The online racing simulator
For the love of god, who cares? It's still a QUARTER of all cars in the game... if PD gave every single car a fully-detailed interior the game wouldn't be finished until 2015. Be grateful for what you are getting.

Bumper cam for life.
They said it takes them 6 months for each car, so they really meant it.
Kaz said the Honda HSV might not make be finished in time, hope it does...

Red Bull F1 car is a dead cert
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Sate ... 863182148?p=1242807156063

Quote :For months the F1 team has been working with Polyphony, the company behind the game after Red Bull was asked to become part of the latest chapter: GT5 – The Real Driving Simulator.

In this version, gamers will get the chance drive the Nordschleife, try out the Top Gear test track and unlock a special car which... well, let's just say Adrian Newey is involved as is Sebastian Vettel and they both met the game's designer Kazunori Yamauchi in Milton Keynes earlier this year. The Factory and the Red Bull-owned Hangar-7 restaurant in Salzburg have also been recreated and feature within the game.

A fair bit of clear, concise info HERE 7 pages of it.

I noticed, standard cars get "basic" headlights only, no high/low beam, still no confirmation of the dashboards though.
Quote from gtpsharky :For the love of god, who cares? It's still a QUARTER of all cars in the game... if PD gave every single car a fully-detailed interior the game wouldn't be finished until 2015. Be grateful for what you are getting.

Bumper cam for life.

I think 80% of those who play cares.

If they can't commit to this many cars, then drop the number and just make sure everyone gets equal treatment, that's my position. Don't bite more than you can chew.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Check out Madrid too.. i mean, i'm guessing they spent way too much time on these irelavant details on city tracks.. imaginary city tracks.. that time could've been spent on real tracks, instead we'll get Tsukuba, Ring, Top Gear track, Twin Ring Motegi and some ovals... it's a shame really not to have Spa and Monza in this engine..

It simply confirms the fact that GT5 is partly a screenshot generator for selling more Sony TVs.
Well would you rather have 200 really detailed cars only, or the 200 cars + 800 more?

It's a no brainer, and not many other games have that many cars of the same detail as well. It's a bit like GT3 in that regard, new engine, new console and it had 150 cars. GT1 had like 170 odd, but you notice the 2nd game on each console had a massive leap in content. History repeating itself, but each generation gets harder to create the content due to rising details, resolutions, demands and expectations

Even then I still haven't collected more than 100 of the 700+ cars in GT4. Hell I haven't even driven half of them!
So it's cool to be able to get a chance to do so in a better game engine again on the positive side. GT4 's flickering and jaggies give me headaches! Most of the cars I wouldn't be bothered driving anyway, unless I actually owned them in real life. Various FWD hatches and sedans, and shopping trollies

At least the aftermarket wheels you add to the other 800 cars will be highly detailed GT5 editions, not like flat discs in GT4

Though I find it odd, they couldn't retrofit high beams on the standard cars, it suggest they actually modelled proper high beams off each light in the Premium cars, rather than slapping on a generic high beam
Quote from gtpsharky :For the love of god, who cares? It's still a QUARTER of all cars in the game... if PD gave every single car a fully-detailed interior the game wouldn't be finished until 2015. Be grateful for what you are getting.

Bumper cam for life.

All the fanboy rambling aside, even Prologue had over 70 cars with cockpits, so I would hardly call 200 being impressive on any possible scale, even if they are higher quality than those cars in Prologue. Not to forget, GT5P was released way back in 2008, so they sure as hell had plenty of time in between.
Quote from CoolColJ :Well would you rather have 200 really detailed cars only, or the 200 cars + 800 more?

Hmmm....not an easy question IMO.

I'd personally, rather have ALL cars, modelled and detailed to the SAME level (whatever that maybe), it just seems odd that you are going to have 4/5ths of the available cars produced to a "sub standard" level.

PD have said themselves, that the premium modelling has been pushed too far for the current hardware, they should have toned down the level, and spread a lower level of detail, maybe somewhere between the premium and standard level to the whole stable of cars.

I think its just going to be dissapointing, and maybe a little disjointed going from a premium model ingame, to a standard one, am I really going to want to be using a standard model ingame, when there are premium ones?.
Well for me if there is Pulsar GTI-R standard from GT2, I'm still driving it for sure
I'd pick it over a premium EVO or Impreza in a heartbeat. Emotional attachment is stronger than anything.

They're aiming the models for the future it seems, so they won't have to remodel them over and over again.
Anybody else excited about the trackday feature? I think that will be a hoot!
Quote from CoolColJ :Well would you rather have 200 really detailed cars only, or the 200 cars + 800 more?

I would happily take 500 moderately high detailed cars. No back seats, no blinkers and different headlight for every car, just something better than Forza 3.

For 5 years they should manage that.

GT5's selling point is killer graphic and immersion, and without a cockpit it just doesn't come through.
Its pure marketing, "1000 CARS!!!!", the 800 are just there to make up the numbers
Trackday feature? What does that mean?
Well in theory cockpit is nice, but reality for me, I never used it in Prologue when I did serious driving online. In iRacing I always prefered driving the open wheelers for the same reason, better visibility and feeling, since your forced into cockpit

Maybe a bigger screen might change things, but it's just not the same as real life, and I already have a steering wheel infront of me, I don't need another one. I consider the monitor as the windshield

Some cars like the California had tinting which made it even worse, but I do use it occasionally for fun, but not when racing to win.
Quote from G!NhO :Trackday feature? What does that mean?

From my understanding its kinda like a free-race mode, you can drift or focus on lap times etc
It's basicall free practice online, with whatever cars, I think.. sound fun, anyway!

Quote :Races and Track Days
First and foremost is the Race. In addition to the free match races like in "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" where you don’t know who you’ll race against next, it will now be possible to gather your closest friends and acquaintances, set a variety of regulations, and enjoy races how you like it.
And of course racing isn’t the only thing you can do. You can host "Track Days", where everyone can drive freely on the track. You can try to shave down your laptimes, you can teach someone how to drive, or just enjoy drifting. There’s an infinite amount of ways to have fun here.

Ok thanks.
Quote from CoolColJ :Well in theory cockpit is nice, but reality for me, I never used it in Prologue when I did serious driving online. In iRacing I always prefered driving the open wheelers for the same reason, better visibility and feeling, since your forced into cockpit

Maybe a bigger screen might change things, but it's just not the same as real life, and I already have a steering wheel infront of me, I don't need another one. I consider the monitor as the windshield

Some cars like the California had tinting which made it even worse, but I do use it occasionally for fun, but not when racing to win.

I don't care that much about cockpit details, it's the perspective from which i can drive most confortably, it's the most realistic view and i just can't drive from any other view.. so basically those 800 cars are useless for me... and also, who guarantees that the physics are not also 'standard' for those cars..
Is it really that big of a deal? How many of you play with cockpit view anyway?

Bonnet view 4 lyfe
Yeah, it is a big deal, for me anyway, I use cockpit exclusively if the car has one.

Anyway.....looks like the "standard" cars may also have "opaque" windscreens too, to hide the lack of interior modelling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8v7hjaSr6c
So no skid marks, lack of interiors in most of their cars, and crappy engine sounds... Yeah sounds like it's gonna be a great game
I hope it will be a good game, I've been looking forward to GT5 for 6 years

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG