The online racing simulator
hard does not mean realistic, and the Time Trial certainly felt different to Prologue

The shadows do get longer as the sun sets

BTW The ISR guy mentioned 48 people in a lobby? So up to 32 in race sounds plausible now
Yes, i don't know how much weight does their statements hold, as i do agree, Time Trial demo felt way better then Prologue.. but kinda on all videos you can see that there's no 'twitchiness' in car handling, you know, under braking, maybe some loose end under heavy braking etc. it just looks so planted..
True.. all these new cars are built to be lifeless like that..
you mean safe to drive fast
On SRT were they only using something like 180 deg rotation?

I wanted to see someone that can actually drive the cars and in full 720/900
just saw this and thought, how great would it be if Pikes Peak were included ... :drevil:
Quote from Boris Lozac :http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247.html

*Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views.

Quote :Last Updated : Jun 16, 2010

this rumor has been confuted in one of the interviews last week. All cars have at least a rudimentary dashboard view, just not as detailed as the Premium ones (not every stitch, switch, backseat, display etc modelled)
Quote from ACCAkut :this rumor has been confuted in one of the interviews last week. All cars have at least a rudimentary dashboard view, just not as detailed as the Premium ones (not every stitch, switch, backseat, display etc modelled)

Well there is the official homepage and some interview on the internet. Oh that is a hard one who should I believe.
Quote from ACCAkut :this rumor has been confuted in one of the interviews last week. All cars have at least a rudimentary dashboard view, just not as detailed as the Premium ones (not every stitch, switch, backseat, display etc modelled)

C'mon, find me that statement lol Don't be delusional, they haven't touched the standard cars, they are just put through a GT5 engine i suppose, which automatically gives them more shine, maybe higher res and what not.. And that line was just added (about interior camera views), it wasn't there after the E3..
Quote from ACCAkut :*click* somewhere in there

I've watched the whole episode, not once has it been mentioned and confirmed of what you're saying. They asked the SONY rep, but he didn't want to say anything about that.
The statement "Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views" is on the official website, what more do you need?
well in that case I admit defeat
I understood it differently, but I watched while doing laundry, so ...
Well, 200+ crazy detailed cars inside and out is still pretty awesome, i think everyone can agree with that. The level of detail and graphics will be like nothing out there. It's just a shame cause those 800 cars will be practically useless to me, as i can't drive with anything other then cockpit view... I just hope some cool hatchbacks will be among premiums..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well, 200+ crazy detailed cars inside and out is still pretty awesome, i think everyone can agree with that. The level of detail and graphics will be like nothing out there. It's just a shame cause those 800 cars will be practically useless to me, as i can't drive with anything other then cockpit view... I just hope some cool hatchbacks will be among premiums..

50 of them are skylines i bet
So will all the cars from Prologue become "premium" cars? Or will some be "standard" cars and have their cockpits thrown on the scrap heap?

The statement on the official website does seem quite conclusive, but unless what, 70 odd cars from Prologue are going to make up a fair portion of the 200, it would be odd for (some of) them to become "standard" cars and have their cockpit models removed, no?
Quote from sinbad :So will all the cars from Prologue become "premium" cars? Or will some be "standard" cars and have their cockpits thrown on the scrap heap?

The statement on the official website does seem quite conclusive, but unless what, 70 odd cars from Prologue are going to make up a fair portion of the 200, it would be odd for (some of) them to become "standard" cars and have their cockpit models removed, no?

Well i think the Prologue cars will be in the Premium category..
yes prologue cars will be premium so they made after prologue only about ~130 Premium cars..
Puts things into perspective. All the Standard cars will probably be used cars, and the Premium ones will be from dealers.

Kaz said 6 months for each car. So 41 people, maybe split into 4 groups.
So 8 cars a year x 5-6 years

Quote :
To be honest, nothing negative.

Without going into deep analysis, I do not find it that much problematic.

People often do not realise that past 6 years of GT5 development went into much important things such as actual physics engine, overall game design, game structure, creating online, community and network enviroment that GT series never had and upgrading the huuuuuuge PD's databases to HD-quality of this and next-next-gen.

Although I'd like to see all 1000+ cars available in Premium quaility, it was clear (at least to people that had inside info) it was just not going to happen. Such monumental task, with only 20+ people working on actual car modelling is too much work.

Worth mentioning is that all Standard cars will probably be available as Used Cars - not as new cars - so new models from Dealerships will all be Premium.

Back on your question, even from just what we saw untill now, GT5 will bring so much features into series and genre - especially on consoles - that this whole Standard/Premium debate should be non-existant IMO.

However, when final game hits the retail and everybody get their hands on GT5, it will be forgotten more-less. Criticism will remain, no doubt, but I presume nobody actually have an idea - myself included - what obstacles had to be done in order to get a final product od such technical quaility that GT5 will be on hardware from 2007.

Overall GT series philosophy of actual ownership and vehicle maintanance, mechanical and visual damage modelling, car tuning and such, night/day transitions, online, community and network features, possbile inclusion of weather effects, still non-determined option of track editor, countless options from audio/visual standpoint, 3D support, head-tracking, support for force feedback wheels, enhanced PhotoMode (18 megapixels probably), direct YouTube HD upload of replays, brand new and as rumored epical single player career mode, etc... I really do not care about Standard/Premium after all that.

It is an issue, I agree. But really...

Quote :Correct number should be 40, sorry if that mislead anything.

Quote :GT5P's credits list 37 cars modellers, and 4 car model leads.

Quote :You're calling 200/800 a "fiasco", I'm calling it a "bonus".

You're calling them "secondary features", I call them "primary difference".

It is a matter of opinion.

You know, if you already ask me how do I look to that particular issue as a gaming critic, you're going to like my opinion even less.

As s fan I could be disappointed about Standard/Premium issue up to some point. But as a game critic I would even forget that particular thing, because in the overall scope and importance of GT5 for racing genre and overall gaming it doesn't mean a thing.

To elaborate.

If you want to be serious gaming critic (or journalist, call it what you want) you must put things into perspective. And when you put all features of GT5 into perspective, whole Standard/Premium issue become non-relevant.

Is iRacing a bad game/bad simulation just because it has less than 20 cars? I don't think so.

Is original F355 Challenge by Yu Suzuki-san a bad game because it has just ONE car? I don't think so, even 12 years after it is still a non-doubtful masterpiece and it boosts few options and features that none racing game - even GT series - hasn't surpassed yet.

If you look just at the list of confirmed features - not to speak about all surprises that still awaits us - Gran Turismo 5 will certainly be the title that will change the genre, as all previous games did.

We still have to see the actual shapes of the GT5's most important features - single player structure and online structure - but from previous experience with GT series we can expect nothing less than AAA.

When I look at GT5 as a game critic, I see the driving game that boosts unprecedented list of technological features that no other games on consoles have - from 1080p, 60 fps, 3D, 7.1 DD sound, head tracking, PhotoMode, to FF wheels support.

I see game that will further expand the most important and revolutionary aspect of the series, that no other game on genre and on ANY platform have never managed to come even close - the single-player RPG aspect of ownership of the car, car maintenance and feel of connection to your vehicle(s). Not to even speak about the world of Licenses and Missions which remains milestone of the series forever.

From the driver point of view I see game that will give us the most advanced possible physics model ever on consoles and possibly overall, engine made in tight collaboration with Nissan and Mercedes-Benz, with almost genre-unique simulation of USABLE different tire-compounds, day/night change, possible inclusion of weather change and ONLY game in the genre that gives us opportunity to drive on all imaginable surfaces and almost all imaginable car-classes that exist today in the world of motorsport.

From additional features standpoint I see the game that will incorporate in-game streaming TV channels in form of GT:TV, HD YouTube support, numerous community features that still remains undisclosed (BBcode and 32-player lobbies being most interesting), together with some options we do not know about certanly yet - such as evolution of B-Spec mode, actual options of car-tuning and such.

To put it perspective of journalism, if Gran Turismo 5 would be Call of Duty game, it would have more than 1000 weapons to choose from (200+ Premium ones with slightest details nobody ever seen in the genre and 800+ made from assets from previous games), almost 100 maps available from the box, epic single-player, great community features and it would have day/night transitions, photomode, etc.

You can use your imagination to put into perspective same comparation inside any other genre.

As a game critic I can be only amazed with everything that Gran Turismo 5 will bring the the video-gaming in general, standards it will introduce to genre - especially on consoles - and overall size of the game that will be nothing less than unprecedented.

Issue that used cars - probably, it is my own presumption, but very logical one from series philosophy standpoint - will be "Standard" - and we still do not know what it means for sure, but we only know they will look different than Premium to some point and will not have detachable parts when taking damage, everything else will be the SAME - is non-important from game critic point of view.

Taking that as a game-breaking feature in perspective with everything else that GT5 will bring would be nothing less than deliberately ignorant

Please post an original link or source... so i know who's quote i'm reading, some kid on the Youtube, or some eligible reporter..
I thought he was just quoting himself from GTPlanet, perhaps I am wrong.

The thing about this interior cam only for premium cars is that interior camera may not necessarily equal cockpit view.
It's by Amar - I believe he runs a website, store, maybe a Beta tester, seems to seems to have a lot of NDA type info

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... 8&page=39#post3921138
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... 8&page=41#post3921630

He was the one that offered up a riddle April last year about many things that seem to be confirmed for GT5, except the release date

Quote :There are many winds blowing in the air right now, and every one of them is telling its own tale.

First wind whispers that final reunion will happen thirty nights before twelve months pass and that all winds from the whole world will reunite in the same moment for the first time.

Second wind says there will be more than half of dozen hundreds birds flying in the beginning of the reunion on almost eight dozen of skypaths, and some of the birds will come from the past reunion just resembling the looks of the newborn birds.

Third tale says that for the first time ever skypaths will not be just solid and already known but that new skypaths will be built by birdtamers from the parts of existing skypaths.

Fourth wind is talking that birdtamers will reunite in numbers greater than ever and will be granted with ability to talk to each other, make guilds and alliances with undisputed freedom.

Fifth wind says that reunion will happen in two forms, one greater than other and birdtamers will have freedom to decide which reunion they will attend. Greater reunion will ask for great sacrifice to be made in order to get all present and future treasures without new sacrifices needed, while smaller reunion will come in form already known, asking for more sacrifices if future treasures catches the eyes of the birdtamers.

Sixth wind is telling the tale about different reunion but almost the same as known one, smaller only for the eyes of those who do not want to see it in its whole glory. That different reunion will not happen in the realm same as the known one, but in the different realm which still has not been uncovered to the birdtamers. That realm will resemble realm already known but it will be divine new and made in the image of it.

All those birds, skypaths and birdtamers from all realms will unite for the Feast. And as it is already known, it will be the Feast of the Gods.

#2 More than 1000 cars, with many of cars being transferred from GT4. 20 tracks with 60 layouts
#3 Track editor
#4 Online lobbies with Text/Voice chat options and Private Rooms
#6 Gran Turismo Mobile for the new PSP Go have become Gran Turismo PSP and it will be released on October 1st

--------

SimHQ Staff member Tweets during E3 - in reverse order

Chunx: GT5 overall - awesome graphics, convincing physics (on Pro), good AI overall, FFB stronger feeling today and good tire grip cues.

Chunx: GT5 NASCAR stockers @ Indy felt really good IRT Physics reponse, but didn't have to steer right to go straight, just as with FM3

Chunx: Rally cars on gravel very, VERY slippery. Maybe too much. Cars would spin even with neutral throttle and no brake.

Conmanly and magnum gets some GT5 hands on, confirmed all have some type of cockpit, only 200 have thier own cockpits

GT 5: Concensus was that "pro" physics felt pretty realistic, but overall FFB resistance was weak, despite a physics overhaul from Prologue

GT 5: Gameplay adjustments for 2 levels of physics, auto or man transmission, Multi-step Traction Control, and at least 8 tire compounds.

From Chunx: Just tried the GT5 demo with simpit and Logi DFGT. Sony allowed pro physics. Gorgeous and felt good.
CoolColJ

Do you work for Sony or something...?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG