now, and one is cool, the other red (whatever the word is i can't remember)

The cool one almost never powerslides/drifts, but the red one does it constantly, and i have to reign him in. He has gotten better since he started tho.
Just done the historic in the LP400 good fun tail happy
nascar cup pissed me so far f*cking.

so fuc*ing easy but the retarded ai kept spinning me. HATE NASCAR WITH A PASSION
Quote from logitekg25 :nascar cup pissed me so far f*cking.

so fuc*ing easy but the retarded ai kept spinning me. HATE NASCAR WITH A PASSION

was going to buy a nascar but noticed i was 2 golds away from getting one from the special event will be tomorrows effort
turn ABS off it disables the ASM (which you can't turn off in options directly)

I was so far ahead iirc the AI was never close enough to hit me
Quote from logitekg25 :nascar cup pissed me so far f*cking.

I got a good 10 seconds ahead of them all every race, you're doing it wrong.
i was doing it wrong when i set the downforce higher, before hand i lost to a few stupid mistakes (zoning out and missing breaking points, too much throttle ect..) and that was just barely enough to not get me the gold

then i set my downforce all the way up and it always spun out on the ring (cause too much ratio front/back)

i won somehow after spinning, so im not complaining.
So, a save game decrypter has been released for the PS3, is there any chance someone could post up their save game? I'm absolutely scunnered by the repetitiveness of the lower classes in shit underpowered cars, so would be great if someone could post one up.

Thanks.
Eh, when I get home I'll post mine. Should be about 3 hours.
Quote from DeKo :So, a save game decrypter has been released for the PS3

Any more info about this? Would quite like the possibility to edit some more paint chips in to my savegame without having to buy some stupidly expensive cars just for the paint chip.
Great. Im bored with this game now. FGT Champ and NASCAR champ left on the expert level. FGT Is too long and those damn nascars..what to say..

Also Historic cup left, but when every option is a hefty 20mill.. i dont see me finishing that in the near future.

What to do next? I need new seasonals so i can get to lvl 30 and get the X1 but thats it i guess..
you can win most of the cars you need for a-spec races. I had to buy a FGT, but you can win a Sprint cup car by doing the NASCAR Challenge, and you can win a toyota 7 in another one of the earlier events and other cars from the 70's and 60's can be won.
Quote from EmilO :Great. Im bored with this game now. FGT Champ and NASCAR champ left on the expert level. FGT Is too long and those damn nascars..what to say..

Also Historic cup left, but when every option is a hefty 20mill.. i dont see me finishing that in the near future.

What to do next? I need new seasonals so i can get to lvl 30 and get the X1 but thats it i guess..

I used race modified challenger for historic cup. Just grind the indy race in dream car for 9800xp for about 5/6 mins per race with a fgt or le mans car with max downforce, plus you get 100,000cr. Even quicker money when you get X1
Or you could work your way up like the rest of us have done without cheating or begging from others.

Man, you pitiful.
Jamie.. I'm pretty sure I'm much further than you are and I haven't done any cheating or begging.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG