The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Ford Focus seasonal is fun

I thought the car was an understeering pig . Took few tries to get it done though. Finally enjoyable and challenging races, even if it is all about catching slow ai cars which are given massive head starts.

Going to try the v8 mustang thingy next and then the nascar. The nascar is quite fun on roadies but too bad you can't turn off the asm (?) if you don't have the logi wheel with the red knob.

I would have probably been done and dusted with gt5 without these online events. Great addition to the game imho.
Quote from Hyperactive :
I would have probably been done and dusted with gt5 without these online events. Great addition to the game imho.

So you constantly need some events to keep you coming back?
GT Academy now open for US residents, so far?? grrr
Quote from Boris Lozac :So you constantly need some events to keep you coming back?

You're annoying me Boris, just because someone doesn't think the same as you, doesn't make them bad.
How did i say he's 'bad'? lol.. I'm just asking (not only him), do you need some 'events' and stuff to keep you coming back for a racing game?
Quote from Boris Lozac :How did i say he's 'bad'? lol.. I'm just asking (not only him), do you need some 'events' and stuff to keep you coming back for a racing game?

Maybe he doesn't have the time to setup skilled online races? You say it almost provokatively asif it's wrong for him to think that way, as if he's not dedicated enough to be allowed to play GT5. It's almost like, you see him as an unworthy GT5 player, because he played through it all and got bored, but the extra events kept him interested, where as you play arcade all the time and don't get bored at all.

You annoy me. Grow up and just let people do what they want without a funny comment like that.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Thought it had a 204bhp limit? I just bought the FD from mazda with susp etc and won 2nd try.

That's the old one. The newer events has one race which allows you to drive any RX7 with 394bhp or less.
Quote from Hyperactive :I would have probably been done and dusted with gt5 without these online events. Great addition to the game imho.

I agree, certainly keeps the game fresh.
Quote from BlueFlame :

You annoy me.

It's mutual

I never meant it like that, i'm just wondering why people need some kind of event to have fun in a racing game/sim.. as in, i'm interested, i have no idea how you interpret it like you did.. chill out lol.
Quote from Boris Lozac :So you constantly need some events to keep you coming back?

I think GT5 seriously lacks racing content. I've already done almost all the a-spec races and special events (except the x10 thingy and some of the longer endu races) and I bought GT5 just for those really. And I haven't even been playing all that much...

Kind of like forza3 I expected GT5 to be an eternity project for me. So basically you are right. If they keep adding content I'll have something to do.

Plus these new events are even somewhat challenging. The usual GT5 content is all about one lap of racing and the rest of the race is just cruising around. Picking slower and slower cars just makes the issues with the ai worse and doesn't imho improve the racing much. And if you need to overtake the ai drivers quickly you can just drive like a total ahole. Compared to forza3 there is no challenge.

Online is nice but too unorganized at the moment to seriously keep me interested.

EDIT: I don't see GT5 as a sim so the driving and racing part isn't the holy grail in it like it is with nkpro and iracing for me for example. In a sim I can drive hundreds of laps developing a setup and learning all kinds of new things. In a game like gt5 it's a lot more about the game experience.
Quote from Hyperactive :
EDIT: I don't see GT5 as a sim so the driving and racing part isn't the holy grail in it like it is with nkpro and iracing for me for example. In a sim I can drive hundreds of laps developing a setup and learning all kinds of new things. In a game like gt5 it's a lot more about the game experience.

See Blueflame, that's what i wanted to know.. you really are a pain in the a**..
I got you Hyperactive, but the thing is, i do sometimes feel it as a serious sim on some combos, don't know if i will change my mind about that.. but i can see myself driving some tracks with few good cars for a long time now, but leaderboards would come in handy..
GT5 done for this week then .

The mazda thing was really challenging though. Had to really learn the track (and I've done the 4 hour miata race there so I thought I had already learned it!) and really focus on keeping everything perfect. And push! Took quite a few tries and I came at least 5 times to just something like 0.2s difference to not winning it. All aids off in a '98 rx7 certainly is a bit handful at 400bhp. Absolutely no room for error. So much fun!

The nascar at nordschleife was a bit of disappointment though. Too easy and the car drives so wrong. Way too easy in every way. And you get 1 mill from the nascar thing and far less from the mazda thing. Figures...
Quote from Hyperactive :Going to try the v8 mustang thingy next and then the nascar. The nascar is quite fun on roadies but too bad you can't turn off the asm (?) if you don't have the logi wheel with the red knob.

you can remap the button if you have a G25, no idea about the G27 though. I have that knob mapped to the D-pad.
I have the knob on D-Pad, and X on the G25 as the open/clsoe menu.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
When V1.05 first hit, I was getting 5 cards and 5 paints.

Yesterday I was 6 and 6, today 7 and 7....

--

As far as the driving experience in GT5 goes, I actually do just drive for the fun of it GT5without really pushing hard or racing anyone. Something I don't really do in iRacing or any other game, I just either race or try to beat a lap time. The type of cars you have probably is a factor, and maybe the the tracks.
what kind of lap times do i need to be doing to win the races, particularly the mazda one? i just slapped some power upgrades on the rx7 and tried a few laps but gave up cus i didnt think i had the pace. do i need 58 second lap times? 57?
I am suprised how many people over GT planet can't beat the focus one without Spin recovery, and actually how many people uses it like it's just another aid.......that thing shaves so many seconds off your time it is evil, now I can't take any time posted on the time trial seriously because it is nowhere a fair game.

The bashing of Forza being arcade while using an aid that turns GT into mario kart is hysterical.
Quote from Gabkicks :what kind of lap times do i need to be doing to win the races, particularly the mazda one? i just slapped some power upgrades on the rx7 and tried a few laps but gave up cus i didnt think i had the pace. do i need 58 second lap times? 57?

mid 09s to 00s will be fine.
Mostly you want mid/low 00's but you can have a couple of 01's and an 02 and get away with it. I had one attempt at the focus one and came second Just started the first endurance race and wish i hadn't!
Quote from JJ72 :I am suprised how many people over GT planet can't beat the focus one without Spin recovery, and actually how many people uses it like it's just another aid.......that thing shaves so many seconds off your time it is evil, now I can't take any time posted on the time trial seriously because it is nowhere a fair game.

The bashing of Forza being arcade while using an aid that turns GT into mario kart is hysterical.

Are you allowed to turn on SRF in time trials? Weird
The Standard/pro physics thing in Prologue was much better, and they had separate leaderboards

edit - I checked the leader boards, clicking on their name shows you want they had on and what control method they uded, and none of the top 10 have SRF on. Plus you can't turn it on anyway
I just quit the race on lap 59 whilst answering a text, omfg, PS3 is being turned off now before i throw something at it or the tv screen.... im not even ****ing joking LAP 59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACTUALLY 59!!!!!!!!!!!! OF 60!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : I just quit the race on lap 59 whilst answering a text, omfg, PS3 is being turned off now before i throw something at it or the tv screen.... im not even ****ing joking LAP 59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACTUALLY 59!!!!!!!!!!!! OF 60!!!!!!!!!!!

Another retard to add to the list. Obviously your observation skills could do with an improvement.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG