The online racing simulator
Quote from CoolColJ :Main problem with TDU was the physics just aren't deep enough to enjoy.
It was fun for a while crusing online, exploring, and playing cat and mouse with people and other cars in the world, and then doing drag races with others down the main straight in the main city area
But after that what then? The races and events weren't that interesting, the usual NFS stuff and courier jobs

It's sorta like GTA, but you can't kill people, which robs half the fun

---

BTW Kaz is pissed at the leak of weather, editor and karts etc on his twitter. It doesn't confirm if they are legit though

Allthough i find TDU 1 completely boring now i've done more then enough kms to justify this, GT4 lasted me about 3-5 months i play it now and then but TDU with its insane sized map will have a longer Duration of game play i don't really like the challenges and missions on the game i just like cruising and with the 2nd one having pretty much everything i wanted that 1st didn't have i should be set, not saying GT5 isn't awesome but its taken too long and the excitement has kinda disappeared.

They just spend too long making the next chapter, and by the time there about to realese it the gaming world has changed soo much they spend another 6-12 months fixing it to catch up.
Quote from aoun :Could someone explain how GT5 getting some F1 cars would work legally?

Dont codemasters own the rights or something? I just dont understand completely how it works.. :/

Im assuming they can get all the cars but they can't call it an F1 world championship if they make a series for them to race in.

Judging by GT going to the Red Bull factory in one of the trailers to test some things im guessing they will get the RBR F1 car?
I kinda get it now. They are allowed to have rights for anything with the cars/drivers etc but dont have the rights to use the f1 name or service.. (name, logo, track titles etc.

Id assume Red Bull would be under Renault and IF Mclaren, under Mercedes etc.
Quote :
PD Dev#1: "OMG, we'll never be able to finish enough tracks before release date!"
PD Dev#2: "Ugh... just throw in a track editor. Let's go fishing."

-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I think its a case of "wait untill a finished version hits a reviewer" TBH.
Wasn't sure where to post this, (Left pad is now a steering wheel, right pad has 'mini' pedals loool)

-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Jesus people, with these "official" sites and quotes that no one heard of.. I won't believe it till i see it, there was too much confusion with these wrong translations etc..
Quote from lukelfs :Wasn't sure where to post this, (Left pad is now a steering wheel, right pad has 'mini' pedals loool)

I think the steering should be rotated 90 degrees anti clockwise, so it fits the natural movement of your thumb. Right now you are doing a up/down scrolling movement, which is not as intuitive as doing a left/right scroll.
The funny part is, because all the buttons on the PS3 (heck, PS2 even) are pressure sensitive, having X and [] being "pedals" is actually something that would work.

I don't think it's a good idea, but for a controller gamer, it's not an awful idea.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The funny part is, because all the buttons on the PS3 (heck, PS2 even) are pressure sensitive, having X and [] being "pedals" is actually something that would work.

I don't think it's a good idea, but for a controller gamer, it's not an awful idea.

I think that is much better than the standard controller, as you said the X and [] is pressure sensitive I find that I have to press pretty hard to get the full 'power', so if those pedals work properly it should be much easier to do so
I still prefer the shoulder buttons for Gas/Brake. and I use Square and X as Shift Up/Down.
I use the right stick for throttle and brake when using a controller, forward and reverse respectively, but no left foot braking off course, which is needed in RUFs, rear engined cars, and some mid engined ones. I even did this with LFS at one stage

BTW it seem Euro will get the game last...

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2761/pagesony.png
Right stick up/down for throttle & brake respectively, with shift down L2 and shift up R2. Sure, it means no left-foot braking, but that's the control map I'm most comfortable with. I use that setup in LFS, rFactor, GTR etc as well
Quote from gtpsharky :Right stick up/down for throttle & brake respectively, with shift down L2 and shift up R2. Sure, it means no left-foot braking, but that's the control map I'm most comfortable with. I use that setup in LFS, rFactor, GTR etc as well

How bout a wheel?
Ever thought that maybe I don't have one?

Well, I do - but it's for the PS1/PS2 only, which makes it completely useless for PC and PS3...
Quote from gtpsharky :Ever thought that maybe I don't have one?

Well, I do - but it's for the PS1/PS2 only, which makes it completely useless for PC and PS3...

Well if you love a driving game, hell you even have a nick that tells you do, then invest in some wheel, i mean driving games are the only games that can be replicated with apropriate hardware, you are doing all the moves and everything just like in a real car.. minus the g-forces offcourse, so use a gamepad for football etc, but drive with a wheel..
Trust me, I would use a wheel if I could afford one.
I like driving with a gamepad, it's a challenge and fun when you beat all the noobs with their expensive wheels.
Quote from gtpsharky :Trust me, I would use a wheel if I could afford one.

You already can buy 2 wheels for the price of GT5 (being cheap wheels, but wheels non the less). Dont buy 4 games and you have enough for more pricey wheels.

Its all a matter of priorities...
lol, maybe in the EU, but you sure as hell can't get wheels for peanuts down here!
Just grab a DFGT, like me, cheap as chips for $100 at Dick Smiths over Christmas, but the pedals make me sad

Kaz interview at E3 and some footage of Justin bell trying out GT5 demo on La Sarthe. Cleanest E3 demo footage around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5XymQ3s_8
Quote from aoun :I kinda get it now. They are allowed to have rights for anything with the cars/drivers etc but dont have the rights to use the f1 name or service.. (name, logo, track titles etc.

Id assume Red Bull would be under Renault and IF Mclaren, under Mercedes etc.

Red bull would just go under red bull like how the nike car went under its own brand, because the RBR team isn't a works backed Renault team, unlike for eg the Works BMW Mclaren F1 GTR '97 in GT4 which was under BMW because it was Works backed by them.

The Mclaren f1 team no one would know as it isn't Works backed this year but still is 40% owned by Mercedes.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG